Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    25 Dec '16 04:40
    There are many people here who really dislike Donald Trump. As a left leaning Independent, I have my doubt's about him myself. I'm convinced however everyone should calm down and give President elect Trump a year before passing judgement, as good things sometimes take time. I very much doubt President elect Trump is going to be the monster the Democrats claim he is, nor will he be the savior Republicans claim.
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    25 Dec '16 05:31 / 1 edit
    I think giving Trump a chance was what many people wanted to do...until choosing racists as part of his cabinet, and science deniers to head the EPA, or that horrible Carrier deal which was essentially a bribe.

Simply put, Trump has made a lot of suspect or just plain terrible choices, including giving unqualified people cabinet positions because they contributed to his campaign, or letting his children run his businesses while he's in office instead of using a blind trust. The number of terrible acts that Trump has done is far too high to just stay quiet for a year.

Although, it really doesn't matter. There's nothing stopping Trump from doing anything he wants, especially given a Republican-controlled congress.
  3. 25 Dec '16 05:48
    Originally posted by mchill
    Let's give Trump a year
    I did. It didn't help.

I have my doubt's about him myself. I'm convinced however everyone should calm down and give President elect Trump a year before passing judgement, as good things sometimes take time.
    People do not change. Especially old people.

The reality is that you are stuck with Trump and you are trying to find ways to live with it. You have to give Trump four years whether you like it or not. If Trumps reign ends sooner it will be because he does something not because you did something.

very much doubt President elect Trump is going to be the monster the Democrats claim he is, nor will he be the savior Republicans claim.
    I am not a Democrat nor Republican but I do lean left. I do not think Trump will be a monster. I think he will be a bumbling bafoon who makes foreign policy mistakes one after the other until the US has no friends left. Not such a good thing.
    I think the majority of law making will be done by lobbyists, influencer's and republican extremists who will have a virtually free hand to do what they like. Trumps lack of control is what will be most damaging not him being a monster.
    He has already been part of significant damage in terms of dividing the nation - but that is not all his fault, be is more a benefactor than a cause. His winning the election has also resulted in nut cases having a lot more confidence. I don't know how much damage they will cause as a result.
  4. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    25 Dec '16 06:59
    Let's give him 8 years!

He can't destroy the US in one year.
  5. 26 Dec '16 16:19
    Giving him or any politician an arbitrary time means what? Give him what? Who will give it to him?

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." - Jefferson
  6. 27 Dec '16 05:42
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Let's give him 8 years!

He can't destroy the US in one year.
    Why do people think Trump is soooo unaccomplished and stupid considering he is the first man in human history to win an argument with a woman?

Hmmm?
  7. 27 Dec '16 07:21
    +1000. My good VERY LIBERAL friend said today, "I'll give him a chance." Same thing I said when O was elected. They (politicians) are all cut from the same cloth tho. They are not your friends.
  8. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    27 Dec '16 08:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why do people think Trump is soooo unaccomplished and stupid considering he is the first man in human history to win an argument with a woman?

Hmmm?
    He won districts, not any argument at all. A majority of Americans favoured Clinton.
  9. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    27 Dec '16 09:28
    He won districts, not any argument at all. A majority of Americans favoured Clinton.
    Actually, it was a majority of NY-ers and Californians.
    Oh: and a majority of fraudulent votes were def in HRC's favor.
  10. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    27 Dec '16 10:05
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Actually, it was a majority of NY-ers and Californians.
    Oh: and a majority of fraudulent votes were def in HRC's favor.
    Yeah... so a majority of Americans...

Or are you now claiming that NY and California aren't in the US?
  11. 27 Dec '16 14:33
    Maybe Trump is not really smart, maybe it's just Hillary was so much more stupid.

After all, she lost a rigged election, how stupid do you have to be to lose an election that was rigged for you to win?
  12. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    27 Dec '16 15:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    Maybe Trump is not really smart, maybe it's just Hillary was so much more stupid.

After all, she lost a rigged election, how stupid do you have to be to lose an election that was rigged for you to win?
    What evidence do you have that the US election was rigged in Clinton's favour? All the evidence so far (Russian hacker interference) seems to point to it being rigged in Trump's favour.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Dec '16 15:24
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    What evidence do you have that the US election was rigged in Clinton's favour? All the evidence so far (Russian hacker interference) seems to point to it being rigged in Trump's favour.
    I believe a guy posted something on twitter claiming that 3 million illegal aliens voted.

This has now become an established "fact" among right wingers.
  14. 27 Dec '16 16:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I believe a guy posted something on twitter claiming that 3 million illegal aliens voted.

This has now become an established "fact" among right wingers.
    Also, Clinton won like a million votes in the Democrat primary from that one question being leaked in a single debate.
  15. 27 Dec '16 20:45
    Originally posted by mchill
    There are many people here who really dislike Donald Trump. As a left leaning Independent, I have my doubt's about him myself. I'm convinced however everyone should calm down and give President elect Trump a year before passing judgement, as good things sometimes take time. I very much doubt President elect Trump is going to be the monster the Democrats claim he is, nor will he be the savior Republicans claim.
    Does Mchill demand that all the American people (most of whom did not vote for Donald
    Trump) give President Trump 'a year' *without any criticism or opposition*?
    A year of Donald Trump as the unquestioned dictator of the USA?

Did Mchill demand that President Obama get the same treatment in 2009?
    As I recall, the Republicans unconditionally opposed President Obama on every issue
    from the first day of his presidency.

"Life is all right in America. If you're all white in America."
    --from the song 'America' (by Stephen Sondheim) in 'West Side Story' (film)