Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    10 Nov '12 21:02
    Congratulations, Libs...your vote for Obama was a vote against jobs.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Companies-Plan-Layoffs-Obamacare/2012/11/09/id/463571
  2. 10 Nov '12 21:09
    Thank you

I rather enjoy watching you wingnuts cry like a bi*** because PRESIDENT Obama bent Romney over his knee and spanked dat a**
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    10 Nov '12 21:12
    Isn't that good for small business?
  4. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    10 Nov '12 21:22
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Thank you

I rather enjoy watching you wingnuts cry like a bi*** because PRESIDENT Obama bent Romney over his knee and spanked dat a**
    What an infantile mind. And you have to come on here and profess your love for Obama because if you did it in around your platoon you'd get your ass kicked.
  5. 10 Nov '12 21:27
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    What an infantile mind. And you have to come on here and profess your love for Obama because if you did it in around your platoon you'd get your ass kicked.
    You truly are an idiot. We're from all walks of life, demographics and political affiliations. Everyone I work with knows I'm a Democrat and I voted for Obama.

From anecdotal evidence I think (not know) that Democrats are a minority, but certainly not an anomoly. Hell, my First Sergeant voted for Obama.

By the way, PRESIDENT Obama won. I just wanted to say that again.
  6. Standard member Soothfast
    10 Nov '12 21:35

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Companies-Plan-Layoffs-Obamacare/2012/11/09/id/463571
    Layoffs are most common in the fourth quarter of the year, and it's really pathetic that some employers have to politicize layoffs by using the reelection of Obama as a scapegoat. The fact is there is still a full year, at least, before the part of the Affordable Care Act in question even begins to take effect! So why lay off workers now, unless you're a moron who just needs to blame someone else for your bad business practices?
  7. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    10 Nov '12 21:35
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    You truly are an idiot. We're from all walks of life, demographics and political affiliations. Everyone I work with knows I'm a Democrat and I voted for Obama.

From anecdotal evidence I think (not know) that Democrats are a minority, but certainly not an anomoly. Hell, my First Sergeant voted for Obama.

By the way, PRESIDENT Obama won. I just wanted to say that again.
    So, let's get an update...I started a thread about jobs lost because of Obamacare, and you're responding not with an argument, but by insulting me. That makes you infantile, but have no fear, you're not alone. Standard Lib tactic...when you can't win the argument, call people names.
  8. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    10 Nov '12 21:36

You're Pathetic. Is there nothing you haters don't blame on President Obama?? What a joke.
  9. Standard member Soothfast
    10 Nov '12 21:37
    Do you have any other color shirt but brown?
  10. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    10 Nov '12 21:50
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Layoffs are most common in the fourth quarter of the year, and it's really pathetic that some employers have to politicize layoffs by using the reelection of Obama as a scapegoat. The fact is there is still a full year, at least, before the part of the Affordable Care Act in question even begins to take effect! So why lay off workers now, unless you're a moron who just needs to blame someone else for your bad business practices?
    These companies have all been around for a while, so I'm going to trust that they know how to run their businesses. Gotten nothing from you at all that tells me you understand business. What you're really saying is, "Wait! They can't do that - can they?".

You people do not understand a basic principle. That whole, "action/equal and opposite reaction" thing - this is the equal and opposite part. This is why you don't do this without a single Republican vote, in the middle of the night, using parlor tricks. But you arrogant jackasses will learn, one way or the other - we will pick up the playbook you wrote, play by your rules, and make sure that we survive.

I had a boss, old-style Italian, real greaseball. He decided to do a Glengarry Glenross thing with his sales guys. I remember almost every word he said that night because it was so outrageous. One thing he said rang true, though. "If it's your kids or my kids, it's my kids".

Your side better figure out how to work with us. In or out of power, we know how to survive - and keep our slice of the pie.
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    10 Nov '12 21:53
    The medical device excise tax (like most excise taxes) is probably a bad idea. It raises fairly little revenue overall ($30 billion over 10 years a comparatively paltry sum) and hits one particular industry hard. Granted that has been a very profitable industry that will get extra business after the PPACA goes into full effect, but still I'd prefer the revenue to be raised from general taxation. The tax should be repealed.
  12. 10 Nov '12 21:54
    So, let's get an update...I started a thread about jobs lost because of Obamacare, and you're responding not with an argument, but by insulting me. That makes you infantile, but have no fear, you're not alone. Standard Lib tactic...when you can't win the argument, call people names.
    Oh, pot meet kettle. Did you really just cry about personal attacks?

First of all your source is a hyper-partisan Conservative rag, who cites a hyper-partisan activist organization. And their first example of companies doing layoffs due to Obamacare? Boston Scientiifc.

http://www.boston.com/business/healthcare/articles/2011/07/29/boston_scientific_to_lay_off_1200_plus/

Boston Scientific Corp. said yesterday that it plans to eliminate 1,200 to 1,400 jobs worldwide during the next 2 1/2 years to free money for new investments, the Natick medical device maker’s second major round of cuts since last year.

(snip)

Boston Scientific has been under intense US regulatory scrutiny in recent years because of defects in a pair of its best-selling cardiac products: tiny mesh tubes known as stents that are used to keep cleared arteries open and implantable defibrillators that send electric shocks to restore heart rhythm.

And earlier this month, the Food and Drug Administration said it was investigating whether plastic mesh made by Boston Scientific and other companies should be banned for a procedure to treat a gynecological condition called pelvic organ prolapse.
  13. Standard member Soothfast
    10 Nov '12 21:54

You people do not understand a basic principle. That whole, "action/equal and opposite reaction" thing - this is the equal and opposite part. This is why you don't do this without a single Republican vote, in the middle of the night, using parlor tricks. But you arrogant jackasses will learn, one way or the other - we will pick up the playbook you wrote, play by your rules, and make sure that we survive.
    And you have a real problem with the whole "cause and effect" thing, dickhole. It's really quite possible that the layoffs have nothing to do with Obama getting reelected, but the employers are bitter and "sasquatch-ish". It's even possible hiring is happening around the country because of Obama getting reelected. Old businesses die all the time, even in a world in which Obama is not President. Astounding, I know.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    10 Nov '12 22:01

In general, I find it impossible to believe that giving tens of millions of people more access to medical care will reduce jobs in the medical industry. It defies economic principles and common sense.
  15. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    10 Nov '12 22:06
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    And you have a real problem with the whole "cause and effect" thing, dickhole. It's really quite possible that the layoffs have nothing to do with Obama getting reelected, but the employers are bitter and "sasquatch-ish". It's even possible hiring is happening around the country because of Obama getting reelected. Old businesses die all the time, even in a world in which Obama is not President. Astounding, I know.
    Medical technology is not "old". It's cutting edge, right? Say yes.

"It's quite possible.." - I've made statements here citing reliable sources (albeit ones you disagree with because they make your boy look bad) and you call them lies. So "it's quite possible" a) flies in the face of everything business is saying right now and b) doesn't cut it.

You think business owners make business decisions based on being bitter? Exactly what kind of work do you do? Have you spent one day making business decisions?