Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 17:24
    http://thesource.com/2017/11/17/kaepernick-only-wears-black-or-women-designers-for-his-gq-shoot/

Is this racist or sexist? Should he be allowed to only give jobs to blacks or women?
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 17:31
    Originally posted by @whodey
    http://thesource.com/2017/11/17/kaepernick-only-wears-black-or-women-designers-for-his-gq-shoot/

Is this racist or sexist? Should he be allowed to only give jobs to blacks or women?
    I guess that means he can't wear an NFL uniform.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 18:242 edits
    Originally posted by @sh76
    I guess that means he can't wear an NFL uniform.
    I wanna ask him to make a white man a cake and see what happens.

Is it really legal for me to open a store and only hire white men as designers or is it just one of an endless number of examples of the hypocrisy in the US legal system?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 18:441 edit
    I wanna ask him to make a white man a cake and see what happens.

Is it really legal for me to open a store and only hire white men as designers or is it just one of an endless number of examples of the hypocrisy in the US legal system?
    That's not equivalent. Denying public service (like making a cake) based on race would be wrong, no matter what Kaepernick says.

However, requesting a black or female designer for his GQ shoot is done with the idea of making a public statement about the treatment of women and blacks. It would be different if he was saying only blacks and women should be in charge of every GQ shoot; but for this particular GQ issue, the spirit and reasoning of why he's doing can be justified. After all, the reason he's on the cover is his protesting of injustice and inequality; having a black or female designer fits perfectly with that theme.
  5. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 18:55

I think he and David Duke should get together and go bowling.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 00:52
    Originally posted by @mchill
    No, no, Kap is above David Duke cuz he is racist against the white devils.

Geesh, get a grip.
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 01:35
    Originally posted by @mchill to Whodey
    What does it say about Mchill (who has a long record as a racist troll) that he would
    apparently make a close comparison between Colin Kaepernick and David Duke (KKK)?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 02:16
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    What does it say about Mchill (who has a long record as a racist troll) that he would
    apparently make a close comparison between Colin Kaepernick and David Duke (KKK)?
    Exactly!

One hates whites and the other hates blacks. They could not be anymore different.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 03:13
    Exactly!

One hates whites and the other hates blacks. They could not be anymore different.
    Does Whodey believe that Colin Kaepernick hates his white parents who adopted him?
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 12:00

A racist believes that one race is innately superior to another.

A sexist believes that one sex is innately superior to another.

How does this amount to either?:

“He wanted to wear designers of color and/or designers who were women. He wanted to give an opportunity for designers to be featured in the magazine who wouldn’t normally be, especially for a cover shoot of this magnitude.”
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 12:12
    Originally posted by @no1marauder

“He wanted to wear designers of color and/or designers who were women. He wanted to give an opportunity for designers to be featured in the magazine who wouldn’t normally be, especially for a cover shoot of this magnitude.”
    We've pretty much given up expecting whodey to make sense.

Now we just try to contain his bile so that it only affects him.
  12. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 14:42
    Originally posted by @no1marauder

He wanted to allocate benefits based on gender or race. It's blatant sexism/ racism and its embarrassing that you would defend it.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 14:47
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    He wanted to allocate benefits based on gender or race. It's blatant sexism/ racism and its embarrassing that you would defend it.
    Are shelters for battered women "sexism"? Or should they not allocate "benefits" based on gender?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 16:02
    Marauder follows the party line. He believes in racism, only if it enhances the left politically.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 18:262 edits
    Your claims are again laughable. As in the other thread, you refuse to open your eyes to the reality of pervasive racial discrimination in this country. But nothing Kap is doing is racist or sexist under standard definitions; giving business to a group that still suffers from discrimination is not stating or implying that that group is innately superior or another inferior. I do not accept right wingers' attempts to change the definitions of words to fit their ideology.

Recently a store I go to had a promotion where a percentage of sales of a certain product were donated to a charity that helps breast cancer victims. Is that "sexist"? Women are more than 100 times more likely to develop breast cancer than men. http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/understand_bc/statistics