Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 04:08
    So stop bloody doing it.

Jesus FFing Christ, you’d think there’s be a limit to people’s politicized and polarized actions.
    Seemingly not.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 05:581 edit
    @shavixmir said
    So stop bloody doing it.

Jesus FFing Christ, you’d think there’s be a limit to people’s politicized and polarized actions.
    Seemingly not.
    I presume you are referring to news reports coming out of Syria.

Given a) that both sides in the conflict are quite prepared to employ fake news to paint the other side as evil incarnate and/or launch a real gas attack and blame it on the other side, b) that the combatants will not permit international inspectors to visit the sites of alleged gas attacks until most of the evidence has been clear away or dissipated, and c) that both sides might be evil incarnate, it is hard to know how much to believe about such reports.

I do believe that ruthless dictators in general, and Assad in particular, will stop at nothing to stay in power, and that some rebels will stop at nothing to get ruthless dictators out of power.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 07:10
    Or US tear-gassing asylum seekers at the border.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 07:50
    @shavixmir

Did your government care when the US helped Saddam as he used chemical weapons against Iran?

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2018/09/22/cia-files-prove-america-helped-saddam-as-he-gassed-iran/

Are you only upset because it is children? What about the starving Yemeni children? Is the blockade alright?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 07:52
    @metal-brain said
    @shavixmir

Did your government care when the US helped Saddam as he used chemical weapons against Iran?

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2018/09/22/cia-files-prove-america-helped-saddam-as-he-gassed-iran/

Are you only upset because it is children? What about the starving Yemeni children? Is the blockade alright?
    How is shavixmir responsible for what the Dutch government did or did not do in the 1980s?
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 08:05
    @kazetnagorra said
    How is shavixmir responsible for what the Dutch government did or did not do in the 1980s?
    I never said he was responsible for it. I'm implying that the Dutch news media is hyping one alleged human rights violation while ignoring others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_Netherlands

Why can't the Netherlands stay neutral instead of aiding the Empire?
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 08:21
    @metal-brain said
    I never said he was responsible for it. I'm implying that the Dutch news media is hyping one alleged human rights violation while ignoring others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_Netherlands

Why can't the Netherlands stay neutral instead of aiding the Empire?
    Because the Dutch government are right wing kuntz.
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 08:23
    @wolfgang59 said
    Exactly.

In Syria, in the Yemen... and now even on the Mexican border near the semi-fascist 3rd world nation of trumpistan... kids just don’t seem to be all that safe.

You’d think there’d be some sort of international agreement about the treatment of children. You know, some sort of deal which most of the world signed up to or something...
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 10:01
    @wolfgang59 said
    I missed that news item. Link, please.
  10. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 11:37
    @moonbus
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46339085
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 11:49
    @shavixmir said
    @moonbus
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46339085
    Thanks, shav.

I have to say though, storming the border is not helping the migrants' cause or image. You can't expect the border patrol (of any country) to just let 500 people jump the fences; if they were to let 500 get passed the fences unhindered, it would start a run on the bank, so to say. I doubt the border patrol was manned by 500 agents; they were most likely heavily outnumbered. So, what would you suggest instead of tear gas, which is after all an appropriate measure for dispersing an unruly crowd in any police action against a mob? Water cannon?

Actually, it was remiss of the Mexican authorities not to prevent such a mad dash in the first place. And why doesn't Mexico offer them asylum and jobs and homes and free meds, huh?
  12. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 12:10
    @wolfgang59 said
    Or the French police tear-gassing the (everyday) fuel tax protesters.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 15:33
    @moonbus said
    Thanks, shav.

I have to say though, storming the border is not helping the migrants' cause or image. You can't expect the border patrol (of any country) to just let 500 people jump the fences; if they were to let 500 get passed the fences unhindered, it would start a run on the bank, so to say. I doubt the border patrol was manned by 500 agents; they were most likely heavi ...[text shortened]... in the first place. And why doesn't Mexico offer them asylum and jobs and homes and free meds, huh?
    You can't expect the border patrol (of any country) to just let 500 people jump the fences

Why not? Just detain them instead of assaulting them.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 15:51
    @moonbus said
    Thanks, shav.

I have to say though, storming the border is not helping the migrants' cause or image. You can't expect the border patrol (of any country) to just let 500 people jump the fences; if they were to let 500 get passed the fences unhindered, it would start a run on the bank, so to say. I doubt the border patrol was manned by 500 agents; they were most likely heavi ...[text shortened]... in the first place. And why doesn't Mexico offer them asylum and jobs and homes and free meds, huh?
    Mexico did offer them asylum:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-caravan/mexico-offers-plan-to-keep-us-bound-migrants-in-mexico-idUSKCN1N02KW
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 16:06
    @shavixmir said
    So stop bloody doing it.

Seemingly not.
    more popular to crush skulls with forceps.