Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Garner, NC
    Moves
    06 May '15 13:48
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes, one example of a black person falsely accusing a white man of lying is cause to dismiss all other accusations.
    Wow!!! That is over the top dude.

It would be over the top even if it were hard to find other examples.

Please tell me where I've said or even hinted that we should "dismiss all other accusations"?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 May '15 14:49
    Originally posted by techsouth
    Wow!!! That is over the top dude.

It would be over the top even if it were hard to find other examples.

Please tell me where I've said or even hinted that we should "dismiss all other accusations"?
    "Please tell me where I've said or even hinted that we should "dismiss all other accusations"?
    Original post, right before the tired churchill quote
    "I wonder how long some will continue to believe any and all accusations of racism? "
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    06 May '15 15:07
    "Please tell me where I've said or even hinted that we should "dismiss all other accusations"?
    "I wonder how long some will continue to believe any and all accusations of racism? "
    You're being deliberately obtuse. He didn't say they should be dismissed. His point, obviously, is that they should not all be reflexively believed.
  4. Garner, NC
    Moves
    06 May '15 15:16
    So you believe there is a dichotomy between believing "any and all accusations of racism" and being compelled to "dismiss all other accusations"?

By rules of basic logic, if someone doesn't believe "any and all accusations" then that person understands that some accusations may be false, while some may still be true.

There are three categories here:

1. Believing all accusations of racism.
    2. Believing some accusations of racism are true, while others are false.
    3. Believing no accusations of racism.

I am criticizing those that fall in the first camp. You seem to have overlooked the second camp and thus assumed I was advocating the third, which is not the case.

Seems it is possible to understand that racism exists yet having a healthy skepticism when the next accusation comes out. The only reasonable place to be is in the second camp. But if one is in the second camp, one must not fly off the handle every time someone accuses someone else of racism.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 May '15 21:54
    Originally posted by techsouth
    So you believe there is a dichotomy between believing "any and all accusations of racism" and being compelled to "dismiss all other accusations"?

By rules of basic logic, if someone doesn't believe "any and all accusations" then that person understands that [b]some
    accusations may be false, while some may still be true.

There are three categorie ...[text shortened]... second camp, one must not fly off the handle every time someone accuses someone else of racism.[/b]
    i misunderstood you then. yes, i dislike people who are constantly on the same side of an issue, before learning all the facts, and staying on the same side of an issue despite the facts. those people are the worst.