Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    31 May '17 20:44 / 1 edit
    I've said some unkind things about Donald Trump here, but much of the blame for the situation we have today can be laid on the doorstep of the Liberals. Just over 55% of voters bothered to cast ballots in 2016, if every registered Democrat had made an effort to vote, the Democrats would control both houses of Congress, and Hillary would be President. I am aware that some districts and states made it difficult to cast ballots, but that does not excuse the tens of millions that simply stayed home, and didn't bother to make an effort. So Liberals, say what you wish about the Trump supporters, but more of them made an effort to vote than you did, so now you get to deal with the outcome.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/politics/popular-vote-turnout-2016/
  2. 31 May '17 20:48
    It would be more reasonable to say 'non-voting' liberals that could have voted.
    And what are you by the way? Who did you vote for?
  3. 31 May '17 21:12 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    I've said some unkind things about Donald Trump here, but much of the blame for the situation we have today can be laid on the doorstep of the Liberals. Just over 55% of voters bothered to cast ballots in 2016, if every registered Democrat had made an effort to vote, the Democrats would control both houses of Congress, and Hillary would be President. I am aw ...[text shortened]... o deal with the outcome.

"I've said some unkind things about Donald Trump here."
    --Mchill

In fact, that's not all that Mchill has written about Donald Trump.
    Readers with good memories know that Mchill has not been a consistent critic of Donald Trump.

During the 2016 campaign, Mchill sometimes wrote comparatively nice things about Donald Trump.
    *After* Donald Trump won the 2016 US Presidential election, Mchill wrote that President Trump
    should be given 'a year' (presumably without criticism or opposition) to implement his policies
    and see where that would take the USA.

In recent weeks, Mchill has decided to start criticizing President Trump before his own
    previously proclaimed 'honeymoon' period of 'a year' is over.

I would add that many, if not most, people who vote for the Democratic Party don't consider themselves 'liberal'.
    Only in a country with an extreme right-wing political culture like the USA could the Democratic
    Party be regarded as 'leftist' when it would be regarded as 'conservative' or 'centrist' at most
    in other Western democratic societies.
  4. 31 May '17 23:29
    I've said some unkind things about Donald Trump here, but much of the blame for the situation we have today can be laid on the doorstep of the Liberals. Just over 55% of voters bothered to cast ballots in 2016, if every registered Democrat had made an effort to vote, the Democrats would control both houses of Congress, and Hillary would be President. I am aw ...[text shortened]... o deal with the outcome.

Nonsense, it's the fault of Boris and Natasha and their secret dealing with Trump!

Impeach him!
  5. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    01 Jun '17 00:49
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    --Mchill

Readers with good memories know that Mchill has not been a consistent critic of Donald Trump.

During the 2016 campaign, Mchill sometimes wrote comparatively nice things about Donald Trump.
    *After* Donald Trump won ...[text shortened]... ould be regarded as 'conservative' or 'centrist' at most
    During the 2016 campaign, Mchill sometimes wrote comparatively nice things about Donald Trump. *After* Donald Trump won the 2016 US Presidential election, Mchill wrote that President Trump should be given 'a year' (presumably without criticism or opposition) to implement his policies and see where that would take the USA.

You have a problem with this??
  6. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    01 Jun '17 01:31

On another thread mchill assigned 'fault' to the millions of Americans that voted for Trump for being dumb as goats, now millions more are at fault, who next will mchill blame.
  7. 01 Jun '17 01:47
    During the 2016 campaign, Mchill sometimes wrote comparatively nice things about Donald Trump. *After* Donald Trump won the 2016 US Presidential election, Mchill wrote that President Trump should be given 'a year' (presumably without criticism or opposition) to implement his policies and see where that would take the USA.

Thanks to Mchill for confirming the factual accuracy of what I wrote about him.
    I would have a problem if Mchill *misleadingly implied* that he *always* has been as
    critical of Donald Trump as he has become now.

When Hitler was in power and seemed to be winning, most Germans approved of him.
    After he lost the war, most Germans criticized him. I would have a problem with a German
    who misleadingly implied that one had always been as critical of Hitler as after the war.
  8. 01 Jun '17 03:59
    Don't underestimate the establishment Republicans as well.
  9. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    01 Jun '17 04:33
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    --Mchill

*After* Donald Trump won ...[text shortened]... ould be regarded as 'conservative' or 'centrist' at most
    Damn woman!
    Classic.

Mchill just got an internet batting!
    Haha
  10. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    01 Jun '17 04:34

The human pinjata...
  11. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    01 Jun '17 11:06
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Damn woman!
    Classic.

Haha
    Normally I'd respond to Duchess and her ugly comments, but Duchess is a racist, sexist bigot, who's disdain for white males has caused her to respond to the most objective comments with hatred and venom. i.e. I am not a Trump supporter, but do make an honest attempt to see this election from both sides of the partisan fence, when I do, she likens me to a supporter of Hitler.
  12. 01 Jun '17 20:31
    Normally I'd respond to Duchess and her ugly comments, but Duchess is a racist, sexist bigot, who's disdain for white males has caused her to respond to the most objective comments with hatred and venom. i.e. I am not a Trump supporter, but do make an honest attempt to see this election from both sides of the partisan fence, when I do, she likens me to a supporter of Hitler.
    Mchill keeps showing his abysmal 'reading comprehension' as well as that he's a hateful lying racist troll.

In fact, Mchill was rather sympathetic to Donald Trump, praising him in some ways.
    And Mchill's professed belief that white men (like himself) are the most oppressed group
    in the USA fits in neatly with Donald Trump's virulent racism.
  13. 01 Jun '17 20:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Damn woman!
    Classic.
    Haha
    Mchill's a lying racist troll who should not be trusted to write honestly about his record of posts.
    Mchill has implied that white men (like himself) are the most oppressed group in the USA today.
    This fits in neatly with Donald Trump's virulent racism.
  14. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    01 Jun '17 20:35 / 1 edit

Oh, God, not this again.

15. 01 Jun '17 20:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne to Mchill
    Oh, God, not this again.

Suzianne may note that Mchill prefers to blame 'liberals' for Donald Trump's election rather
    than the Americans (few of whom presumably were 'liberals' ) who actually voted for him.
    (Most white men and most white women voted for Donald Trump.)

And Mchill does not blame the US electoral college system that made it possible for
    Donald Trump to become President despite *not even winning a plurality of the popular votes*.

And Mchill makes no comment about Suzianne's pet complaint that the racist
    Republican Party effectively disenfranchised millions of non-white potential voters.