Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Germany
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 21:55
    @averagejoe1 said
    But observe other statistics of welfare (ugh), zero military, etc. Who would iceland call first if the ruskies appeared on their horizon? Right!!!
    What does that have to do with average wages and your tenuous link with "getting ahead"?
  2. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 22:16
    @kazetnagorra said
    What does that have to do with average wages and your tenuous link with "getting ahead"?
    Oh NO!!!!!!! Not another not-answer from Kazet. The question, is there a greater country in the world than the United States of America? Maybe libs find the word 'great' to be offensive? Maybe the word great implies that there is a category of not-great, and this makes things unequal?
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 22:22
    @averagejoe1 said
    Oh NO!!!!!!! Not another not-answer from Kazet. The question, is there a greater country in the world than the United States of America? Maybe libs find the word 'great' to be offensive? Maybe the word great implies that there is a category of not-great, and this makes things unequal?
    Define great.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 23:26
    @handyandy said
    Define great.
    Mott The Hoople!
  5. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 23:57
    @averagejoe1 said
    You are wrong. Remember, some people want to be poor. So, discounting that, there are many improvements. Those are the folks that build america.
    Remember, some people want to be poor.

I would appreciate it if average joe would stop lying.
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 00:10
    @averagejoe1 said
    Better? What country is better than the United States of America? Laugh out Loud. If you were asked which country you would depend upon the most in the event of (anything), what country would you name above the USA?
    The lying jingoistic American troll Averagejoe1 waves the US flag.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2019/03/20/finland-worlds-happiest-country-2019/3221328002/

"These are the world's happiest (and least happy) countries in 2019"

"Where does the United States fall? At No. 19"
  7. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 01:47
    @duchess64 said
    The lying jingoistic American troll Averagejoe1 waves the US flag.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2019/03/20/finland-worlds-happiest-country-2019/3221328002/

"These are the world's happiest (and least happy) countries in 2019"

"Where does the United States fall? At No. 19"
    But, if you ask a guy on the street what is the greatest country in the world, what country would they say? Hard to get an answer from a lib. Denmark? Australia? New Guinea? Iceland? ? (where they have dumped Nordic).
  8. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 01:49
    @mchill said
    Remember, some people want to be poor.

I would appreciate it if average joe would stop lying.
    OK I will simplify my logic. People who are fat want to be fat. I hate it, but they could get normal weight. They dont, so they must like fat. I try to speak common sense, do not mean to offend.
  9. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 06:30
    @averagejoe1 said
    OK I will simplify my logic. People who are fat want to be fat. I hate it, but they could get normal weight. They dont, so they must like fat. I try to speak common sense, do not mean to offend.
    OK I will simplify my logic. People who are fat want to be fat.

Wrong again joe. There are genetic reasons for obesity, as well as clinical reasons, such as thyroid conditions. In addition our great American supermarket diet, which consists of food loaded with growth hormones and chemicals, contribute a great deal to weight gain. Please bother to read these links!

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed - are you??

https://obesitymedicine.org/obesity-and-genetics/

https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/medical-reasons-obesity

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4101898/
  10. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 07:37
    @averagejoe1 said
    Greatest what? Greatest at locking people up, greatest at military spending, greatest at different flavours of pop-tarts? Clearly not the greatest at any relevant indicator for the quality of life of its inhabitants.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 08:28
    @kazetnagorra said
    Greatest what? Greatest at locking people up, greatest at military spending, greatest at different flavours of pop-tarts? Clearly not the greatest at any relevant indicator for the quality of life of its inhabitants.
    You need to tell this to the thousands of folk trying to illegally cross the border. The thousands that apply to immigrate legally and the thousands of successful legal
    immigrants.
  12. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 14:49
    @mchill said
    OK I will simplify my logic. People who are fat want to be fat.

Wrong again joe. There are genetic reasons for obesity, as well as clinical reasons, such as thyroid conditions. In addition our great American supermarket diet, which consists of food loaded with growth hormones and chemicals, contribute a great deal to weight gain. Please bother to read these links!

Yo ...[text shortened]... md.com/diet/obesity/medical-reasons-obesity

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4101898/
    Mine is a general observation. Of course some have birth defects, but I speak of the general population. You have seen many a fat person at a fast food woofing down hamburgers. That is who I am talking about. 'Nuff said.
  13. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 14:51
    @wajoma said
    You need to tell this to the thousands of folk trying to illegally cross the border. The thousands that apply to immigrate legally and the thousands of successful legal
    immigrants.
    Get ready....Kazet is about to say, 'Yes, you have a point'! 😉
  14. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 15:161 edit
    @AThousandYoung

I'm late in this conversation but I get the jist.
    America sucks, etc.
    So why do millions of people every year risk their lives to get to the US if it is such an awful place to live?
  15. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jan '20 16:47
    @averagejoe1 said
    Get ready....Kazet is about to say, 'Yes, you have a point'! 😉
    I'm not, and he doesn't. A country doesn't have to have the highest quality of life in the world to attract immigrants.