Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:08
    @divegeester said
    Do you ever listen to any of the other broadcasters on LBC or just the ones who reinforce your opinion?
    that implies that what james o'brien does is offering subjective opinions that are a matter of interpretation and i am sure you have examples of something he said that is better explained by other broadcasters.
    and i am sure you will be sharing those specific examples.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:09
    @divegeester said
    Yes, he's a remainer and voted remain and I'm vicariously assuring him that for him he should have voted remain. For me the best thing is to vote leave.

The big corporations who pay no UK tax incidentally and want to remain because it's "better for the country" will ensure my lettuces and potatoes are on their shelves don't worry 😉
    "For me the best thing is to vote leave. "
    then i will take a page from james o'brien's book and ask why.
  3. Stargazing
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:10
    @zahlanzi said
    that implies that what james o'brien does is offering subjective opinions that are a matter of interpretation and i am sure you have examples of something he said that is better explained by other broadcasters.
    and i am sure you will be sharing those specific examples.
    I'll take that as a "no" then.
  4. Stargazing
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:12
    @zahlanzi said
    "For me the best thing is to vote leave. "
    then i will take a page from james o'brien's book and ask why.
    If you listened to other broadcasters on LBC other than the self-styled people's remain poet James O'Brien you would already have a balanced view of why the majority of the voting electorate want to leave.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:16
    @divegeester said
    I'll take that as a "no" then.
    should i take it as no, you don't have examples where james o'brien offered an interpretation of something that some other broadcaster interpreted differently?

if i read a book about evolution, you can't ask me if i have read the bible as well or i am just reading things that reinforce my preconceived opinion without proving that that book on evolution is subjective and the bible can offer a better opinion on evolution.

so far, since i recently discovered James O'Brien, he had only tried to let callers state their points and stop them whenever they said something factually incorrect. So please tell me of an instance where he, james O'Brien, said something factually incorrect or open to interpretation.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:18
    @divegeester said
    If you listened to other broadcasters on LBC other than the self-styled people's remain poet James O'Brien you would already have a balanced view of why the majority of the voting electorate want to leave.
    That's not answering my question.
    You said YOU voted leave, i asked why YOU voted leave, not what other, non-remain people's poets broadcasters, said the reason to vote leave was.
  7. Stargazing
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:22
    @zahlanzi said
    should i take it as no, you don't have examples where james o'brien offered an interpretation of something that some other broadcaster interpreted differently?
    Should I take it as a no that you don't listen to the other broadcasters on LBC and instead surround yourself with those who. like O'Brien, tell you what you want to hear?

Well him and the odd grocer I suppose.
  8. Stargazing
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:23
    @zahlanzi said
    if i read a book about evolution, you can't ask me if i have read the bible as well or i am just reading things that reinforce my preconceived opinion without proving that that book on evolution is subjective and the bible can offer a better opinion on evolution.
    If you keep this up I'm going have to put you down as being a bit thick.
  9. Stargazing
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:25
    @zahlanzi said
    so far, since i recently discovered James O'Brien, he had only tried to let callers state their points and stop them whenever they said something factually incorrect. So please tell me of an instance where he, james O'Brien, said something factually incorrect or open to interpretation.
    You should listen to him more often and note the type of callers who get through; they are filtered and selected, you know this right? Make a note of it.
    Then listen to several hours of Ian Dale. Compare and contrast.
  10. Stargazing
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:26
    @zahlanzi said
    That's not answering my question.
    You said YOU voted leave, i asked why YOU voted leave, not what other, non-remain people's poets broadcasters, said the reason to vote leave was.
    No, I'm not going to tell you.
    My reasons for voting leave are personal and private and I never post them here.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 13:59
    @divegeester said
    No, I'm not going to tell you.
    My reasons for voting leave are personal and private and I never post them here.
    fair enough.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 14:09
    @divegeester said
    You should listen to him more often and note the type of callers who get through; they are filtered and selected, you know this right? Make a note of it.
    Then listen to several hours of Ian Dale. Compare and contrast.
    "You should listen to him more often"
    I have. Some of his callers are intelligent and argue their positions. Others don't and he calls them on it. If any screening is done, it is done on the question they intend to pose or the general idea.

"Then listen to several hours of Ian Dale."
    I could, maybe i will in the future but right now i have no reason to. You have not given me any reason to. You have given me no particular instance where Ian argued some brilliant idea, or even made a joke or do an impersonation. I have no idea who he is other than you recommending him and right now, you don't have much credit with me. You have refused to argue why you voted leave and you have refused to argue why you think James O'Brien is wrong and on what he is wrong.

Also, i don't need to find a different version of facts if i have no reason to suspect my facts are incorrect. Give me a reason and i will evaluate additional information presented to me.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 14:10
    @divegeester said
    Should I take it as a no that you don't listen to the other broadcasters on LBC and instead surround yourself with those who. like O'Brien, tell you what you want to hear?

Well him and the odd grocer I suppose.
    you said that already. At some point you should present some new information.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 14:11
    @divegeester said
    If you keep this up I'm going have to put you down as being a bit thick.
    I hear a lot of absence of actual debating around your posts.
  15. Stargazing
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 15:12
    @zahlanzi said
    fair enough.
    I was being obtuse only because my reasons are well published here 🙂