Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Garner, NC
    Joined
    04 Nov '05
    Moves
    27920
    05 May '15 17:28
    It's interesting to review comments on this thread:

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=160962

    After this news development:

    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/05/05/django-unchained-actress-ordered-to-apologize-to-lapd-over-profiling-allegation/?intcmp=latestnews

    I wonder how long some will continue to believe any and all accusations of racism?

    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    -- Winston Churchill
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    05 May '15 17:44
    Originally posted by techsouth
    I wonder how long some will continue to believe any and all accusations of racism?

    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    -- Winston Churchill
    Threads in progress now show things haven't changed much. Shouting racism always brings out a crowd of limousine liberals.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12477
    05 May '15 18:01
    It's the seriousness of the charge.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    12727
    05 May '15 18:09
    Originally posted by techsouth
    I wonder how long some will continue to believe any and all accusations of racism?
    The accusation doesn't have to be believed, or even believable, to be useful as a political weapon.
  5. Garner, NC
    Joined
    04 Nov '05
    Moves
    27920
    05 May '15 18:14
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    The accusation doesn't have to be believed, or even believable, to be useful as a political weapon.
    True, but no doubt many of the people we encounter here on RHP are "true believers". Oddly, they can never seem to develop an iota of skepticism whenever a charge of racism is raised.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    05 May '15 18:29
    Whoa! You actually check FOX News?
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    05 May '15 18:34
    "Police officers were investigating a report of two people having sex in a car on Sept. 11".

    That day always gets me in the mood.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    05 May '15 21:12
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Whoa! You actually check FOX News?
    You aren't biased against Fox News are you?
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    05 May '15 21:31
    Originally posted by normbenign
    You aren't biased against Fox News are you?
    I disagree calling it "news", nothing else.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    05 May '15 21:33
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I disagree calling it "news", nothing else.
    I'm sure that's why they enjoy the highest ratings of any cable new channel.
  11. Garner, NC
    Joined
    04 Nov '05
    Moves
    27920
    06 May '15 01:20
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I disagree calling it "news", nothing else.
    Hmm. Even NBC reported this story: http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/django-unchained-actress-daniele-watts-apologize-lapd-n353561

    You guys notice how this works...

    Ignore the story and totally avoid reflecting on the implications of how easily charges of racism are thrown around and taken seriously. All with a dismissive wave such as "you got that from Fox News?"

    Notice he didn't go so far as to say the story was false. That would require an actual statement that could be proved wrong.

    But by disparaging "Fox News" on a story that is just news and little or no "opinion", one can totally avoid dealing with facts and yet feel smugly superior at the same time.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    06 May '15 04:082 edits
    Originally posted by techsouth
    Hmm. Even NBC reported this story: http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/django-unchained-actress-daniele-watts-apologize-lapd-n353561

    You guys notice how this works...

    Ignore the story and totally avoid reflecting on the implications of how easily charges of racism are thrown around and taken seriously. All with a dismissive wave suc ...[text shortened]... pinion", one can totally avoid dealing with facts and yet feel smugly superior at the same time.
    You're absolutely right. People who throw around accusations of racial profiling do a great disservice to legitimately good cops, as well as to actual victims of racial profiling. This case needs to be discussed me as a reminder to not jump to conclusions the next time a cop is accused of racism.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13060
    06 May '15 05:53
    Originally posted by techsouth
    Hmm. Even NBC reported this story: http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/django-unchained-actress-daniele-watts-apologize-lapd-n353561

    You guys notice how this works...

    Ignore the story and totally avoid reflecting on the implications of how easily charges of racism are thrown around and taken seriously. All with a dismissive wave suc ...[text shortened]... pinion", one can totally avoid dealing with facts and yet feel smugly superior at the same time.
    NBC is the news outlet that caters to the most leftwing of the liberal Democrats.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    06 May '15 08:17
    Originally posted by techsouth
    It's interesting to review comments on this thread:

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=160962

    After this news development:

    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/05/05/django-unchained-actress-ordered-to-apologize-to-lapd-over-profiling-allegation/?intcmp=latestnews

    I wonder how long some will continue to believe any and ...[text shortened]... around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.[/i]
    -- Winston Churchill
    yes, one example of a black person falsely accusing a white man of lying is cause to dismiss all other accusations.
  15. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    06 May '15 13:06
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes, one example of a black person falsely accusing a white man of lying is cause to dismiss all other accusations.
    One example?
    It's a pattern of behavior that blacks do all the time when they get caught doing something, they cry racism and try to turn the tables on the cop...or teacher...or boss...or whatever situation they find themselves in they don't like when they get caught red handed ., and the sad thing is it works many times.
Back to Top