Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 21:001 edit
    http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/john-lewis-trump-won-t-be-legitimate-president-n706676

Congressman John Lewis does not think so.

So who agrees?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 21:47
    "So who agrees?"

Conservatives: "I don't"
    Liberals: "I do"

End thread.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 22:502 edits
    http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/where-was-donald-trump-born-he-even-lies-about

"Where Was Donald Trump Born? He Even Lies About That:
    Peter Dreier has learned the exact location of Trump's birth: third base."
    --Peter Dreier (20 September 2016)

"Only someone who questions his own intelligence would feel compelled to make these public statements.

Trump surely knows he didn't get into Wharton on his own merits. He transferred into
    Wharton's undergraduate program after spending two years at Fordham University in
    New York. But Trump's grades at Fordham were not good enough to transfer to the
    University of Pennsylvania, home of the Wharton School. In her 2001 biography, The
    Trumps, Gwenda Blair wrote that Trump got into Wharton as a special favor from a
    "friendly" admissions officer who knew Trump's older brother, Freddy.

Moreover, a 2011 article in Salon reported that Trump has exaggerated his academic
    accomplishments at Wharton. According to Salon, on at least two occasions—in a 1973
    profile and in a 1976 article—the New York Times reported that Trump "graduated first
    in his class" at Wharton in 1968.

That is a lie. Trump didn't even make the honor roll while at Wharton. It is likely that
    Trump was the original source for that falsehood, but it isn't entirely clear, since neither
    Times story attributes it to Trump. But the lie that Trump was first in his class was
    repeated in many other articles as well as books about Trump, so he clearly knew it was
    out there in the public domain and didn't bother to correct it."

"Other investigations have shown that Trump's business career is filled with multiple
    bankruptcies, bogus businesses (like Trump University), repeated rip-offs of suppliers,
    contractors and employees who he failed to pay for services rendered, and misuse of
    the Trump Foundation to feather his own nest while trying to look like a philanthropist.
    Trump has also lied about the size of his wealth, as various business publications have
    pointed out. Many observers suggest that one reason Trump has refused to release his
    tax returns is that they will show that he has repeatedly exaggerated his wealth and, thus, his success.

Like Obama's Hawaiian birth certificate, the Washington Post's investigation provides
    the documentation needed to confirm Trump's birthplace on third base. But even
    though he was born on third base, he has had to lie, cheat, and break the law in order
    to get to home plate."

But, like most of his supporters, Donald Trump can feel very proud of being white.
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 00:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/john-lewis-trump-won-t-be-legitimate-president-n706676

So who agrees?
    Does he have a real birth certificate? Does anyone from school remember him?
    He claims to be Christian, can it be proven? Who was his Pastor?
    Are his kids really his or adopted? Do they have birth certificates?
    If push came to shove would he side with America and Christians?

All of this has to be considered.😵
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 00:17

So who agrees?
    Trump attacks civil rights leader who questioned his election win

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-blasts-black-congressman-said-not-legitimate-president-181524960.html

I noticed this quote...If Trump is looking to fix a bridge to black voters, their expectation is he "will do so in a way that shows respect for our leadership," Steele said.

My observation is why? I think their leadership has failed them time and time again. I would say what Trump said...
    During the campaign, Trump said Democrats had failed African-Americans and Hispanics. "What the hell do you have to lose? Give me a chance," he said at a rally last year in Ohio.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 00:43

So who agrees?
    Is Trump a legitimate businessman?
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 01:43
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/where-was-donald-trump-born-he-even-lies-about

"Only someone who questions his own intelligence would feel compelled to make these public statemen ...[text shortened]... me plate."

But, like most of his supporters, Donald Trump can feel very proud of being white.
    Trump was born in a place called Kenya, which (if I'm not mistaken) is a tiny parcel of land on one of the Hawaiian islands.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 01:46
    Originally posted by vivify
    "So who agrees?"

End thread.
    I don't agree.

I think most liberals don't like that Trump is President, but would characterize him as a legitimate President.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 01:47
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Is Trump a legitimate businessman?
    He works for Pinky and the Brain, so yeah...
    He's a businessman.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 02:28
    Originally posted by sh76
    I don't agree.

I think most liberals don't like that Trump is President, but would characterize him as a legitimate President.
    I have yet to meet one on these boards that think he is legit.
  11. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 02:433 edits
    Originally posted by Duchess64

"Only someone who questions his own intelligence would feel compelled to make these public statemen ...[text shortened]... me plate."

The question being asked here Duchess is: Is Trump a legitimate President? While your post seems to be factually correct concerning his education and business dealings, you seem so blinded and angry by the fact that Trump is a white male, you've forgotten the question being asked. Perhaps you would do well to look in the mirror before accusing myself and others here of being racist and sexist. 😲
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 05:57
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Trump attacks civil rights leader who questioned his election win

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-blasts-black-congressman-said-not-legitimate-president-181524960.html

I noticed this quote...[b]If Trump is looking to fix a bridge to black voters, their expectation is he "will do so in a way that shows respect for our leadership," Steele said.
    ...[text shortened]... "What the hell do you have to lose? Give me a chance," he said at a rally last year in Ohio.[/b][/b]
    You know, my only wish for 2017 is this: Republicans should all wake up one day and realize that just because they say some stuff, it's not necessarily true.

Better yet, America needs to wake up and realize this.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 05:58
    I have yet to meet one on these boards that think he is legit.
    And your point is.....?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 06:47
    Originally posted by vivify
    "So who agrees?"

End thread.
    You are wrong. I would be labelled a 'libtard' by most conservatives here and I do think Trump is a legitimate president. He was elected into office by the system they have in the US with all its flaws on full display, but he was elected in. Democracy sucks. A good democracy is one in which that election has minimal effect going forward as actual power is more diverse than one man. What really needs to be asked is whether members of congress will make good leaders. Probably not, but they are still legitimate. Democracy sucks, especially a democracy driven primarily by money and secondarily by stupidity.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 06:51
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Does he have a real birth certificate? Does anyone from school remember him?
    He claims to be Christian, can it be proven? Who was his Pastor?
    Are his kids really his or adopted? Do they have birth certificates?
    If push came to shove would he side with America and Christians?

All of this has to be considered.😵
    You are still trying to push those malicious lies even after you were made a fool the last time? You are one really hateful person.