Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    They "directly factor into the case" only by your twisted "logic".
    You can't declare that my logic is bad without explaining why; that's actually logically fallacious.
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:33
    Originally posted by vivify
    You don't know that. Common sense says that you don't just run from cops if you have nothing to hide. Remember the OJ Simpson car chase? That was a man who clearly had something to hide.
    I do know that. Perhaps you should read prosecutor Mosby's statement.

A young black male has a very good reason to avoid police even if he isn't doing anything wrong i.e. they are very liable to harass him.
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:35
    You can't declare that my logic is bad without explaining why; that's actually logically fallacious.
    I already have. You are descending into your typical "hold your breath until you turn blue" mode.

Freddie Gray's prior criminal history had nothing to do with this matter.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:39
    I already have. You are descending into your typical "hold your breath until you turn blue" mode.

Freddie Gray's prior criminal history had nothing to do with this matter.
    Yes, it does. Freddie wouldn't have run if not for fear of some sort of crime being exposed, something that's evidenced by his long criminal history. Again, that doesn't excuse the cops, and they should be charged with a crime, since Gray shouldn't have been arrested. But the running is what set all this in motion, and it's logical that Gray had some sort of criminal activity going on that made him get nervous and run.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:41
    Yes, it does. Freddie wouldn't have run if not for fear of some sort of crime being exposed, something that's evidenced by his long criminal history. Again, that doesn't excuse the cops, and they should be charged with a crime, since Gray shouldn't have been arrested. But the running is what set all this in motion, and it's logical that Gray had some sort of criminal activity going on that made him get nervous and run.
    Jesus H Christ. This is ridiculous; the prosecutor said the police had no reason to arrest him and there is absolutely zero evidence he was doing anything illegal.

Give it up.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:42

A young black male has a very good reason to avoid police even if he isn't doing anything wrong i.e. they are very liable to harass him.
    Agreed. But how common is it for blacks who aren't doing anything wrong to run at the mere sight of cops?
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:441 edit
    Jesus H Christ. This is ridiculous; the prosecutor said the police had no reason to arrest him and there is absolutely zero evidence he was doing anything illegal.

Give it up.
    Give what up? I said that same exact thing several times. I said that in the OP and the following post. I've already said multiple times that the cops in the Baltimore case should've been arrested. I said multiple times that the cops had no reason to arrest Gray.

So again, give WHAT up?
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:45
    Agreed. But how common is it for blacks who aren't doing anything wrong to run at the mere sight of cops?
    Why don't you ask all your young black male friends who live in "high crime neighborhoods"?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:45

If you read the prosecutor's statements then you know that she views this as a political action not an action for justice.

Some might argue that political justice is the same thing as justice for the death, but that would only be people who have a political ax to grind.
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:46
    Give what up? I said that same exact thing several times. I said that in the OP and the following post. I've already said multiple times that the cops in the Baltimore case should've been arrested. I said multiple times that the cops had no reason to arrest Gray.

So again, give WHAT up?
    What we talking about; YOUR claim that Grey's criminal history had anything to do with his subsequent death.

It didn't for reasons already given.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:48
    Why don't you ask all your young black male friends who live in "high crime neighborhoods"?
    In other words, you have absolutely no idea. That's the point.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:49
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If you read the prosecutor's statements then you know that she views this as a political action not an action for justice.

Some might argue that political justice is the same thing as justice for the death, but that would only be people who have a political ax to grind.
    I read her statement and find absolutely no support for such a claim.

The people who have a political axe to grind are the usual right wing suspects like yourself claiming some vast leftist conspiracy headed (of course) by the evil secret Muslim President Obama.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:50
    I read her statement and find absolutely no support for such a claim.

The people who have a political axe to grind are the usual right wing suspects like yourself claiming some vast leftist conspiracy headed (of course) by the evil secret Muslim President Obama.
    Of course you don't, you believe in political justice in this case.
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:50
    In other words, you have absolutely no idea. That's the point.
    No, the point is YOU have no idea but that doesn't stop you from just presuming that black males who want to avoid the police must be committing crimes.

Guess what kind of an assumption that is?
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:52
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Of course you don't, you believe in political justice in this case.
    I believe in justice justice in this and every other case.

There is ample probable cause for the charges as outlined in another thread.