Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 17:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Good question; when will you realize the moral wrongness of constantly lying on this forum?
    I would say that I was blinded until a few days ago. Thank God I'm not irredeemable like many others.
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 21:425 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie about Mchill
    I find spelling errors irritating too, but I don't feel the need to cause more irritation to others by repetitively pointing these out.
    The fact that Mchll wrote 'profit' *three times* instead of 'prophet' was *not* a 'spelling error'.
    Evidently, Mchill was ignorant of these words' important difference in meaning.
    Then Mchill attempted to save face by apparently pretending that he knew the difference all the time.
    I suspect that Mchill would have liked to claim his error was just a typo except for the fact
    that it's a ludicrous stretch to argue that he would make the same huge 'typo' three times.

If Mchill had kept silent rather than making a disingenuous excuse, I would have written no more about it.
    If Mchill had admitted (which I never would expect from him), "Yes, I was ignorant of the
    distinction in meaning between 'profit' and 'prophet'. Thanks for helping me learn something.",
    I would have even reconsidered my judgment (from ample evidence) of Mchill's base character.

Unlike Kewpie, I object to people being disingenuous in attempting to cover up their blatant errors.
    And I note that some arrogant native speakers of English here, who typically are poor in
    English grammar and usage, like to put down some apparent non-native speakers of English.
    But I have not noticed Kewpie making any objection to them.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 21:51
    Originally posted by mchill
    You are 100% correct oh wise one. I grovel in your presence your highness for having misspelled one word. I grovel with humility. 😳
    Apparently, Mchill keeps being disingenuous. Evidently, Mchill was ignorant of the important
    difference in meaning between 'profit' (which he wrote *three times*) and 'prophet'.
    Mchill apparently wrongly assumed that 'profit' must have the same meaning as 'prophet'.

Mchill's self-described 'groveling' is as fake as the rest of his disingenuous excuse.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 07:38
    Originally posted by JS357
    "Mostly false."

http://www.snopes.com/koch-brothers-officially-endorse-hillary-clinton/
    I figured as much. The "OffGuardian" article whodey linked to contains a whole boatload of other less-easily-believed claims as well.