Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 04 Feb '10 19:49
    Recenlty, White Chief Hours of staff Rahm Emanuel, known as Obama's right hand man, came out and called a group of liberal activists f-ing retarded.

So my question is, does this include himself?
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    04 Feb '10 19:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    Recenlty, White Chief Hours of staff Rahm Emanuel, known as Obama's right hand man, came out and called a group of liberal activists f-ing retarded.

It's convention to source your paraphrased quotes in the Debates forum. It's also quite clear that it's your question, since it's in your post which opens your thread.

Recently

White Chief Hours of staff?!

-a retarded liberal
  3. 04 Feb '10 20:00
    Its about the same as Obamas "joke" on Leno likening his bowling to the 'special olympics"

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6919701682068709550
  4. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    04 Feb '10 20:04

I think Palin is trying to turn the Alinsky rule, i.e. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." against Rahmbo. While that is somewhat amusing, I think the whole thing is stupid.
  5. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    04 Feb '10 20:59

Did you post this from your iphone or something?
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    04 Feb '10 21:04
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Its about the same as Obamas "joke" on Leno likening his bowling to the 'special olympics"

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6919701682068709550
    I thought Obama was funny on that clip.

Then again, I thought that Hillary's line about Gahndi was funny too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo9LP0ATVJc

But, of course, she got lambasted for it.

Politicians just aren't allowed to be funny any more.
  7. 04 Feb '10 21:15
    Originally posted by sh76
    Did you post this from your iphone or something?
    Or Something.

Its just a light hearted thread about liberal political incorrectness. In fact, I wonder how Harry Reid would refer to Rahm? These guys just crack me up.

In all seriousnes, however, those who suffer from various mental challenges are outraged by the word retard being used by Rahm. Could you just imagine yourself being mentally challenged and being compared to those who are brain dead? At least the one who suffers from mental challenges has some synaptic ability. This is an outrage!!!

Of course, to be fair, Rahm apologized to the Special Olympics. I just wonder if we wil hear any talk of resignation like we did Harry Reid and his comments. Probably not.
  8. 04 Feb '10 21:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It's convention to source your paraphrased quotes in the Debates forum. It's also quite clear that it's your question, since it's in your post which opens your thread.

[hidden]Recently[/hidden]

[hidden]White Chief Hours of staff?![/hidden]

-a retarded liberal
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/02/emanuel-apologizes-for-retarde.html

As the article indicates, Rahm is known for his profanity and a loose tongue. It just makes me wonder why it took so long for a story like this to break.
  9. 05 Feb '10 00:41

Rahm Emanuel a liberal?? Hilarious.
  10. 05 Feb '10 01:19
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Rahm Emanuel a liberal?? Hilarious.
    WHat would you call him? Would you call him a Marxist, communist, what?
  11. 05 Feb '10 02:35
    WHat would you call him? Would you call him a Marxist, communist, what?
    He's not left enough to be a liberal. He's nowhere close to being a marxist.

I'd almost call him a republican. After all, when he wants to get something done he only attacks the liberals.

You never see him calling republicans retards do you? Nope. He only calls liberals retards.
  12. 05 Feb '10 06:14
    Yeah, a centrist cleverly disguised as a liberal, he he. There's a lot right wing claims of leftism on the parts of some, which puzzles those of us that ARE on the left. Emanuel is just another centrist.
  13. 05 Feb '10 11:21
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Yeah, a centrist cleverly disguised as a liberal, he he. There's a lot right wing claims of leftism on the parts of some, which puzzles those of us that ARE on the left. Emanuel is just another centrist.
    Well now we have Rahm being a Republican and a centrist. How so? What policies indicate this or is it just the fact he calls liberals like you retarded?
  14. 05 Feb '10 16:21
    So are there any liberals, or anyone else for that matter, who is offended by Rahms use of the word retard?
  15. 05 Feb '10 23:23
    So are there any liberals, or anyone else for that matter, who is offended by Rahms use of the word retard?
    Only Sarah Palin I think. She called for him to be fired because of it.