I think it is.
    Yes! Incisive and powerful!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:313 edits
    Originally posted by finnegan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV8tsnRFUZw

I think it is.
    Its more bull than a herd of Texan Longhorns, Trump didn't even mock Serge Kovaleski's disability.

At the Democratic National Convention speakers are repeating the claim, amplified ad nauseam by the left and establishment GOP opponents over the past year, that Donald Trump mocked the disability of New York Times reporter, Serge Kovaleski. This accusation has served as a very convenient tool to both smear Trump’s character and to avoid having to confront him on substantive political issues. But is it true? Here is the story the media is not telling you.

https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-true-story-donald-trump-did-not-mock-a-reporters-disability/

Please note I am not a Catholic, I am not a right-winger, I don't support Donald Trump. I am interested in empirical evidence.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its more bull than a herd of Texan Longhorns, Trump didn't even mock Serge Kovaleski's disability.

At the Democratic National Convention speakers are repeating the claim, amplified ad nauseam by the left and establishment GOP opponents over the past year, that Donald Trump mocked the disability of New York Times reporter, Serge Kovaleski. This acc ...[text shortened]... , I am not a right-winger, I don't support Donald Trump. I am interested in empirical evidence.
    No, you're not.

In fact, you are just like Trump, excoriating people who do not agree with you while complimenting those who share your view.

You're not in any way interested in truth.
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 23:59
    Sure, criticize Trump all you want. But the Great Winston Churchill had even better put downs toward people. I lost the site I got this from, but you can search it out if you want...

No member of his family ever saw Churchill the worse for drink, although after 40 years of writing about him I did find one military staffer who helped Churchill and Eden on a wobbly walk back to the British Embassy in Teheran, after a late-night of mutual toasts with the Russians. Churchill himself liked to exaggerate his alcoholic capacity, giving rise to nonsensical myths.

The notion of him stumbling home drunk and wet, which I notice carries no attribution, is the invention of a fevered mind. It is a bowdlerization of an encounter between Churchill and a fellow Member of Parliament, related to me by the late Ronald Golding, the bodyguard present on that occasion:

Bessie Braddock MP: "Winston, you are drunk, and what's more you are disgustingly drunk."

WSC: "Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow
    I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly."

Meryl Streep will still be ugly in the morning too.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:04

At the Democratic National Convention speakers are repeating the claim, amplified ad nauseam by the left and establishment GOP opponents over the past year, that Donald Trump mocked the disability of New York Times reporter, Serge Kovaleski. This acc ...[text shortened]... , I am not a right-winger, I don't support Donald Trump. I am interested in empirical evidence.
    Thanks for the heads up Robbie, another Trump mocking the gimp rant, they're still repeating that one? Saves me clicking the link.

I'm neither a Trump supporter or right wing too.

Message to butt hurt left whingers, it didn't happen.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:07

Here's some "empirical evidence" that the article you cite ignores:

Trump's claims to non-memory were widely considered to be disingenuous, as Kovaleski had covered Trump extensively while working for the Daily News from 1987 to 1993 and had interviewed and talked to the business magnate numerous times during that period:

Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years. I’ve interviewed him in his office. I’ve talked to him at press conferences. All in all, I would say around a dozen times, I’ve interacted with him as a reporter while I was at The Daily News.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/28/donald-trump-criticized-for-mocking-disabled-reporter/

That Trump habitually mocks people by acting like what he thinks a disabled person does hardly means he didn't specifically mock this disabled person. The video is pretty damning.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:142 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Here's some "empirical evidence" that the article you cite ignores:

Trump's claims to non-memory were widely considered to be disingenuous, as Kovaleski had covered Trump extensively while working for the Daily News from 1987 to 1993 and had interviewed and talked to the business magnate numerous times during that period:

Donald and I were on a fir ...[text shortened]... does hardly means he didn't specifically mock this disabled person. The video is pretty damning.
    Trump mocks people by waving his arms to look flustered. There is NO evidence that he is mocking disabled people. You simply made it up. Infact many of the people he mocks in that way are not disabled making a mockery of your claims. The video is not damning at all when you put it in context with all the other video evidence of him mocking non disabled people in exactly the same way.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:171 edit
    Trump mocks people by waving his arms to look flustered. There is NO evidence that he is mocking disabled people. You simply made it up.
    BS. Watch the video: "You should see this guy".

Another claim of "no evidence" from you when what you mean to say is "I don't like the evidence and will refuse to give it any weight because it conflicts with my preexisting beliefs".

I've seen people acting that way mocking "retards" since I was a kid. Trump isn't fooling anyone but those who want to be fooled.
  10. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:17
    The True Story: Donald Trump Did Not Mock a Reporter’s Disability

https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-true-story-donald-trump-did-not-mock-a-reporters-disability/
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:21
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The True Story: Donald Trump Did Not Mock a Reporter’s Disability

What are you a parrot? RC already cited this biased article which leaves out significant relevant facts as already explained.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:21
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    BS. Watch the video: "You should see [b]this guy".

Another claim of "no evidence" from you when what you mean to say is "I don't like the evidence and will refuse to give it any weight because it conflicts with my preexisting beliefs".[/b]
    I did with all the other videos of him doing exactly the same thing when mocking Ted Cruz, or a flustered banker or a general. Do you really purpose to take his behaviour out of context to frame your anti Trump narrative? How are you going to explain all the other times he uses exactly the same mannerism?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, you're not.

In fact, you are just like Trump, excoriating people who do not agree with you while complimenting those who share your view.

You're not in any way interested in truth.
    But I haven't complimented anyone snowflake.
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:27
    Trump mocks people by waving his arms to look flustered. There is NO evidence that he is mocking disabled people. You simply made it up. Infact many of the people he mocks in that way are not disabled making a mockery of your claims. The video is not damning at all when you put it in context with all the other video evidence of him mocking non disabled people in exactly the same way.
    This article is nice "empirical evidence": https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/01/ann-coulter-says-she-can-prove-donald-trump-never-mocked-a-reporters-disability-she-cant/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.c0c974cc95ed

"Coulter wrote in her book, released last week, that Trump was not making fun of Kovaleski's specific symptoms — he has arthrogryposis, which visibly limits flexibility in his arms — but rather "was doing a standard retard, waving his arms and sounding stupid."

As the article shows in the videos, the latter defense that he does this concerning non-disabled people too isn't so; as it shows him mocking the reporter in a far different way then he mocks a general at the same event though in both cases he does some hand waving.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 00:283 edits
    So in your mind, even though while Trump is saying the following in an extremely mocking tone, "‘Ah, I don’t know what I said, I don’t remember, I don’t remember, maybe that’s what I said.’"; Trump's simultaneous arm flailing was not meant to be mocking. This despite the fact that Trump leads into it with the words, "“Now, the poor guy, you ought to see this guy".

Even you can't be that clueless.