Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 28 Oct '16 15:14
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/americans-dying-faster-millennials-too-100032333.html

    As with everything else in the US and the world, things are deteriorating, including life expectancy.
  2. 28 Oct '16 15:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/americans-dying-faster-millennials-too-100032333.html

    As with everything else in the US and the world, things are deteriorating, including life expectancy.
    Life expectancy across the globe is increasing, not deteriorating.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Oct '16 15:24
    Given the insane number of mass-shootings, instances of police brutality, and gun-nuts blocking the limitation of weapons that end lives with a simple contraction of a finger, this is no surprise. It's not like the average American diet and exercise habits are any help.
  4. 28 Oct '16 15:32
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Life expectancy across the globe is increasing, not deteriorating.
    Link?
  5. 28 Oct '16 15:33
    Originally posted by vivify
    Given the insane number of mass-shootings, instances of police brutality, and gun-nuts blocking the limitation of weapons that end lives with a simple contraction of a finger, this is no surprise. It's not like the average American diet and exercise habits are any help.
    Naturally, you leave out the massive drug addiction problem in the US thanks to open borders.

    Of course, you probably favor unrestricted drug use so it's no surprise you would purposefully ignore it.
  6. 28 Oct '16 15:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Link?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy
  7. 28 Oct '16 15:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/americans-dying-faster-millennials-too-100032333.html

    As with everything else in the US and the world, things are deteriorating, including life expectancy.
    Meanwhile in Zambia, life expectancy has shot up by about 20 years in the last decade!

    https://www.google.co.za/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=life%20expectancy%20zambia

    And Zimbabwe is doing nearly as well.

    So which country did you have in mind when you said 'the rest of the world'?
  8. 28 Oct '16 15:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    Naturally, you leave out the massive drug addiction problem in the US thanks to open borders.

    Of course, you probably favor unrestricted drug use so it's no surprise you would purposefully ignore it.
    The leading drug death causes in the United States are prescription drugs and alcohol - I'm not sure what connection with "open borders" you have identified here?
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    28 Oct '16 16:04
    Originally posted by vivify
    Given the insane number of mass-shootings, instances of police brutality, and gun-nuts blocking the limitation of weapons that end lives with a simple contraction of a finger, this is no surprise. It's not like the average American diet and exercise habits are any help.
    ===Given the insane number of mass-shootings, instances of police brutality, and gun-nuts blocking the limitation of weapons that end lives with a simple contraction of a finger, this is no surprise.===

    Even combined, those have a miniscule effect on life expectancy in a country of 315 million people.

    === It's not like the average American diet and exercise habits are any help.===

    Now, you're talking.
  10. 28 Oct '16 17:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Meanwhile in Zambia, life expectancy has shot up by about 20 years in the last decade!

    https://www.google.co.za/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=life%20expectancy%20zambia

    And Zimbabwe is doing nearly as well.

    So which country did you have in mind when you said 'the rest of the world'?
    I was thinking more of the war torn countries in the Middle East and Africa that have suffered recently.
  11. 28 Oct '16 18:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    I was thinking more of the war torn countries in the Middle East and Africa that have suffered recently.
    Life expectancy in the Middle East and Africa has been increasing. In fact it is increasing in Africa faster than anywhere else in the world (of course, they also have more ground to make up in this respect).
  12. 28 Oct '16 18:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/americans-dying-faster-millennials-too-100032333.html

    As with everything else in the US and the world, things are deteriorating, including life expectancy.
    Means you'll get to heaven sooner! Excellent! No?
  13. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Oct '16 19:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    Naturally, you leave out the massive drug addiction problem in the US thanks to open borders.

    Of course, you probably favor unrestricted drug use so it's no surprise you would purposefully ignore it.
    So you ignore that I brought up people senselessly being killed by mass-shootings, just to bitch about open borders?
  14. 28 Oct '16 19:09
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Means you'll get to heaven sooner! Excellent! No?
    Not to worry, I'm sure the fabulous new Obamacare will start to increase life expectancies in the US.
  15. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    28 Oct '16 20:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/americans-dying-faster-millennials-too-100032333.html

    As with everything else in the US and the world, things are deteriorating, including life expectancy.
    You know I'm getting really tired of this Republican talking point, that things are so bad and getting worse, and America is sliding into some bottomless pit.

    Of course they have to spew their fear-mongering rhetoric into the atmosphere in order to get people to vote for them because they are bereft of any solutions to the actual issues that face the typical American, all because they are so busy shoveling all the money up to the 1%, and are busy covering that up by appearing to care about the 'little people'.