Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 18:181 edit
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/29/world/asia/north-korea-trump-nuclear.html

Kim is apparently willing to "denuclearize" as part his peace efforts with S. Korea and the U.S. The possible benefits to N.K. are lifted sanctions and government aid from Washington.

Anyone else get the feeling that this is what Kim has been plotting all along, and his nuclear tests were just a ruse to get to this point? The seemingly out-of-nowhere decision to join this past Winter Olympics and unite with South Korea seemed rather odd, didn't it? From his visit with China to inviting Trump to talk in person, I can't shake that last year's "nuclear tests" were simply a way to get the world's attention.

Think about it: Kim's now using denuclearizing as bargaining chips for diplomatic talks. The guise of peace-seeking has softened Trump's rhetoric toward DPRK. I don't think Kim was actually aiming to become a nuclear power, at least not yet. To me, this just seems like a shrewdly executed scheme to benefit N.K.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 18:24
    Originally posted by @vivify

Kim is apparently willing to "denuclearize" as part his peace efforts with S. Korea and the U.S. The possible benefits to N.K. are lifted sanctions and government aid from Washington.

Anyone else get the feeling that this is what Kim has been plotting all along, and his nuc ...[text shortened]... power, at least not yet. To me, this just seems like a shrewdly executed scheme to benefit N.K.
    If the truth be know, Kim and Trump have colluded together to make it look as though Trump accomplished peace over there.

After last election, it no longer does any good to collude with Putin cuz they are hot on his trail! 😲
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 20:023 edits

Anyone else get the feeling that this is what Kim has been plotting all along, and his nuc ...[text shortened]... power, at least not yet. To me, this just seems like a shrewdly executed scheme to benefit N.K.
    Anyone else get the feeling that this is what Kim has been plotting all along, and his nuclear tests were just a ruse to get to this point?

Of course Kim has been plotting this all along, he's not even bothering to cloak it much. He knows how stupid Trump is. All he has to do is make the Trumpster look good and Donnie will be happy to look the other way while Kim continues to starve his people in order to arm his poor country to the teeth. Meanwhile, back home, the less than intelligent nitwits who worship Trump above GOD will clutch their little bibles and give thanks that the almighty has delivered them from that terrible, awful negro, and given to them to them a REAL American President that's once again making America that great, shining city on the hill.

Pardon me while I ralph up my lunch, I haven't been this sick since the last time I saw Bedtime for Bonzo. 😵
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 20:19
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Anyone else get the feeling that this is what Kim has been plotting all along, and his nuclear tests were just a ruse to get to this point?

Of course Kim has been plotting this all along, he's not even bothering to cloak it much. He knows how stupid Trump is. All he has to do is make the Trumpster look good and Donnie will be happy to look the other w ...[text shortened]... ralph up my lunch, I haven't been this sick since the last time I saw Bedtime for Bonzo. 😵
    The real reason, found out by the Chinese, is the nuke test site where they blow them up like 400 meters below ground, has collapsed and they no longer have a place to test them. So this ploy buys them time to dig new tunnels and run more tests.

They fool nobody, except Trumpf and Mr Kardashian.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 20:312 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse to Mchill
    The real reason, found out by the Chinese, is the nuke test site where they blow them up like 400 meters below ground, has collapsed and they no longer have a place to test them. So this ploy buys them time to dig new tunnels and run more tests.

They fool nobody, except Trumpf and Mr Kardashian.
    "]The real reason, found out by the Chinese ..."
    --Sonhouse

If, as many ignorant Westerners believe, China were the DRPK's unconditional ally, then
    why would China's government allow its scientists to publish their critical findings, which
    clearly would be to the disadvantage of the DPRK's government?

Of course, China's not the DPRK's unconditional ally, not to mention its alleged 'puppet-master'.
    China supports the DPRK to the extent that the sudden collapse of the DPRK would harm China's interests.
    China does not want to deal with millions of desperate refugees attempting to enter China
    or with US military bases (threatening China) in a supposedly 'liberated' North Korea.
  6. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 20:351 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "]The real reason, found out by the Chinese ..."
    --Sonhouse

If, as many ignorant Westerners believe, China were the DRPK's unconditional ally, then
    why would China's government allow its scientists to publish their critical findings, which
    which clearly would be to the disadvantage of the DPRK's government?
    I'm sure you'll enlighten all of us stupid white people in your own customary manner Duchess. We look forward eagerly to your next set of insults. 😴
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 20:391 edit
    I'm sure you'll enlighten all of us stupid white people in your own customary manner Duchess.
    We look forward eagerly to your next set of insults. 😴
    The racist troll Mchill may be expected to cling to his delusions about China and the DPRK
    in addition to his delusions about many other subjects.

The DPRK's museums to the Korean War hardly acknowledge at all the great sacrifices
    made by the Chinese to save the DPRK from being completely defeated. Needless to say,
    the DPRK's extreme distortion of history offends the Chinese veterans who fought in Korea.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 20:59

Of course Kim has been plotting this all along, he's not even bothering to cloak it much. He knows how stupid Trump is. All he has to do is make the Trumpster look good and Donnie will be happy to look the other w ...[text shortened]... ralph up my lunch, I haven't been this sick since the last time I saw Bedtime for Bonzo. 😵
    Too bad Obama was not in there just looking the other way and not so much as an end to the Korean war.

All Kim needed was a deal like Obama gave Iran, billions of dollars for their nuke program.

So if North and South Korea declare a peace treaty, does this mean Trump gets a Nobel Peace prize or does he have to take out a 3rd world country like Obama did to Libya to deserve that?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 21:011 edit
    The racist troll Mchill may be expected to cling to his delusions about China and the DPRK
    in addition to his delusions about many other subjects.

The DPRK's museums to the Korean War hardly acknowledge at all the great sacrifices
    made by the Chinese to save the DPRK from being completely defeated. Needless to say,
    the DPRK's extreme distortion of history offends the Chinese veterans who fought in Korea.
    The racist troll mchill makes soon to be North Korean dictators cry. :'(
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 21:11

Many foolish Americans apparently liked to believe that the only possible motive for the
    DPRK to develop nuclear weapons was for Kim Jong-un (eagerly) to launch a suicidal
    unprovoked nuclear first strike against the USA.

While Kim Jong-un may be a ruthless dictator, there's no evidence that he's suicidal or insane.
    There's no evidence that he would expect to win or even to survive a nuclear war against the USA.

The most plausible reasons for the DPRK's developing nuclear weapons are:
    1) To deter US attack and to insure the Kim regime's survival against external aggression
    2) To create an important negotiable asset to be used toward achieving other objectives.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 03:03
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Too bad Obama was not in there just looking the other way and not so much as an end to the Korean war.

All Kim needed was a deal like Obama gave Iran, billions of dollars for their nuke program.

So if North and South Korea declare a peace treaty, does this mean Trump gets a Nobel Peace prize or does he have to take out a 3rd world country like Obama did to Libya to deserve that?
    "All Kim needed was a deal like Obama gave Iran, billions of dollars for their nuke program."

Obama didn't "give" Iran any money. It always belonged to Iran. The USA stole that money and later returned it as part of the agreement.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 03:04
    Many foolish Americans apparently liked to believe that the only possible motive for the
    DPRK to develop nuclear weapons was for Kim Jong-un (eagerly) to launch a suicidal
    unprovoked nuclear first strike against the USA.

While Kim Jong-un may be a ruthless dictator, there's no evidence that he's suicidal or insane.
    There's no evidence that he would ...[text shortened]... ession
    2) To create an important negotiable asset to be used toward achieving other objectives.
    Well said.
  13. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 03:16

What did former President Obama do during his eight years in office to prevent North Korea from getting nukes?

Regardless of whether you like President Trump, the sanctions imposed on Little Rocket Man caused him to apparently cave and give up his nuclear ambitions.

Nice!
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 03:31

"Anyone else get the feeling that this is what Kim has been plotting all along, and his nuclear tests were just a ruse to get to this point?"

Of course. All the DPRK wanted was an end to the joint military drills so close to their border and a peace treaty. These are reasonable goals that the USA would not agree to. The DPRK got tired of the USA being completely unreasonable so they did what any country in their situation would do.
    Those nuclear and missile tests are the only reason Trump agreed to meet Kim Jong Un and negotiate. Kim is only willing to denuke if the USA keeps their nukes away from the peninsula. Kim is playing this well. He is bringing attention to another double standard. Take note of that double standard.
    If Kim Jong Un gets a peace treaty it will be because of the nuclear and missile tests, not despite them. The USA could have had a peace treaty with the DPRK decades ago and avoided forcing the DPRK to ramp up their nuclear weapons program. The USA didn't want peace......until now, maybe. We will see if Trump is willing to be reasonable for a change. I'm not picking on Trump though. Obama was unreasonable and so was Bush. They were all unreasonable. That is why the DPRK has the hydrogen bomb, not the other way around like the corporate news media spins it with their propaganda.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 03:41
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    What did former President Obama do during his eight years in office to prevent North Korea from getting nukes?

Regardless of whether you like President Trump, the sanctions imposed on Little Rocket Man caused him to apparently cave and give up his nuclear ambitions.

Nice!
    You think Kim Jong Un has agreed to denuke and that is all. He is talking about all nukes, like USA nuclear subs with nuclear missiles. Now the government minions of the elites are crying about how that is unreasonable. Boo hoo, the USA imperialists need their double standards to be imposed or they will cry a river.

I am obviously skeptical that the USA will agree to a deal. That would require them to be reasonable and abandon one of their double standards.