Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    26 May '18 05:38
    The 11th article of impeachment against Andrew Johnson was
    Bringing disgrace and ridicule to the presidency ...

mmm Ring any bells?
  2. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    26 May '18 07:27
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59

mmm Ring any bells?
    Unfortunately, since way too many Americans only get their 'news' from sources like Infowars, Breibart and Fox News, they tend to think Trump is doing well. Both domestically and internationally. The truth, of course, is different.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '18 11:26
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59

mmm Ring any bells?
    Do you want Mike Pence to be president? That is what will happen if Trump is impeached. I don't care much for Trump either, but Pence is a warmonger.
  4. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    26 May '18 11:48
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Do you want Mike Pence to be president? That is what will happen if Trump is impeached. I don't care much for Trump either, but Pence is a warmonger.
    Yes...please. I will gladly roll the dice to have just two years of Pence...rather than the full-Monty of Trump's humiliating "presidency".
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '18 12:10
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Yes...please. I will gladly roll the dice to have just two years of Pence...rather than the full-Monty of Trump's humiliating "presidency".
    Just because he is a moron doesn't mean he isn't a better president than Pence would be.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '18 12:33
    Just because he is a moron doesn't mean he isn't a better president than Pence would be.
    Bad news either way. We either get a sociopath or an ideologue. What a choice.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:316 edits
    I'm tired of hearing that about how we shouldn't get rid of Trump because X person is worse. No one is worse than Trump. "Bernie Bros" and Jill Stein voters make excuses by claiming Hillary would've been worse. That's all BS.

Trump is the most dangerously incompetent president in U.S. history, by FAR. This is not my opinion; this is a demonstrable fact that not even conservatives argue against. Trump's extreme lack of intelligence is notorious; his baby-like attention span that's only lengthened if he hears is name is well known, and often reported. And most dangerousl off all, Trump is the only sitting president who suffers ZERO repercussions for frequently lying, because Americans no longer care when he's pointed out to be a liar. And I haven't even mentioned his corruption, racism, sexism, and other moral severe moral failings.

We can't have a president who is immune to ridicule like Trump; combined with his incompetence and absence of moral, he has can potentially do ANYTHING, no matter how terrible. He has seriously destabilized the Middle East by declaring Jerusalem Israel's capital; many people have died in protests, including children. The peace process between Israelis and Palestinians has been reverted back decades. Iran will now start building nuclear weapons because Trump pulled out of the Nuclear Deal; that's going to be DISASTROUS considering all the wars they back as proxies against Saudi Arabia. Trump has also fueled their anger against Israel with his embassy move.

The U.S. economy has a time bomb thanks to his tax break for the rich, paid for by the poor.

Trump bullied countries by threatening action if they didn't support his Jerusalem policy.

He's selected people like Betsy Devos and Scott Pruitt, whose accomplishments include legalizing chemicals that cause brain cancer in children, and funneling money out of public schools (who badly need it) to private schools, filling the admin's pockets. Everyone---I mean EVERYONE Trump selects for public office has been shown to be either woefully unqualified (Devos, Ben Carson, Kathleen Hartnet (chosen for an government environmental sector, who couldn't answer basic science questions), are ardent bigots like William Otis, believe in Torture in Like "Bloody" Gina Haspel, or corrupt to the core like....Mike Pence, who got into a scandal for pocketing campaign contributions and buying a house a with it.

The U.S., already hated before Trump, has become infinitely more ridiculed, after pulling out of the Paris Accord, Trump mocking world leaders like Angela Merkel, Macron, feuded with Theresa, has a bitter shouting match with the Australian Prime Minister, tried to force the Mexican president to pay for a 20 billion dollar wall, shoved the PM of Montenegro, admitted lying to Justin Trudeau....

WTF.

So how could Pence be any worse? Because he's a religious nut? Because he's anti-gay? Everything about Pence is merely par for the course when it comes to Republicans.

Trump is a is a pariah whose stupidity is deadly, especially since Republicans control all the houses. He's emboldened white supremacists to go public with their hatred, and has destroyed families of immigrants with ICE as his Gestapo. He has no problem starting wars, as shown by "fire and fury" and launching hordes of Rockets into Syria just because he thinks it makes him look tough.

Get him the fck out of office.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:38
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I'm tired of hearing that about how we shouldn't get rid of Trump because X person is worse. No one is worse than Trump. "Bernie Bros" and Jill Stein voters make excuses by claiming Hillary would've been worse. That's all BS.

Trump is the most dangerously incompetent president in U.S. history, be FAR. This is not my opinion; this is a demonstrable f ...[text shortened]... ts into Syria, just because he thinks it makes him look tough.

Most here are against Trump...there is a reason. He is standing up for something they don't like...is most here queer? Just what does he stand for that you disapprove of?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:49
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Most here are against Trump...there is a reason. He is standing up for something they don't like...is most here queer? Just what does he stand for that you disapprove of?
    What he stands for is the worst part of America: the unrepentant, unmitigated, unfair, unapologetic greed which separates those who are obscenely wealthy from the average, hard-working, just-trying-to-feed-their-family Americans who are the real people who made this country great.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:54
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    What he stands for is the worst part of America: the unrepentant, unmitigated, unfair, unapologetic greed which separates those who are obscenely wealthy from the average, hard-working, just-trying-to-feed-their-family Americans who are the real people who made this country great.
    no, the system suckers are not the ones that made this country great. It was men with GUNS that made this country what it is!
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:00
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Bad news either way. We either get a sociopath or an ideologue. What a choice.
    You think Trump is an ideologue?
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:08

Trump is the most dangerously incompetent president in U.S. history, be FAR. This is not my opinion; this is a demonstrable f ...[text shortened]... ts into Syria, just because he thinks it makes him look tough.

"Trump is the most dangerously incompetent president in U.S. history, be FAR.This is not my opinion; this is a demonstrable fact that not even conservatives argue against. "

It is your opinion. GW Bush was the most dangerously incompetent president in U.S. history in my opinion. He killed far more people than Trump has, although that could change since Trump is an establishment tool. In other words, that remains to be seen.
    You are aware that Pence urged war with Iraq and claimed the anthrax letter was from Iraq, claimed it was genetically engineered by Iraq and after genetic testing it was revealed to be from the USA, right?
    If not that is okay. I just want you to know.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:17
    "Trump is the most dangerously incompetent president in U.S. history, be FAR.This is not my opinion; this is a demonstrable fact that not even conservatives argue against. "

It is your opinion. GW Bush was the most dangerously incompetent president in U.S. history in my opinion. He killed far more people than Trump has, although that could change sin ...[text shortened]... esting it was revealed to be from the USA, right?
    If not that is okay. I just want you to know.
    Like I said, everything Pence says and does is par for Republicans. Trump supported invading Iraq, just like every other Republican. Nothing he says and does is out of the norm for the GOP.

Meanwhile, Trump is calling black and brown nations "sh'tholes", threatening "fire & fury", and pulling out of agreements keeping nuclear weapons out of warmongering nations like Iran, and pulling out of peace summits that can curb the war efforts of dictators.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:30
    Like I said, everything Pence says and does is par for Republicans. Trump supported invading Iraq, just like every other Republican. Nothing he says and does is out of the norm for the GOP.

Meanwhile, Trump is calling black and brown nations "sh'tholes", threatening "fire & fury", and pulling out of agreements keeping nuclear weapons out of warmongeri ...[text shortened]... nations like Iran, and pulling out of peace summits that can curb the war efforts of dictators.
    I never said I like Trump. I agree with you with your criticisms of Trump, but he hasn't gotten us into a war yet. He bombed Syria before an investigation could be done both times and I condemn him for that, but Pence would probably have us in a war with Syria by now if he were president.
    GW Bush killed a lot of people. Until Trump kills as many people as Bush did you can't legitimately say Trump is worse than Bush. If body counts mean nothing to you then maybe you are a sociopath.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 May '18 16:02
    I never said I like Trump. I agree with you with your criticisms of Trump, but he hasn't gotten us into a war yet. He bombed Syria before an investigation could be done both times and I condemn him for that, but Pence would probably have us in a war with Syria by now if he were president.
    GW Bush killed a lot of people. Until Trump kills as many people ...[text shortened]... say Trump is worse than Bush. If body counts mean nothing to you then maybe you are a sociopath.
    Bush was in office for 8 years. It's been less than a year and a half for Trump. Already, many people have died, including children, over protesting his moves in Israel. People in Morocco chanted "death to Israel" over the embassy move. The Arab world is unifying (even more than before) against Israel, setting up the stage for a massive war against Israel.

And it's been less than a year and a half.

What other president has done so much damage domestically and internationally in this short of a time span? This is quite possibly the worst first year for a president in modern history.

Furthermore, I never said Trump was the "worst" president; I said he was the most incompetent, which is true. Whether or not his presidency turns out to be as bloody G.W. doesn't change this. He has both the inability and unwillingness to learn anything about his job. He needs to out of office. There's no current option that would end up being worse than Trump.