Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    07 Nov '13 15:59
    Can we trust him, he has been around awhile we should know him enough
    by now?
    Kelly
  2. 07 Nov '13 16:00
    Trustworthy people fail in politics.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Nov '13 16:03
    We can't trust any politician. All we can hope is that one politician is less untrustworthy than another.
  4. 07 Nov '13 16:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    by now?
    Kelly
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Except for those you love, don't count on trust. Count on predictability, and work to have it.
  5. 07 Nov '13 16:37
    Interesting that the liberals are not able to actually say that Obama himself isn't trustworthy.

They can say that politicians aren't trustworthy, and they can say that Obama is a politician, but they can't say that Obama himself is untrustworthy.

Wow.

Originally Obama said he was about change. Who does he put in positions of power?

Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry

Really? That's change? Looks like the same old Democrat establishment people to me.

Did he ever close Gitmo? Did he stop using drones to kill people?
  6. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Nov '13 16:49 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Interesting that the liberals are not able to actually say that Obama himself isn't trustworthy.

They can say that politicians aren't trustworthy, and they can say that Obama is a politician, but they can't say that Obama himself is untrustworthy.

Wow.

Originally Obama said he was about change. Who does he put in positions of power?

Joe Biden, Hi ...[text shortened]... stablishment people to me.

Did he ever close Gitmo? Did he stop using drones to kill people?
    *yawn*

And conservatives were unable to say Bush was untrustworthy...nor could they for Romney, who deliberately kept using false info about Jeep, even when it was clear it was false, complained about China and job growth even though his company outsourced jobs to China, refused to release tax records, etc, etc.
  7. 07 Nov '13 16:54
    by now?
    Kelly
    I gave him initial trust. He has failed in verification in every utterance from the hole in his face since. Short answer is no!!!!!
  8. 07 Nov '13 16:57
    Originally posted by vivify
    *yawn*

And conservatives were unable to say Bush was untrustworthy...nor could they for Romney, who deliberately kept using false info about Jeep, even when it was clear it was false, complained about China and job growth even though his company outsourced jobs to China, refused to release tax records, etc, etc.
    Bush was a snake!!!!!! Both of them.
  9. 07 Nov '13 17:03
    *yawn*

Bush is untrustworthy.

You are an absolute liar.
  10. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Nov '13 17:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Bush is untrustworthy.

You are an absolute liar.
    Saying it after he left office isn't when the country needed conservatives to say this. That's the point.

And you left out Romney. I'm waiting.
  11. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    07 Nov '13 17:49
    by now?
    Kelly
    The short answer is "NO". President Obama is no more or less trustworthy than any other politician. I voted for him twice however because he is a bit less cold blooded regarding the working class, and less hell bent on starting another unnecessary war.
  12. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    07 Nov '13 17:56
    Saying it after the fact isn't when the country needed you to say this. That's the point.

I got out of the military because Bush lied. I held him accountable. I did not vote for him the second time. I held him accountable. (In fact, I don't think I voted for him the first time either.) Why are you not holding Obama accountable?

I want to understand your logic. You are excusing your side's bad behavior either a) because you believe that the goal is sufficiently noble to justify lying to the American public or b) because your standards of conduct are so low that you refuse to hold your side accountable for any bad behavior. I can only presume that you find lying - big lying - acceptable in your personal life.
  13. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Nov '13 18:28
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I got out of the military because Bush lied. I held him accountable. I did not vote for him the second time. I held him accountable. (In fact, I don't think I voted for him the first time either.) Why are you not holding Obama accountable?

I want to understand your logic. You are excusing your side's bad behavior either a) because you believe tha ...[text shortened]... ehavior. I can only presume that you find lying - big lying - acceptable in your personal life.
    Please show where I was "excusing" my "side's bad behavior". Thank you.
  14. 07 Nov '13 20:22
    Saying it after he left office isn't when the country needed conservatives to say this. That's the point.

I said it when he was in office. It didn't take long for me to lose any respect for Bush.

Romney? You think I supported Romney? He's a big business guy, as well as a Mormon. Why would I support Romney? I reject pretty much all northeastern Republicans.
  15. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    07 Nov '13 20:36
    Originally posted by sasquatch672

I want to understand your logic. You are excusing your side's bad behavior either a) because you believe tha ...[text shortened]... ehavior. I can only presume that you find lying - big lying - acceptable in your personal life.
    Your post:

*yawn*

This is as clear as an apologist can be when they try to excuse their side's bad behavior. Why are you talking about Romney? I was confused about the Jeep message, I admit that. But Romney isn't the President. Obama is, and he is a liar.