Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 29 Oct '10 06:58
    http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=11974168

Who will call on Paul to disavow this rascal and his money? (Or state plainly that the Tea Party is in favor of sexually abusing seniors?)
  2. 29 Oct '10 07:24
    Is the topic title a totally ridiculous generalization?
  3. 29 Oct '10 10:36
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How else are they going to attack the Tea Party? All they have are personal attackes. Either they are witches, or perverts or stupid. What is the alternative? The alternative is to talk about the issues which are out of control spending and debt. So you think they are going to bother with that?
  4. 29 Oct '10 10:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    How else are they going to attack the Tea Party? All they have are personal attackes. Either they are witches, or perverts or stupid. What is the alternative? The alternative is to talk about the issues which are out of control spending and debt. So you think they are going to bother with that?
    You have a good point there, none of the Tea Party candidates seem to have any concrete ideas, so it's hard to attack those.
  5. 29 Oct '10 11:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Whodey, their fear of the American peoples voice is so transparent its boarder line comical.
  6. 29 Oct '10 14:27
    Like "Democrats are eating their own" or "Do we still have free Speech in America?"
  7. 29 Oct '10 14:31
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Whodey, their fear of the American peoples voice is so transparent its boarder line comical.
    But I note that you failed to will answer the question. Should Paul take money from the Mexican drug cartels? Should he take it from human-traffickers? How about Russian gangsters?
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    29 Oct '10 14:49
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Like "Democrats are eating their own" or "Do we still have free Speech in America?"
    Exactly like that!
  9. 29 Oct '10 14:51
    Originally posted by sh76
    Exactly like that!
    Thanks! It is good to know when you have hit the mark!
  10. 29 Oct '10 14:56
    You have a good point there, none of the Tea Party candidates seem to have any concrete ideas, so it's hard to attack those.
    ...I don't know.."cut spending" is a pretty concrete idea. Now before you answer cut where..... Cut everywhere! Defence, education,entitlements....... we don't have the money! We are broke!
  11. 29 Oct '10 15:03
    Originally posted by highdraw
    ...I don't know.."cut spending" is a pretty concrete idea. Now before you answer cut where..... Cut everywhere! Defence, education,entitlements....... we don't have the money! We are broke!
    Stop aid to Israel!
    End tax breaks to corporations that send jobs offshore!
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    29 Oct '10 15:08
    Stop aid to Israel!
    End tax breaks to corporations that send jobs offshore!
    Great; the bucket has a drop in it.

Now fill the rest of the bucket.
  13. 29 Oct '10 15:10
    yes...we cannot afford it....we need to cut everywhere. I agree even the good stuff! We cannot continue to put this burden on your kids and grandkids. Lets teach them by doing the right thing and live within our means. Be harsh when we need to be harsh.
  14. 29 Oct '10 15:13
    Originally posted by highdraw
    yes...we cannot afford it....we need to cut everywhere. I agree even the good stuff! We cannot continue to put this burden on your kids and grandkids. Lets teach them by doing the right thing and live within our means. Be harsh when we need to be harsh.
    I'm not saying otherwise! But don't forget - cuts alone without raising taxes will not get it. We must also raise taxes! Is the Tea Party in favor of that? (If so, they have my vote!)
  15. 29 Oct '10 15:26
    I'm not saying otherwise! But don't forget - cuts alone without raising taxes will not get it. We must also raise taxes! Is the Tea Party in favor of that? (If so, they have my vote!)
    ...I think they are split on the raising taxes thing...probably more against than for it. I would pay more taxes if there were substantial spending cuts.... but I do see the side for not raising taxes....we are in an economic reccession and raising taxes has never worked to solve that.

I think the cuts should come first. Our elected officials need to start the ball rolling...get some positive economic news and then possibly institute a flat tax....or a temporary raise in taxes for a specified length of time...with that raise going intirely to paying down debt....get the whole country excited about restoring our economic standing