Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 11:392 edits
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2016/04/13/irs-admits-it-encourages-illegals-to-steal-social-security-numbers-for-taxes/?fbclid=IwAR0xfAI808froIBxVFLRVVLv_3KpGW6gKbq16Cr3D4SgibdIhlmwsNZOOjQ#6c1faae44c04

The White Supremacists Forbes Magazine has claimed that the IRS under Obama not only targeted conservatives before the election, they also encouraged illegals to claim Social Security benefits.

I personally think that the hate magazine should be shut down in addition to spreading fake news!

After all, using hate speech like "steal" and "illegal" is unacceptable today. The article should read, "Undocumented and oppressed workers are encouraged to reclaim their lost heritage and land".

Only magazines that spread thruthiness like the Huffington Post should be allowed to exist.
  2. Joined
    09 Jan '19
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 11:591 edit
    Pretty sad how things have changed.
    You can't even call a queer a queer.

Social security runs out in 2036 I was told. We are going to have a lot of geriatric bank robbers soon.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 12:121 edit
    Koskinen said:

"What happens in these situations is someone is using a Social Security number to get a job, but they're filing their tax return with their [taxpayer identification number]." What that means, he said, is that "they are undocumented aliens … . They're paying taxes. It's in everybody's interest to have them pay the taxes they owe."

It's completely the opposite of "steal[ing] from Social Security." What he is saying is that if there are people working illegally, then it's better if they pay some taxes than if they do not. In effect, they are contributing towards Social Security without being eligible for benefits.
  4. Joined
    09 Jan '19
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 12:22
    He's right.
    I worked in the states using a social security number that wasn't mine and the IRS wrote me a letter saying the number wasn't mine and that my employer wasn't allowed to fire me because of it.
    That's when I realized the IRS will take any cash you are willing to give.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 04:37
    Why don't the IRS simply issue social security numbers to everyone? Then nobody needs to "steal" anything. Collecting taxes is for everyone's benefit. If there's an issue with other entitlements or welfare it shouldn't matter. The tax and welfare systems can distinguish between citizen, resident, and nonresident.