Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 00:301 edit
    Another icon of American chivalry has passed.
    He wasn't just an Officer and a Gentleman: He was heroic.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 00:37
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Another icon of American chivalry has passed.
    He wasn't just an Officer and a Gentleman: He was heroic.
    dems lost another one
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 00:51
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    dems lost another one
    Right wingers are such petty a**holes.

There's not much that John McCain the politician said that I ever agreed with, but a man who served his country (No matter how wrong the war the politicians sent him to was) and had to endure torture for it deserves our respect even if he wasn't as unduly obsequious to Donald Trump as right wingers now demand.

RIP John and condolences to his family.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 01:52
    dems lost another one
    You always find a way to sink a little bit lower in the sludge.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 02:55
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Right wingers are such petty a**holes.

There's not much that John McCain the politician said that I ever agreed with, but a man who served his country (No matter how wrong the war the politicians sent him to was) and had to endure torture for it deserves our respect even if he wasn't as unduly obsequious to Donald Trump as right wingers now demand.

RIP John and condolences to his family.
    Really?

Here is a scathing review of John McCain's account regarding his military service when he was running against Obama from the Huffington Post.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-klein/mccains-secret-questionab_b_107409.html

The article paints John as a poor student who was at the bottom 1% of his class, and he became a pilot only because his daddy was an admiral. Then he was shot down, presumably because he had no business being a pilot in the first place, and was set free because his daddy was an admiral.

The article then says that John had such a low aptitude for the military life, that he would never make admiral like his daddy, so he bailed and became a Congressman instead.

My how the Left hated John and his military service back then, back when it meant winning elections.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 03:02
    Just out of curiosity, is the Huffington Post fake news?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 03:101 edit
    John McCain before brain cancer

YouTube

John McCain after brain cancer

YouTube
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 03:17
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Really?

Here is a scathing review of John McCain's account regarding his military service when he was running against Obama from the Huffington Post.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-klein/mccains-secret-questionab_b_107409.html

The article paints John as a poor student who was at the bottom 1% of his class, and he became a pilot only because ...[text shortened]... ow the Left hated John and his military service back then, back when it meant winning elections.
    How happy does his death make you right wing POS?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 03:223 edits
    How happy does his death make you right wing POS?
    I'm not going to sit here and gloat if that is what you mean, like many would do if Trump died.

In fact, I'm certain that the entire Left wing would not be happier if that happened.

But I will say, I turned against John after he turned against the whistleblowers at the Arizona VA regarding their secret death lists. They reached out to him for help and they were later fired for it.

Of all people that you would think would want to help our veterans. Guess not..

Sad.
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 03:45
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I'm not going to sit here and gloat if that is what you mean, like many would do if Trump died.

In fact, I'm certain that the entire Left wing would not be happier if that happened.

But I will say, I turned against John after he turned against the whistleblowers at the Arizona VA regarding their secret death lists. They reached out to him for help and ...[text shortened]... it.

Of all people that you would think would want to help our veterans. Guess not..

Sad.
    I guess it is just too much to expect common decency from right wingers.

Go crack a beer and celebrate.
  11. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 04:00
    dems lost another one
    I didn't always agree with John McCain, but respect for a genuine American war hero should transcend politics. It's too bad you are too small minded to comprehend this.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 04:10
    What have we come to? Is it really to much to expect that partisans not sling mud on a good and decent man after his death merely because we didn't agree with all of his political views?

I'm out of things to say; there's virtually no political issue John McCain and I agreed on, but I cannot fathom the hatred of those who feel compelled to trash him after his death, And I do not care if they are from the left or the right.
  13. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 04:25
    What have we come to? Is it really to much to expect that partisans not sling mud on a good and decent man after his death merely because we didn't agree with all of his political views?

I'm out of things to say; there's virtually no political issue John McCain and I agreed on, but I cannot fathom the hatred of those who feel compelled to trash him after his death, And I do not care if they are from the left or the right.
    Agree with you completely; but what about whodey’s point inferring that the entire global left will party if Donald Trump died?

Some say that it’s policies that cause wars, maybe, but hard partisan attitudes which are a breeding place for hate definitely do. We should beware of all extremes.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 10:116 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Agree with you completely; but what about whodey’s point inferring that the entire global left will party if Donald Trump died?

Some say that it’s policies that cause wars, maybe, but hard partisan attitudes which are a breeding place for hate definitely do. We should beware of all extremes.
    Never mind Trump, I showed how evil the Left was when McCain ran against Obama.

Nothing matters to them except power and winning elections, and marauder is too partisan and hypocritical and power hungry to admit it.

It's Ok, just let him indulge in his deluded self righteousness as he piously condemns all his political adversaries.

Everyone needs a hobby.

As for pure hate, I've never seen it as bad as when Trump won the Oval Office. People like Madonna saying they want to blow up the White House on camera? Really? Threatening the President's life is not even legal, yet they get away with it because the Left is so powerful in this country.

Left good, right bad.

Again, I'm not here to trash McCain, but that does not mean I will hide what I think about him politically either. I think marauder feels that I'm expected to though because he passed away, just one more endless method of silencing free thought that the Left comes up with. I guess it beats shouting you down at a university or removing a comment on Twitter or Youtube or Facebook, etc.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 10:23
    Originally posted by @divegeester

Except that Donald Trump is the extreme, and McCain was not.