Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 22:338 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    From your OP:

This sentence already has been widely criticized for being too lenient.
    I suspect that the usual suspects here will be pleased with the sentence.

As it seems quite doubtful that a harsher sentence could do anything to help her "feel safe or recover" (unless you want to impose life in prison or death sentences for such crimes, peo any men on this forum, no matter how "sexist" in your view, would empathize with Mr. Wilkerson.
    No1Marauder has a long and very recent record of hurling lies and other abuse at me.
    I note that No1Marauder recently concluded that I cannot be a non-white woman.
    In particular, No1Marauder concluded that I must be white. After hurling his usual
    insults and setting up 'strawmen' in attempting to distract attention, No1Marauder
    claimed that he had OBSERVED from my 'prior posts' that I must be white.

But No1Marauder has been unable to cite any evidence from my posts that I must be white.
    No1Marauder has been unable to quote any statement in which I described myself as white.
    No1Marauder concluded that I must be white on account of his RACIAL PREJUDICE.
    And I expect No1Marauder to keep hurling abuse and lies to attempt to cover up his wrongdoing.

"I suspect you are being disingenuous."
    --No1Marauder

The pathological liar No1Marauder's opinion is worthless to me.
    Has No1Marauder even bothered to read the victim's full statement?
    It's obvious that, in contrast to No1Marauder, she regards the sentence as much too lenient.
    I have empathy for the victim. Not yet knowing all the facts of the case, I cannot yet say
    *if I agree* with her position that the man deserved the maximum sentence for sexual assault.

I note that the sexist No1Marauder prefers to aim his usual hate only at me rather than at
    other white men (Sonhouse or Zahlanzi) who have criticized the sentence in harsher terms than I.
    Even No1Marauder may feel that he has to appear more 'polite' toward other white men.

"It seems quite doubtful that a harsher sentence could do anything to help her 'feel safe ..."
    --No1Marauder

No1Marauder (predictably) prefers to ignore what the victim has said about how she feels about it.

"Therefore, it's my contention that the maximum sentence would be most suitable.
    I wouldn't have to worry about running into the rapist at CU football games or on campus
    or even in New Mexico. The best reassurance would be know ... that the rapist cannot
    physically get to me."
    --the victim

And No1Marauder's being extremely disingenuous (as usual) when he insinuates that
    anyone (including the victim) has called for the man to be sentenced to life in prison.
    Apparently, the victim would prefer that he be imprisoned long enough (perhaps several
    years) for her to finish her education at Colorado University (after which she would leave).

"I seriously doubt that any men on this forum...would empathize with Mr Wilkerson."
    --No1Marauder

Does the lawyer No1Marauder presume to speak for rape apologists such as Eladar,
    Normbenign, or Quackquack (whom other white men have condemned as 'rape apologists' )?

Is No1Marauder's opinion of other sexist men based upon his considering the evidence (sarcasm)
    in the same way that he used when he concluded that I cannot be a non-white woman?
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 22:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Seems like he now thinks he can rape with impunity.

I wonder if he is caught raping again, and gets the same judge, would that judge be as lenient again?

It is unconscionable he got such a light sentence, that is obvious.
    Will Sonhouse notice that No1Marauder strongly disagrees with his opinion?
    I expect the sexist No1Marauder to keep aiming his wrath against me, of course,
    rather than another white American man like Sonhouse.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 Aug '16 23:32
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/austin-wilkerson-boulder-rape-prison_us_57abb86ce4b06e52746f3b22?section=&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DT945saWl0

no point in having two different threads and reading excuses for the rapist in two different places.

or excuses for the judge who let the rapist go free in the case of a certain someone.
    "These young college-age offenders who perpetrate rape on campus are getting some sort of privileged discount..."
    --Lisa Saccomano (deputy district attorney, criticizing the sentence)
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 00:33
    The same people who said two years in jail would have been an appropriate sentence for Brock Turner are screaming that a two year jail sentence here is too light. Prisoners on work release are still incarcerated and can leave the facility only for " work, school, legal obligations, religious services or medical appointments". (A typical program's info is ...[text shortened]... e than I or other internet posters do. I see no reason to vary from that sensible principle now.
    there he is
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 00:51
    The same people who said two years in jail would have been an appropriate sentence for Brock Turner are screaming that a two year jail sentence here is too light. Prisoners on work release are still incarcerated and can leave the facility only for " work, school, legal obligations, religious services or medical appointments". (A typical program's info is ...[text shortened]... e than I or other internet posters do. I see no reason to vary from that sensible principle now.
    "The same people who said two years in jail would have been an appropriate sentence for Brock Turner are screaming that a two year jail sentence here is too light."
    who said 2 years for brock turner was appropriate? maybe it would have been more apropriate than 6 months but nowhere near fair. the rapist from el salvador, in a similar case, received 6 months from that same judge. where was the probation committee then?

"Prisoners on work release are still incarcerated"
    though not as incarcerated as the el salvador rapist who got 6 years of real prison.

"Of course, the defendant will also be on probation for at least 20 years"
    that makes it ok then. you can tell his next victim that can prove she was raped (it is quite reasonable to assume there might be more victims until that one) that the judge placed him on probation and the system is fair.

i am also sure the guy who is doing 20 years of actual jail for shop lifting a third time because his family was hungry feels lucky he wasn't instead given that work release sentence.

"I am loathe to criticize sentences handed out by judges who have more information regarding a case than I or other internet posters do."
    yes, why should you research a topic. best go with your gut feeling that judges are paragons of fairness.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 01:37
    "The same people who said two years in jail would have been an appropriate sentence for Brock Turner are screaming that a two year jail sentence here is too light."
    who said 2 years for brock turner was appropriate? maybe it would have been more apropriate than 6 months but nowhere near fair. the rapist from el salvador, in a similar case, received 6 month ...[text shortened]... hould you research a topic. best go with your gut feeling that judges are paragons of fairness.
    You did on page 17 of the Brock Turner thread.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 03:42
    who said 2 years for brock turner was appropriate? maybe it would have been more apropriate than 6 months but nowhere near fair. the rapist from el salvador, in a similar case, received 6 month ...[text shortened]... hould you research a topic. best go with your gut feeling that judges are paragons of fairness.
    Actually it was on p. 15 of the Brock Turner thread:

Z: even 2 years would have been acceptable
  8. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 03:51
    I didn't know Hillary was still defending rapists. Oh well.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 04:38
    You did on page 17 of the Brock Turner thread.
    It seems to me such light sentences say to the perp, I think I'll do her again, they don't do much about it.

What would you say in THAT case, #1?
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 04:58
    It seems to me such light sentences say to the perp, I think I'll do her again, they don't do much about it.

What would you say in THAT case, #1?
    I think that's BS. I doubt a person with no criminal record who gets two years in jail and 20 years probation thinks "they didn't do much about it".

Repeat offenders are treated more harshly in the criminal law than first time offenders. That seems just IMO.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 05:20
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    No1Marauder has a long and very recent record of hurling lies and other abuse at me.
    I note that No1Marauder recently concluded that I cannot be a non-white woman.
    In particular, No1Marauder concluded that I must be white. After hurling his usual
    insults and setting up 'strawmen' in attempting to distract attention, No1Marauder
    claimed that he had OBS ...[text shortened]... ce (sarcasm)
    in the same way that he used when he concluded that I cannot be a non-white woman?
    Yes or no: Are you a non-white woman?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 05:43
    Yes or no: Are you a non-white woman?
    Just out of curiosity what makes you think Duchess64 is NOT a non-white woman? What evidence would you present in a court of law?
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 06:22
    Just out of curiosity what makes you think Duchess64 is NOT a non-white woman? What evidence would you present in a court of law?
    This Forum isn't a court of law.

The fact that she hasn't said she is a non-white woman even while continuing for post after post after post with these vicious diatribes even after I said I was willing to withdraw the statement is pretty compelling proof.

She/he (this is an internet forum and no one really knows the personal demographics of another username) is the most disruptive poster on this forum; thread after thread after thread gets sidetracked by her never ending attack posts on virtually anyone who disagrees with her/him. I am never really in favor of censorship, but an appropriate response from the Forum Mods to this type of incessantly offensive behavior would be a lengthy forum ban.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 10:52
    Actually it was on p. 15 of the Brock Turner thread:

Z: even 2 years would have been acceptable
    the "even" qualifier places it in the context of a 6 months sentence. of freakin course 2 years for rape is not acceptable
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 11:07
    I think that's BS. I doubt a person with no criminal record who gets two years in jail and 20 years probation thinks "they didn't do much about it".

Repeat offenders are treated more harshly in the criminal law than first time offenders. That seems just IMO.
    "I doubt a person with no criminal record who gets two years in jail and 20 years probation thinks "they didn't do much about it"."
    even if this insane argument would work and i am definitely not saying it does, another person with no criminal record and no conscience might reasonably consider raping someone because, hey, rape is hardly reported anyway, it is hard to prove and if it actually makes it to trial, you might get 6 months in county prison.

"Repeat offenders are treated more harshly in the criminal law than first time offenders."
    yes, because this is at the same level as shoplifting or littering? what are you trying to say that it is right for a rapist to get 6 months or work release if it's his first rape?