Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    27 Oct '17 14:24
    So the conspiracy was to conceal

a) FBI incompetence
    b) CIA involvement in plots to assassinate leaders around the world.
    c) Russian fears that some idiot in the US would seize the assassination of JFK as a pretext to fire off some missiles - they had not much respect for the leadership.
  2. Standard member mchill
    Green Lantern
    28 Oct '17 00:02
    Originally posted by @finnegan

a) FBI incompetence
    c) Russian fears that some idiot in the US would seize the assassination of JFK as a pretext to fire off some missiles - they had not much respect for the leadership.
    This was over a half century ago. Maybe it's time to move on.
  3. 28 Oct '17 11:28

a) FBI incompetence
    Yes, spectacularly unspectacular.
  4. Standard member Velns
    Latvian Trickster
    28 Oct '17 11:53 / 3 edits

a) FBI incompetence
    I’ve never believed all the crazy conspiracies about secret power groups gathering like witches to plot a Julias Caesar type of execution. However it is pretty obvious that Kennedy took a head shot from the front and therefore there must have been a second gunman.

If you look at an ariel shot of the plaza and then at the two shooting vantage spots it is clear that Oswald didn’t know what he was doing. Top floor of a building when first floor would have been better, but still nowhere near as perfect as the hill top face-on shot from about quarter of the distance and with superb escape route options.

I think the murder was somewhat opportunistic and Oswald was set up, probably by some of the Cuban/Mexicans he was mixing with. Maybe the security agencies had an idea and were negligent in following up.
  5. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    28 Oct '17 15:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @velns
    I’ve never believed all the crazy conspiracies about secret power groups gathering like witches to plot a Julias Caesar type of execution. However it is pretty obvious that Kennedy took a head shot from the front and therefore there must have been a second gunman.

If you look at an ariel shot of the plaza and then at the two shooting vantage spots it is c ...[text shortened]... he was mixing with. Maybe the security agencies had an idea and were negligent in following up.
    "I’ve never believed all the crazy conspiracies".....

Right. Just some of them.
  6. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    28 Oct '17 15:57
    Originally posted by @mchill
    This was over a half century ago. Maybe it's time to move on.
    Why? What has changed from that list?
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    9th Grade...
    28 Oct '17 16:18

If you look at an ariel shot of the plaza and then at the two shooting vantage spots it is c ...[text shortened]... he was mixing with. Maybe the security agencies had an idea and were negligent in following up.
    He died because the Voodoo overlord of Haiti cast a curse at him.
  8. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    28 Oct '17 16:56
    Someone shot JFK??
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    28 Oct '17 17:22

a) FBI incompetence
    The "conspiracy" worked rather poorly regarding 2, since these were extensively revealed in the Church Committee hearings in the 1970s.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    28 Oct '17 17:25 / 1 edit

Maybe walking around outside with a rifle might have been considered a bit suspicious.

I have seen the shots recreated exactly on various TV documentaries. Here's a description of one: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27705829/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/tech-puts-jfk-conspiracy-theories-rest/#.WfS-MGhSyM9
  11. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    28 Oct '17 18:41
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    The "conspiracy" worked rather poorly regarding 2, since these were extensively revealed in the Church Committee hearings in the 1970s.
    Fine but the assasination was in 1963 and the relevant papers are from that time.

There is an ironic aspect to the term 'conspiracy' here. Who said it was a competent one?
  12. Standard member Velns
    Latvian Trickster
    29 Oct '17 08:52 / 1 edit
    "I’ve never believed all the crazy conspiracies".....

Right. Just some of them.
    I’ve seen you complaining bitterly about posters hiding behind lazy rhetoric rather than addressing the points. Interesting...
  13. Standard member Velns
    Latvian Trickster
    29 Oct '17 08:54 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Maybe walking around outside with a rifle might have been considered a bit suspicious.
    Perhaps Oswald teleported his rifle into the book depository and then got it to the fourth floor unseen by hiding it in his underpants.
  14. Standard member Velns
    Latvian Trickster
    29 Oct '17 09:00
    It obvious from frames 311 through to 320 ish of the Zapruder evidence that Kennedy took a head shot from the front and therefore one can only conclude there must have been a second gunman and therefore, technically speaking, a conspiracy of some sort.
  15. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    29 Oct '17 09:02
    Bill Hicks: “I heard there were a couple of revolutionary pigeons on the ledge of the school building saying: coup, coup.”