Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 06 Feb '18 13:32
    I hearken back to when Obama was elected. He was behind in the polls until the Stock Market began to melt down, then he regained his lead in the polls and won the election.

With the Stock Market in free fall with Trump in office, are we witnessing the same thing? Are we to expect a Stock Market crash every time a Republican is put into the Oval Office?
  2. 06 Feb '18 13:44
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I hearken back to when Obama was elected. He was behind in the polls until the Stock Market began to melt down, then he regained his lead in the polls and won the election.

With the Stock Market in free fall with Trump in office, are we witnessing the same thing? Are we to expect a Stock Market crash every time a Republican is put into the Oval Office?
    (1) The market hasn't exactly crashed it is up for 2018.
    (2) The Republican are going to lose big in upcoming elections because people really do not like Trump.
  3. 06 Feb '18 13:56
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    (1) The market hasn't exactly crashed it is up for 2018.
    (2) The Republican are going to lose big in upcoming elections because people really do not like Trump.
    There is still a lot of time here, but it's something I've always wondered about since the last crash.
  4. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    06 Feb '18 15:03
    There is still a lot of time here, but it's something I've always wondered about since the last crash.
    Then you truly are crazy.
    How much money would it take to manipulate the stock market?
  5. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    06 Feb '18 15:47

You mean with a one-year delay?
  6. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    06 Feb '18 15:54 / 1 edit
    is-the-stock-market-part-of-the-deep-state

You mean, as part of a figment of your imagination?
  7. 06 Feb '18 16:03 / 1 edit
    To me, this looks like the world economy is teetering on the edge. It's reminiscent of the panic of late 2007. Despite a strong cyclical upturn, it appears as if maybe stocks have overheated. Too early to call though.
  8. 06 Feb '18 16:19

Is this the equestrian excrement that is being spoon-fed to you now? When the market is up, it's because of the Trump administration's brilliant policies - when it's down, it's a conspiracy?

Get some help.
  9. 06 Feb '18 16:44

Is the level of black unemployment part of the deep state?

Like, when a liberal is president it's, like, black unemployment is, like, super high and then when, like, Trump is president it's, like, super low suddenly.

I feel, like, it's all a yuge conspiralicy.
  10. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    06 Feb '18 17:02

That's right Whodey, anything from a hiccup in the stock market to a flaw in Trump's underwear is a conspiracy by the "deep state" to undermine your little golden boy.
  11. 06 Feb '18 18:27
    Commodity markets have been proven to be controlled and manipulated.....no reason to think they don't have same capability to cause chaos on demand with stocks
  12. 06 Feb '18 18:31
    Originally posted by @sh76
    You mean with a one-year delay?
    Who knows?

With a $20 trillion plus debt and the economy not collapsing around it, one has to ask the question, how is all this propped up?

I've asked the question here before, how much debt is too much debt, and never get an answer. It's almost as if no one knows and no one cares, but we need to keep spending more to keep people from dying in the streets. To me it's all voodoo economics. I don't understand it but I'm sure someone here probably pretends to understand it and they are just OK with massive debt like the US has and will continue to incur.
  13. 06 Feb '18 18:52

Ask Greenspan, Bernacke, Yellen, or that new guy. Pretty weird. Yellen retires, new guy in charge. Stocks dive. Look up the crooked FED
  14. 06 Feb '18 19:33
    Who knows?

With a $20 trillion plus debt and the economy not collapsing around it, one has to ask the question, how is all this propped up?

I've asked the question here before, how much debt is too much debt, and never get an answer. It's almost as if no one knows and no one cares, but we need to keep spending more to keep people from dying in the str ...[text shortened]... understand it and they are just OK with massive debt like the US has and will continue to incur.
    Your question has been answered many times. Just because you lack the will and/or capacity to comprehend the answer does not mean there is a grand conspiracy at play.
  15. 06 Feb '18 19:35
    Commodity markets have been proven to be controlled and manipulated.....no reason to think they don't have same capability to cause chaos on demand with stocks
    No reason to disbelieve does not equal a reason to believe.