Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member mchill
    Green Lantern
    02 Dec '17 15:36 / 3 edits
    As Robert Mueller's investigation sheds more and more light about Russia's interference in the 2016 election, one person has been warning America about this for over 2 years. Some interesting thoughts from the Russian side of all this in the links below.

Trump Supporters: Do you still think this is all "fake news??"

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/09/garry-kasparov-russian-interference-in-us-election.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewulolKCRWM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/garry-kasparov-criticizes-trumps-moral-relativism-regarding-russia/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/21/politics/garry-kasparov-russia-donald-trump/index.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/garry-kasparov-warns-trump-against-playing-putins-dangerous-game/
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    9th Grade...
    03 Dec '17 19:23
    Kasparov has opposed Putin for a very long time but Putin is smarter than Kasparov
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    04 Dec '17 12:51
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Kasparov has opposed Putin for a very long time but Putin is smarter than Kasparov
    You mean Pukin has an IQ of 190?
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    9th Grade...
    04 Dec '17 16:18
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    It’s possible!
  5. 04 Dec '17 17:09
    God forbid he outsmart him having a lower IQ.
  6. 04 Dec '17 19:52 / 1 edit
    The gullible Sonhouse shows his poor memory.

In at least one earlier thread involving Sonhouse, I wrote that Garry Kasparov
    has an IQ of 135, as measured by a test in Russian, which was sponsored
    by a German magazine. Kasparov was extremely disappointed because
    his IQ score failed to back his grandiloquent boasts of intellectual superiority.
  7. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    04 Dec '17 20:02
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The gullible Sonhouse shows his poor memory.

In at least one earlier thread involving Sonhouse, I wrote that Garry Kasparov
    has an IQ of 135, as measured by a test in Russian, which was sponsored
    by a German magazine. Kasparov was extremely disappointed because
    his IQ score failed to back his grandiloquent boasts of intellectual superiority.
    His English professors all thought he was a superior writer.
  8. 04 Dec '17 21:23 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    His English professors all thought he was a superior writer.
    When I write facts, the obsessed abusive troll HandyAndy loves to hurl lies and insults.

Garry Kasparov has shown no evidence of exceptional intelligence outside chess.
    While he once had grand ambitions in Russian politics, he was a dismal failure in that field.
    His Western political heroes are hard right-wingers like Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher.
    He enthusiastically endorsed the US invasion of Iraq.

In the field of history, Kasparov has endorsed the absurd 'New Chronology' hypothesis
    (which would be nearly comparable to a geologist endorsing a 'young Earth' hypothesis).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Chronology_(Fomenko)

"The New Chronology is a pseudohistorical theory which argues that the conventional
    chronology of Middle Eastern and European history is fundamentally flawed, and that
    events attributed to the civilizations of the Roman Empire, Ancient Greece and Ancient
    Egypt actually occurred during the Middle Ages, more than a thousand years later."

Kasparov's IQ score of 135 would not be unusually high among PhD candidates in various fields.
    I suspect that several persons reading this post probably have higher IQ scores.
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    05 Dec '17 14:22
    When I write facts, the obsessed abusive troll HandyAndy loves to hurl lies and insults.

Garry Kasparov has shown no evidence of exceptional intelligence outside chess.
    While he once had grand ambitions in Russian politics, he was a dismal failure in that field.
    His Western political heroes are hard right-wingers like Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatc ...[text shortened]... arious fields.
    I suspect that several persons reading this post probably have higher IQ scores.
    I confess I don't remember a post about his IQ 'only' being 135. It does go to show my statement is true: not much correllation between IQ's above 125 or so and chess ability.

I believe Judit Polgar clocked in at 170 but was maybe in top ten in the world, very high for sure for anyone but it just shows an ultra IQ does not automatically make for world champion level.
  10. 05 Dec '17 21:27
    I confess I don't remember a post about his IQ 'only' being 135. It does go to show my statement is true: not much correllation between IQ's above 125 or so and chess ability.

I believe Judit Polgar clocked in at 170 but was maybe in top ten in the world, very high for sure for anyone but it just shows an ultra IQ does not automatically make for world champion level.
    "It does go to show my statement is true:"
    --Sonhouse

As usual, the disingenuous arrogant Sonhouse refuses to concede his apparent error.

"Kasparov has opposed Putin for a very long time but Putin is smarter than Kasparov."
    --AThousandYoung

"You mean Pukin has an IQ of 190?"
    --Sonhouse (to AThousandYoung)

It's VERY UNNECESSARY for Putin to have 'an IQ of 190' to have a higher IQ score than Kasparov's.
    Sonhouse implied that he assumed that Kasparov's IQ was slightly less than 190.
    Now I don't recall if Kasparov ever claimed to have an IQ of 190, though I know that Kasparov
    used to believe that his IQ must be much higher than 135. But it shows Sonhouse's typical
    gullibility that he would believe that it's plausible that Kasparov's IQ approaches 190.

If Sonhouse genuinely believed that Kasparov's IQ was around 135, then he would have written:
    "You mean Putin has an IQ of 140 [not '190']?" to a ThousandYoung.
  11. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    06 Dec '17 16:15 / 2 edits
    "It does go to show my statement is true:"
    --Sonhouse

As usual, the disingenuous arrogant Sonhouse refuses to concede his apparent error.

"Kasparov has opposed Putin for a very long time but Putin is smarter than Kasparov."
    --AThousandYoung

"You mean Pukin has an IQ of 190?"
    --Sonhouse (to AThousandYoung)

It's VERY UNNECESSARY for Putin ...[text shortened]... then he would have written:
    "You mean Putin has an IQ of 140 [not '190']?" to a ThousandYoung.
    Jebesus, you can't recognize humor when it is attempted?

I thought maybe a clue was there in the spelling of PuTins name.

Maybe you are not as adept as advertised.

So to conceed my apparent error, it seems, just saying I don't remember the piece about Kas having an IQ of 135, is not enough, I also have to grovel at your feet begging for forgiveness for my egregious behavior as a convicted ignoramus, lying, contemptuous, craven, illiterate troll.
  12. 06 Dec '17 22:23
    Jebesus, you can't recognize humor when it is attempted?

I thought maybe a clue was there in the spelling of PuTins name.

Maybe you are not as adept as advertised.

So to conceed my apparent error, it seems, just saying I don't remember the piece about Kas having an IQ of 135, is not enough, I also have to grovel at your feet begging for forgivene ...[text shortened]... r my egregious behavior as a convicted ignoramus, lying, contemptuous, craven, illiterate troll.
    "I thought maybe a clue was there in the spelling of PuTins name."
    --Sonhouse

I assumed that it's a typo. I routinely ignore typos and misspellings.
    I usually don't bother to correct Sonhouse's many typos and misspellings.

My point is that Sonhouse seemed gullible enough to fall for Kasparov's past boasts of having
    a phenomenally high IQ rather than accepting that it's a much less exceptional 135.
  13. 07 Dec '17 10:16
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Nastier. The word you're looking for is "nastier". Or possibly "more Stalinist".
  14. 07 Dec '17 10:43
    "I thought maybe a clue was there in the spelling of PuTins name."
    --Sonhouse

I assumed that it's a typo. I routinely ignore typos and misspellings.
    I usually don't bother to correct Sonhouse's many typos and misspellings.
    Duchess64 did not get a very obvious joke. How surprising

Your frequent inability to understand jokes, wordplay, innuendo and sarcasm is one of your most interesting characteristics, to be honest.
  15. 07 Dec '17 11:41
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Duchess64 did not get a very obvious joke. How surprising

Your frequent inability to understand jokes, wordplay, innuendo and sarcasm is one of your most interesting characteristics, to be honest.
    Refusal. The word you're looking for is "refusal", not "inability".