Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 13 Sep '10 13:39
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/lawyer-smokes-pages-from-the-koran-and-bible-in-a-youtube-stunt/story-e6freoof-1225919832708

Given all the media attention over the cancelled Quran book burning in the US, this will not doubt cause a stir in some part of the Muslim world.

Personally, I don't see the big deal. Sure, both books are religous symbols, but religion should not get a free pass and is a fair target for acts of protest or criticism (tasteless or not).

In the interests of science, the lawyer really should have rolled a huge 2 paper doobie using pages from both religous texts for comparison.
  2. 13 Sep '10 13:50
    Originally posted by obsesschess
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/lawyer-smokes-pages-from-the-koran-and-bible-in-a-youtube-stunt/story-e6freoof-1225919832708

Given all the media attention over the cancelled Quran book burning in the US, this will not doubt cause a stir in some part of the Muslim world.

Personally, I don't see the big deal. Sure, both books are relig ...[text shortened]... y should have rolled a huge 2 paper doobie using pages from both religous texts for comparison.
    you can use constructive criticism and you can be a dick.

yes, you can enter a debate in which you claim christianity did some uncool stuff. and you can wipe your ass with pages from the bible. one of these make you an ahole. the other is a reasonable course of action a human being would take.
  3. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    13 Sep '10 13:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you can use constructive criticism and you can be a dick.

yes, you can enter a debate in which you claim christianity did some uncool stuff. and you can wipe your ass with pages from the bible. one of these make you an ahole. the other is a reasonable course of action a human being would take.
    So what if it makes him a ahole? Is that a big deal? Lawyer from Brisbane is a ahole?
  4. 13 Sep '10 14:04
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So what if it makes him a ahole? Is that a big deal? Lawyer from Brisbane is a ahole?
    nothing really. democracy allows you to be a douche as long as you stay within some limits.

you can be an ahole. just don't be upset if society puts on a frowny face and won't invite you to parties anymore.
  5. 13 Sep '10 17:23
    Originally posted by obsesschess

Personally, I don't see the big deal. Sure, both books are relig ...[text shortened]... y should have rolled a huge 2 paper doobie using pages from both religous texts for comparison.
    bible paper looks kind of toxic to me. maybe if you trimmed the edges it'd be prime doobie material.
  6. 13 Sep '10 17:23
    i bet ATY would know.