Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 13 Jun '13 14:25
    Elizabeth Harrington
    Politico
    June 13, 2013

Rep. Jeff Duncan wants to know why IRS law enforcement agents are training with AR-15 rifles.

As chairman of the House Homeland Security oversight subcommittee, Duncan (R-S.C.) toured a federal law enforcement facility in late May and noticed agents training with the semi-automatic weapons at a firing range. They identified themselves as IRS, he said.

“When I left there, it’s been bugging me for weeks now, why IRS agents are training with a semi-automatic rifle AR-15, which has stand-off capability,” Duncan told POLITICO. “Are Americans that much of a target that you need that kind of capability?”

The debate: Why are they doing this and is this a good or bad thing for Aemrica ?
  2. 13 Jun '13 16:10
    Clearly the goal is to shoot everyone who does not pay their taxes on sight.
  3. 13 Jun '13 16:16
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    LOL.
  4. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    13 Jun '13 16:19
    Proper grammar. You meant, "...to shoot on sight everyone who does not pay their taxes." Misplaced modifiers - annoy me...
  5. 13 Jun '13 16:23
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Proper grammar. You meant, "...to shoot on sight everyone who does not pay their taxes." Misplaced modifiers - annoy me...
    Fortunately the grammar police does not have AR-15 assault rifles.
  6. 13 Jun '13 16:23
    Better fill out that 1040 Sgt.

Or they will be coming for you.

AR 15's, Glock 17's and smoke grenades.
  7. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    13 Jun '13 17:05
    Fortunately the grammar police does not have AR-15 assault rifles.
    Today they don't. Today they don't exist. I say probably. Maybe they do and the secret program that runs them just hasn't been leaked yet. But they will have AR-15s. AR-15s for everybody.

I never understood why liberals don't arm themselves, by the way.
  8. 13 Jun '13 17:13
    Today they don't. Today they don't exist. I say probably. Maybe they do and the secret program that runs them just hasn't been leaked yet. But they will have AR-15s. AR-15s for everybody.

I never understood why liberals don't arm themselves, by the way.
    I don't speak for "liberals", but personally I don't buy any weapons because there are no threats I need to defend myself against, and I don't care for hunting.
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    13 Jun '13 18:05 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Elizabeth Harrington
    Politico
    June 13, 2013

Rep. Jeff Duncan wants to know why IRS law enforcement agents are training with AR-15 rifles.

As chairman of the House Homeland Security oversight subcommittee, Duncan (R-S.C.) toured a federal law enforcement facility in late May and noticed agents training with the semi-automatic weapons at a f ...[text shortened]... apability?”

The debate: Why are they doing this and is this a good or bad thing for Aemrica ?
    The IRS got Capone. Maybe they're expecting Elliot Ness style gunfights with armored opposition.

IRS agents are training with a semi-automatic rifle AR-15, which has stand-off capability

That's a strange way to describe an AR-15.

Trailer for The Untouchables:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCeDBqvwLCw

BTW Elliot Ness (Kevin Costner) represents WASP (Germanic) culture, while Jimmy Malone (Sean Connery) represents Irish-American (Celtic) culture. Al Capone (DeNiro) is Italian (Latin). The three major types of western Europeans (except the Basques).
  10. 14 Jun '13 00:24
    Why are they doing this
    From the Politico article, if you read all of it, the IRS explained the training:
    As law enforcement officials, IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agents are equipped similarly to other federal, state and local law enforcement organizations. Special Agents receive training on the appropriate and safe use of assigned weapons. IRS Criminal Investigation has internal controls and oversight in place to ensure all law enforcement tools, including weapons are used appropriately,” the IRS said.

The agency included a link [below] to its enforcement website, where annual reports show IRS investigations and convictions of crimes ranging from offshore bank accounts, to Medicare fraud, to money laundering and drug trafficking operations.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Criminal-Investigation-%28CI%29-At-a-Glance
  11. 14 Jun '13 02:23 / 1 edit
    Elizabeth Harrington
    Politico
    June 13, 2013

As chairman of the House Homeland Security oversight subcommittee, Duncan (R-S.C.) toured a federal law enforcement facility in late May and noticed agents training with the semi-automatic weapons at a f ...[text shortened]... apability?”

They are intended to be a gestapo like organization. They can do much financially to coerce and control private citezens as well as corporations, but when the bottom falls out of the economy they will need guns. In other words, when people have nothing to lose financially the IRS will need to become physically threatening.
  12. 14 Jun '13 03:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    From the Politico article, if you read all of it, the IRS explained the training:
    As law enforcement officials, IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agents are equipped similarly to other federal, state and local law enforcement organizations. Special Agents receive training on the appropriate and safe use of assigned weapons. IRS Criminal Investigati ...[text shortened]... fficking operations.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Criminal-Investigation-%28CI%29-At-a-Glance
    I did read all of it.
    The IRS has zero credabilty in my book.
    But, I am glad to see YOU have such faith in the IRS and their explanation.
  13. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    14 Jun '13 04:02 / 1 edit
    I did read all of it.
    The IRS has zero credabilty in my book.
    But, I am glad to see [b]YOU
    have such faith in the IRS and their explanation. [/b]
    Don't you see? Obama runs them. Of course the IRS has credibility. Come on. Anything Obama does is brilliant, because he's Moon's demigod. Moon adores Him in the way one adores a deity.

EDIT: in the way that one adores a deity e is sexually attracted to.
  14. 14 Jun '13 12:42 / 2 edits
    I don't mind so much that there are stupid, moron conspiracy theorists like sasquatch and uther on the Internet, nor do I mind the wing-nut websites that feed on their ignorance.

But when these dips***s can actually become elected officials who chair committees, that's when you know America has a problem.
  15. 14 Jun '13 12:51
    Don't you see? Obama runs them. Of course the IRS has credibility. Come on. Anything Obama does is brilliant, because he's Moon's demigod. Moon adores Him in the way one adores a deity.

EDIT: in the way that one adores a deity e is sexually attracted to.
    We need inquisitions for this kind of blasphemy.

Just so ya know, I alerted the IRS about this thread.