Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 22:411 edit
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/msnbc-stands-joy-reid-she-191803148.html

MSNBC Stands By Joy Reid After She Apologizes For Controversial Blog Posts

Joy Reid at a town hall event in New York on March 8, 2017.

MSNBC said Friday that it is standing by host Joy Reid, who apologized for writing offensive blog posts that resurfaced this week and said she no longer holds the opinions found in them.

“Some of the things written by Joy on her old blog are obviously hateful and hurtful,” the network said Friday of comments Reid wrote on her now-defunct blog, The Reid Report, more than a decade ago. “They are not reflective of the colleague and friend we have known at MSNBC for the past seven years. Joy has apologized publicly and privately and said she has grown and evolved in the many years since, and we know this to be true.”

MSNBC’s statement comes two days after BuzzFeed reported on two controversial posts Reid wrote in 2006 and 2007. The posts feature a 9/11 conspiracy theory and a manipulated image of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) as a mass shooter. BuzzFeed resurrected them weeks after Reid claimed her blog had been hacked to feature homophobic content written under her name.

“There are things I deeply regret and am embarrassed by, things I would have said differently and issues where my position has changed,” Reid, who now hosts the weekend show “AM Joy,” said Friday in a lengthy apology, adding that she has reached out to McCain’s daughter Meghan McCain regarding the incident.

“I’ve also spoken openly about my evolution on many issues and know that I’m a better person today than I was over a decade ago,” she added.

Reid’s apology did not reference her previous hacking claims, which her attorney said at the time were being investigated by the FBI. Neither did the statement from MSNBC, which previously pushed evidence claiming to support Reid’s hacking claims
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 22:431 edit
    I'm so glad MSNLSD decided to stand behind Joy after giving Tweets that were hurtful and bigoted. After all, everyone makes mistakes and she said she was sorry.

Kudos Ms. evolving Black Progressive! 😵

But as Marauder rightly said, we should not be focused on such things.

Sorry in advance.
  3. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 22:59
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I'm so glad MSNLSD decided to stand behind Joy after giving Tweets that were hurtful and bigoted. After all, everyone makes mistakes and she said she was sorry.

Kudos Ms. evolving Black Progressive! 😵

But as Marauder rightly said, we should not be focused on such things.

Sorry in advance.
    Where have you been? That's ancient news you big dummy.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 16:29
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Where have you been? That's ancient news you big dummy.
    You spend all your time like a monk in endless prayer? Is that what your bio blurb is saying?
  5. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 16:43
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    You spend all your time like a monk in endless prayer? Is that what your bio blurb is saying?
    🙂

A bit deeper. But...you're on a good track.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 17:14
    So the fact that liberals ate hypocrites is just old news nobody cares about.

I would have to agree. The US is such a banana republic.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Jul '18 02:43
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So the fact that liberals ate hypocrites is just old news nobody cares about.

I would have to agree. The US is such a banana republic.
    Yes, it's old news. But this doesn't change the fact that you are what you eat.
  8. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jul '18 03:02
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/msnbc-stands-joy-reid-she-191803148.html

MSNBC Stands By Joy Reid After She Apologizes For Controversial Blog Posts

Joy Reid at a town hall event in New York on March 8, 2017.

MSNBC said Friday that it is standing by host Joy Reid, who apologized for writing offensive blog posts that resurfaced this week and sa ...[text shortened]... statement from MSNBC, which previously pushed evidence claiming to support Reid’s hacking claims
    lol Over a decade old? You really need to get a life loser boy. 🙄🙄 Maybe try moving on a chess game on this chess site, it's been about 5 years since you have. 🙄
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Jul '18 03:371 edit
    fascinating...

YouTube