Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    25 Jul '09 05:02
    Allow me to paraphrase the great liberal one. . ."i wasn't there, but as it was a white cop arresting my black brotha, the cop was obviously acting out of bigotry". The question is - Is Obama a racist?
  2. 25 Jul '09 05:09 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Allow me to paraphrase the great liberal one. . ."i wasn't there, but as it was a white cop arresting my black brotha, the cop was obviously acting out of bigotry". The question is - Is Obama a racist?
    Up yours. White pig.

He didn't even say that. What is wrong with you?

That is enough for me of this site. Christ if even Huck is a racist I'm screwed in this neighborhood.
  3. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    25 Jul '09 05:10
    More importantly, was he speaking the truth ??
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    25 Jul '09 05:24
    He handled it with dignified aplomb. People forget that the speech he made after the Rev.Wright affair was one of the most accomplished statements on race-in-the-U.S.A. ever made by a retail politician. I would have thought that when he was in this mode, he would unify Americans left and right. I wonder why it is that those on the right bristle at everything he does - even the really joined up stuff. This uproar feels manufactured.
  5. 25 Jul '09 05:42
    Originally posted by caissad4
    More importantly, was he speaking the truth ??
    are cops actions based on truth when they unfairly suspect blacks and latinos of commiting criminal acts?
  6. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    25 Jul '09 07:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Up yours. White pig.

He didn't even say that. What is wrong with you?

That is enough for me of this site. Christ if even Huck is a racist I'm screwed in this neighborhood.
    I'm racist? What kind of knee jerk, neo-liberal hate monger are you?

Fact. The Police officer was called to a suspected break in, and when questioning Henry Louis Gates at the scene, Mr Gates became abusive to the officer. At one point the Police officer asked him come with him, and Dr Gates replied "Come with yo Momma".....From a Freakin Professor of African American studies?? The Professor was arrested for disorderly conduct, for abusing the police officer, after refusing to provide identification. They Taser white guys for that at roadside checkpoints, but obviously that's not worth commenting on in front of the world media by the President.

This is the second time in a week i have heard Obama use the Race card. I heard a New York Journalist, who suggested that the female health spokesman might think about losing weight (because it's kind of hypocritical for a fat person to be Health spokesperson),was racially motivated.
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    25 Jul '09 07:42 / 1 edit
    The Professor was arrested for disorderly conduct, for abusing the police officer, after refusing to provide identification.
    ...inside his own house, having established who he was - he provided the officers with his university ID card and driver's licenceand - after which he was handcuffed (because he was angry) - and having established that he was in his own house, having been denounced by his next door neighbour who presumably thinks they all look the same and so didn't recognize him.
  8. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    25 Jul '09 07:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    ...inside his own house, having established who he was and that he was in his own house, having been denounced by his next door neighbour who presumably thinks they all look the same and so didn't recognize him.
    Denounced? Are you even reading what you type?

A passer by sees two people trying to force their way into a house in an area that has suffered breakins in the past, and then discharges he civic duty, by informing Law enforcement officers.

You then go on to Putting in italics you're own conjecture as if it's fact..."who presumably thinksthey all look the same".

Laughable really.

Inside or outside the house, it is normal for a citizen to comply with law enforcement, right?
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    25 Jul '09 08:07
    Denounced? Are you even reading what you type?

A passer by ...
    It was his next door neighbour.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    25 Jul '09 08:09
    Inside or outside the house, it is normal for a citizen to comply with law enforcement, right?
    The policemen didn't want to arrest him inside what they knew was his own house, so they forced him outside and then arrested him - not for breaking and entering - but for being uppity.
  11. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    25 Jul '09 08:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    The policemen didn't want to arrest him inside what they knew was his own house, so they forced him outside and then arrested him - not for breaking and entering - but for being uppity.
    He was abusive to the officer, and deserved what he got for that. The question is, if he was white would Obama make a statement about the arresting officer in front of the world media, and call the arresting officer stupid, and question the motivation of the arrest in a racial context? I put it to you that he would not.
  12. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    25 Jul '09 08:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    It was his next door neighbour.
    Are you suggesting that His neighbour should've ascertained the identity of two people trying to force their way into the house next door before informing Law enforcement? Your suggestion is that the neighbour actions were racially motivated also....If that were so, why would she alert the break in in the first place? It was a black guy's house after all.
  13. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    25 Jul '09 08:31
    The question is, if he was white would Obama make a statement about the arresting officer in front of the world media, and call the arresting officer stupid, and question the motivation of the arrest in a racial context? I put it to you that he would not.
    Don't be such a silly billy. The U.S.A. has a 300 year history of atrocious behaviour towards blacks and a disgraceful track record of discrimination, still going strong today. If your first ever black president can't say something about that, then your country is in a very sorry state of denial. And you personally, also.
  14. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    25 Jul '09 08:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't be such a silly billy. The U.S.A. has a 300 year history of atrocious behaviour towards blacks and a disgraceful track record of discrimination, still going strong today. If your first ever black president can't say something about that, then your country is in a very sorry state of denial. And you personally, also.
    I put it to you, that Obama's attack on the arresting officer was no more a comment on 300 years of slavery, than Badmoons racist attack on me. Calling a police officer racist becaus he wont let one of your buddies abuse him, is quite frankly an abuse of the position he was gifted with by the people of America.
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    25 Jul '09 08:45
    I put it to you...
    Put your self-righteous bigotry in your ear, don't put it to me.

As soon as the police realized they'd dropped a massive clanger they should have apologized profusely and got out of the man's house.

Obama got it right. And probably got it right to tone it down, on reflection, too. His ability to admit that he has reconsidered does Obama credit. Beats Never Being Wrong politics. Sgt James Crowley's refusal to apologize for his disgraceful piece of policework does him no credit. And you and all your small minded confederates here at RHP dive headlong into this kind of thing, as ever, determined to wear your crass misanthropy and lack of proportion or fairminded judgement squarely on your shabby sleeves.