Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 07:26
    Duchess created a thread on the science forum all about yours truly. Duchess, being the leftist partisan creature that she is, seems to think one flawed poll that omits most climate scientists from that poll is evidence that man is the main cause of global warming.
    I made the argument that omitting the "indifferent" is a method of manipulating the outcome of the poll. I also questioned the percentage of climate scientists actually identified by the study. Even those are probably a mere minority of all climate scientists.

Duchess seems to think that omitting the indifferent makes a fair poll in regards to a very partisan issue. Make your consensus heard here and on the science forum. Is Duchess being a trolling hypocrite by encouraging a partisan pile up on the science forum and expecting that to be perceived as a fair representation of consensus?

Since when was a bunch of ego bruised democrats in denial of facts evidence of anything? Extremely flawed polls are evidence? Omitting over 70% of the climate scientist's opinions is reasonable? That is not even all climate scientists, just those that turned up emails of climate scientists from an internet search.

Lets be clear, the study that polled climate scientists NEVER determined how many climate scientists there are, just how many they stumbled onto from an internet search using certain keywords. Of those e-mailed very few responded.

Is omitting the indifferent a fair method of polling? Is Duchess defending a method she would never condone in presidential elections? For example, would she condone letting Iowa determine who became president to save the election costs of the rest of the states? Keep in mind that Trump got nearly 10% more votes than Hillary Clinton did in Iowa. Not a result they would accept given they can't even accept Trump won fairly at all.

Hypocrisy?
  2. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 09:10
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Duchess created a thread on the science forum all about yours truly. Duchess, being the leftist partisan creature that she is, seems to think one flawed poll that omits most climate scientists from that poll is evidence that man is the main cause of global warming.
    I made the argument that omitting the "indifferent" is a method of manipulating the outc ...[text shortened]... t a result they would accept given they can't even accept Trump won fairly at all.

Hypocrisy?
    Sorry dude, 99% of scientists in the world are agreed that humanity’s footprint is at least partially to blame for global warming.

There’s one or two pseudo-scientists in England and a couple of nutters in the US who think differently.

For the rest of the world, this is a non-issue.

Don’t know what poll you’re referring to, but if it’s on global warming, I’m pretty sure leaving the opinions of those paid by big business and religious mutts off of it, is quite reasonable.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 09:20
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Sorry dude, 99% of scientists in the world are agreed that humanity’s footprint is at least partially to blame for global warming.

There’s one or two pseudo-scientists in England and a couple of nutters in the US who think differently.

For the rest of the world, this is a non-issue.

Don’t know what poll you’re referring to, but if it’s on global ...[text shortened]... g the opinions of those paid by big business and religious mutts off of it, is quite reasonable.
    Then all those in the employ of the goobermint can be disregarded to. Because their solution is always the same - more goobermint.
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 09:26
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Then all those in the employ of the goobermint can be disregarded to. Because their solution is always the same - more goobermint.
    I have no idea what goobermint is.

It must be some trailer-jargon or so.

But, generally, when one needs to coordinate actions, one uses or installs a central command + structure.

And using existing ones, like governments, is cheaper than setting up a whole new layer.

Usually it’s cheaper to invest in deterring a problem than cleaning up after it.

So on both counts, I’m sure you’ll be glad to know, we have your financial interests covered as well.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 09:32
    I have no idea what goobermint is.

It must be some trailer-jargon or so.

But, generally, when one needs to coordinate actions, one uses or installs a central command + structure.

And using existing ones, like governments, is cheaper than setting up a whole new layer.

Usually it’s cheaper to invest in deterring a problem than cleaning up after ...[text shortened]... both counts, I’m sure you’ll be glad to know, we have your financial interests covered as well.
    You want to disregard comment because of who they're employed by, you're thinking their findings will be biased.

I agree.

Disregard those in the employ of big business, but also disregard those employed by goobermint for the same reason.

Try to get with some principle shav. Some principle that isn't all about 'command', you're showing your control freak colors.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 09:40
    You want to disregard comment because of who they're employed by, you're thinking their findings will be biased.

I agree.

Disregard those in the employ of big business, but also disregard those employed by goobermint for the same reason.

Try to get with some principle shav. Some principle that isn't all about 'command', you're showing your control freak colors.
    Well, yes, I do make a distinction between a professional civil service and an oil company.

Good reasons for it, by the way.
    However, most companies,when executing a project, use a centralized gouvernance model.
    Especially when the project is divided over various layers and countries.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 09:541 edit
    Well, yes, I do make a distinction between a professional civil service and an oil company.

Good reasons for it, by the way.
    However, most companies,when executing a project, use a centralized gouvernance model.
    Especially when the project is divided over various layers and countries.
    We know you're a state worshiper in the same way god-botherers worship god.

Try and convince a god bother there's no god is like trying to make you see the light, the only thing the goobermint is interested in is expanding it's realm.

I suspect you're on the state teat anyway.
  8. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:34
    We know you're a state worshiper in the same way god-botherers worship god.

Try and convince a god bother there's no god is like trying to make you see the light, the only thing the goobermint is interested in is expanding it's realm.

I suspect you're on the state teat anyway.
    Oh brother...this thread is disappointing.

There should be a law against false-advertising in RHP. But, I'll try to keep a positive attitude:

Yes to the Title Question.
    Yes...climate science deniers are idiots.
    Yes, Virginia. ..there is no Santa Claus.
  9. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:47
    Duchess has called me a troll in the past, and has made comments about my reading comprehension.

But....she is funny about it, and I cannot help but laugh.

Not to mention that she seems intelligent on most topics.

I rather enjoy her posts, and they wouldn't be the same if they lacked the start-up phrase of "my abusive lying troll".

Just my opinion.
  10. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:54
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Duchess has called me a troll in the past, and has made comments about my reading comprehension.

But....she is funny about it, and I cannot help but laugh.

Not to mention that she seems intelligent on most topics.

I rather enjoy her posts, and they wouldn't be the same if they lacked the start-up phrase of "my abusive lying troll".

Just my opinion.
    Oh yeah, and Americans dominate the Chinese in ping pong. 🙂
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 13:29
    I made the argument that omitting the "indifferent" is a method of manipulating the outc ...[text shortened]... t a result they would accept given they can't even accept Trump won fairly at all.

Hypocrisy?
    Of course D is a trolling racist hypocrite.
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 13:511 edit

Hypocrisy?
    Does this forum really need another one of these threads? She makes an interesting contribution to this forum.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:09
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    Does this forum really need another one of these threads? She makes an interesting contribution to this forum.
    Really? Once you have read one of D's racist troll tirades you have seen them all.
  14. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:21

Hypocrisy?
    Duchess's hypersensitivity with white males and martyr complex is well known here, but when it comes to climate change you're on the wrong side of this argument. Companies and individuals belch many thousands of tons of toxins into the atmosphere every year, and have sadly sold millions of weak minded people that the resulting climate change is a naturally occurring phenomenon. Polling aside, Duchess is correct, and you are not.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:27
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Duchess's hypersensitivity with white males and martyr complex is well known here, but when it comes to climate change you're on the wrong side of this argument. Companies and individuals belch many thousands of tons of toxins into the atmosphere every year, and have sadly sold millions of weak minded people that the resulting climate change is a naturally occurring phenomenon. Polling aside, Duchess is correct, and you are not.
    Seems to me you should give up your toxin spewing lifestyle. Your very existence poisons the earth. How can you live with yourself?

Oh yeah...what you say applies to others not you.