Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 May '15 11:411 edit
    YouTube

It seems to me that the same crap liberals pulled on John Wayne they continue to do today.

Liberalism is just an old and tired movement with no real new ideas or tactics.

Why then do we call them, "Progressive"?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 May '15 00:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btvSE6tVHzQ

It seems to me that the same crap liberals pulled on John Wayne they continue to do today.

'Why then do we call them "progressive"?'

Given that it's liberals who are pushing for gay rights, had the first non-white elected as president, will very likely have the first woman elected to office. . . .compared to conservatives, who want the kids to be educated in the ways of an ancient book in schools. . . .

It should be obvious why liberals are considered the "progressive ones".
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    26 May '15 02:14
    Originally posted by vivify

Given that it's liberals who are pushing for gay rights, had the first non-white elected as president, will very likely have the first woman elected to office. . . .compared to conservatives, who want the kids to be educated in the ways of an ancient book in schools. . . .

Why is the sex or race for the president important to you. Are you sexist and racist?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '15 02:34

But Condi Rice was a sell out and Clarence Thomas was an uncle Tom?

Did I forget about Herman Caine?
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    26 May '15 02:55
    But Condi Rice was a sell out and Clarence Thomas was an uncle Tom?

Did I forget about Herman Caine?
    Don't you see whodey, those people were where they were on their merits.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    26 May '15 02:57
    Ahhh, dang it, that was the point.

Please shoot me, I'm even starting to think like one.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 May '15 08:34
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Why is the sex or race for the president important to you. Are you sexist and racist?
    Being called sexist or racist by a conservative.
    That's like being a called a pervert for watching a Game of Thrones love scene, by a dog humping a fire hydrant.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    26 May '15 08:46
    Being called sexist or racist by a conservative.
    That's like being a called a pervert for watching a Game of Thrones love scene, by a dog humping a fire hydrant.
    I didn't call you anything, it was a question.

But your response speaks volumes,

...oh yessss.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 May '15 09:09
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btvSE6tVHzQ

"Liberalism is just an old and tired movement with no real new ideas or tactics."
    as opposed to what? conservatism? the philosophy that by definition is opposed to new things?

"Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. "
    that's the definition of liberalism. do you consider liberty and equality tired? or you're just blowing hot air again?
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    26 May '15 09:131 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "Liberalism is just an old and tired movement with no real new ideas or tactics."
    as opposed to what? conservatism? the philosophy that by definition is opposed to new things?

"Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. "
    that's the definition of liberalism. do you consider liberty and equality tired? or you're just blowing hot air again?
    You're confused again.

Free people aren't equal.
    Equal people aren't free.

My diagnosis: you don't have the least grip on what liberty means. Don't use the word, you're stinking it up.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 May '15 12:19
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    You're confused again.

Free people aren't equal.
    Equal people aren't free.

My diagnosis: you don't have the least grip on what liberty means. Don't use the word, you're stinking it up.
    do you think you're impressing anyone by spouting fortune cookie nonsense while ignoring/missing the point?
  12. Germany
    Moves
    26 May '15 14:11
    do you think you're impressing anyone by spouting fortune cookie nonsense while ignoring/missing the point?
    That's how Randian "philosophy" works.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 May '15 14:58
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    That's how Randian "philosophy" works.
    At least "Randian" philosophy does work, as did classical liberalism. Today's notion of Liberalism, or Progressivism, and Conservatism are just tired reworkings of Statism. They all involve the State telling us what we ought to think and do. None of that is truly liberal or truly free.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 May '15 15:28
    Originally posted by normbenign
    At least "Randian" philosophy does work, as did classical liberalism. Today's notion of Liberalism, or Progressivism, and Conservatism are just tired reworkings of Statism. They all involve the State telling us what we ought to think and do. None of that is truly liberal or truly free.
    "At least "Randian" philosophy does work"
    where? for whom?

check out the wealth gap in america and tell me that's how it should be. no middle class to speak off, the 1% owning 40% of all the wealth. is that how a society should work? or do you claim the wealth gap is as it is because you're not randian enough? because that would be hilarious.

"Today's notion of Liberalism, or Progressivism, and Conservatism are just tired reworkings of Statism. They all involve the State telling us what we ought to think and do. None of that is truly liberal or truly free."
    we're not talking about democrats, who are basically identical to republicans. we are talking about real liberalism
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 May '15 16:16
    "At least "Randian" philosophy does work"
    where? for whom?

check out the wealth gap in america and tell me that's how it should be. no middle class to speak off, the 1% owning 40% of all the wealth. is that how a society should work? or do you claim the wealth gap is as it is because you're not randian enough? because that would be hilarious.

"Today' ...[text shortened]... bout democrats, who are basically identical to republicans. we are talking about real liberalism
    The wealth gap in America has nothing to do with Randian philosophy. Rand was a truly liberal person.

Think about what Wajoma posted!

Free isn't Equal

Equal isn't Free