Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Aug '18 16:51
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/muslim-couple-denied-swiss-citizenship-handshake-refusal-161406263.html

    So this Islamic couple was trying to obtain citizenship in Switzerland, something very difficult to do, but were denied because they refused to shake the hand of the opposite sex.

    Now what if they happened in the US?
  2. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56242
    19 Aug '18 17:36
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/muslim-couple-denied-swiss-citizenship-handshake-refusal-161406263.html

    So this Islamic couple was trying to obtain citizenship in Switzerland, something very difficult to do, but were denied because they refused to shake the hand of the opposite sex.

    Now what if they happened in the US?
    What if “they” happened?

    What sort of a question is that? Probably would depend on the sort of happening... I presume.

    As for Switzerland... the sooner we boot that extended provence of greater Germany out of the EU, the better.
    Sell the bastards to the Russians or something.

    So long as the motorways become free to drive on and the Lidl doesn’t charge 3x the price of anywhere else, they can have the blasted country for free.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    527646
    19 Aug '18 17:43
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    What if “they” happened?

    What sort of a question is that? Probably would depend on the sort of happening... I presume.

    As for Switzerland... the sooner we boot that extended provence of greater Germany out of the EU, the better.
    Sell the bastards to the Russians or something.

    So long as the motorways become free to drive on and the Lidl doesn’t charge 3x the price of anywhere else, they can have the blasted country for free.
    you know that the CH does not belong to the EU?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    19 Aug '18 19:01
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    As for Switzerland... the sooner we boot that extended provence of greater Germany out of the EU, the better.
    Sell the bastards to the Russians or something.

    So long as the motorways become free to drive on and the Lidl doesn’t charge 3x the price of anywhere else, they can have the blasted country for free.


    Originally posted by @ponderable
    you know that the CH does not belong to the EU?
    Well, why not get rid of the turks as well while we're at it. Russia would certainly take them.

    The brits took care of their little problem themselves. They're out by next year.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Aug '18 19:09
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    What if “they” happened?

    What sort of a question is that? Probably would depend on the sort of happening... I presume.

    As for Switzerland... the sooner we boot that extended provence of greater Germany out of the EU, the better.
    Sell the bastards to the Russians or something.

    So long as the motorways become free to drive on and the Lidl doesn’t charge 3x the price of anywhere else, they can have the blasted country for free.
    Er......um.......they have all Europe's money

    Wakey, wakey.
  6. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    19 Aug '18 19:14
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/muslim-couple-denied-swiss-citizenship-handshake-refusal-161406263.html

    So this Islamic couple was trying to obtain citizenship in Switzerland, something very difficult to do, but were denied because they refused to shake the hand of the opposite sex.

    Now what if they happened in the US?
    In Switzerland, obtaining citizenship requires approval of the community you live in, which can be pretty arbitrary. Recently someone was denied citizenship because she was deemed to be "annoying."
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Aug '18 19:263 edits
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    In Switzerland, obtaining citizenship requires approval of the community you live in, which can be pretty arbitrary. Recently someone was denied citizenship because she was deemed to be "annoying."
    in the US, if people are denied for any reason the Left goes nuts.

    Can you imagine telling a Mexican that they were too annoying and be sent back?

    They would be hounded as a racist.

    To be fair, though, the Left looks at Hispanics as the next block racial DNC vote, since about 99% of blacks seem to vote "D" and always will it seems. So I guess it is understandable that they want as many brown and black people as possible.

    Now whether this will happen remains to be seen.
  8. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    19 Aug '18 19:36
    Originally posted by @whodey
    in the US, if people are denied for any reason the Left goes nuts.

    Can you imagine telling a Mexican that they were too annoying and be sent back?

    They would be hounded as a racist.

    To be fair, though, the Left looks at Hispanics as the next block racial DNC vote, since about 99% of blacks seem to vote "D" and always will it seems. So I guess it is ...[text shortened]... as many brown and black people as possible.

    Now whether this will happen remains to be seen.
    The couple in question isn't being "sent" anywhere. They remain Swiss residents, they are just not (yet) Swiss nationals.

    The white nationalist party in the Swiss national parliament is the largest party, although the consensus-driven nature of Swiss politics means they wield less influence than white nationalists do in for instance the U.S.
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56242
    19 Aug '18 20:04
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    you know that the CH does not belong to the EU?
    Haha.
    Yes. You are correct.

    So, let’s bring them in and then boot them back out again.

    What I actually meant was: they are right-wing racist shags and should be sold into Gulag work camps.

    But yeah. Stating they were part of the EU sort of took the wind out of my cynisism...
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138524
    19 Aug '18 20:30
    Originally posted by @whodey
    in the US, if people are denied for any reason the Left goes nuts.

    Can you imagine telling a Mexican that they were too annoying and be sent back?

    They would be hounded as a racist.

    To be fair, though, the Left looks at Hispanics as the next block racial DNC vote, since about 99% of blacks seem to vote "D" and always will it seems. So I guess it is ...[text shortened]... as many brown and black people as possible.

    Now whether this will happen remains to be seen.
    You're annoying !!
    But it's too late to tell your parents to use birth control. 😀
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    20 Aug '18 03:31
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/muslim-couple-denied-swiss-citizenship-handshake-refusal-161406263.html

    So this Islamic couple was trying to obtain citizenship in Switzerland, something very difficult to do, but were denied because they refused to shake the hand of the opposite sex.

    Now what if they happened in the US?
    Do you mean what if the US had same citizenship requirements as Switzerland?
    Then nothing would happen.

    This is not racism or islamaphobia.
    It is their law.
    It is ensuring citizens respect each other regardless of gender.
    But you wouldn't be interested in that would you?
Back to Top