Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 08 Jan '10 19:40
    I picture myself as being born from the heavens as a charged bolt of lightening, pictured in a scope, my bolt doesn't take a straight path, but wonders from left to right of center toward ground.
    Today, I just swung back way left. After receiving a letter from my Sis. She had just given her team of Drs their quarterly bonus checks,,90K each. Last quarter was 150K, so they were mifted. She tells them, you have not given employee raises since 07/08? They stand there, and think. We'll discuss this among ourselves later. She has given them raises herself, as office manager, but does not give herself raises.
    maybe not a debate topic, but my views have leaned, big time
  2. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    08 Jan '10 19:44
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I picture myself as being born from the heavens as a charged bolt of lightening, pictured in a scope, my bolt doesn't take a straight path, but wonders from left to right of center toward ground.
    Today, I just swung back way left. After receiving a letter from my Sis. She had just given her team of Drs their quarterly bonus checks,,90K each. Last quarter ...[text shortened]... ut does not give herself raises.
    I must apologize, but your story really made me laugh.

Little do they know, these may well be the last bonuses they see in their lifetime.
  3. 08 Jan '10 19:52
    Originally posted by monster truck
    I must apologize, but your story really made me laugh.

Little do they know, these may well be the last bonuses they see in their lifetime.
    No need to appologize my friend.
    People vote with their feet.
    My sister has been an office manager for them for nearly 30 years, I suspect they are somewhat prepared to leave, and retire in wealth.
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    08 Jan '10 20:08
    Today, I just swung back way left. After receiving a letter from my Sis. She had just given her team of Drs their quarterly bonus checks,,90K each. Last quarter ...[text shortened]... ut does not give herself raises.
    So go to medical school and get a job in one of these lucrative clinics or hospitals or whatever. Why do you begrudge them for making money? I don't get it.
  5. 08 Jan '10 20:14
    Originally posted by sh76
    So go to medical school and get a job in one of these lucrative clinics or hospitals or whatever. Why do you begrudge them for making money? I don't get it.
    The left begrudges all "rich" people EXCEPT those in government.
  6. 08 Jan '10 20:47
    A thousand pictures can be drawn from one word, but who is the artist we have to agree.
    Another page in this story..... this is in a small town, less than 5K population. where does that money come from...You, and I.
    Know why? The majority of patients are shoshone and arapahoe, which are people covered by The BIA, and bills paid by the US Government.
    I would never begrudge an American Indian these rights, I saw their suffering from our handling of them.
    But a Team of three Drs who obviously are not in any of the Health groups, as they pay their own malpractice insurance, live in a State with no withholding tax on income, sales tax on only non-food items, can't seem to find the heart, to give a handful of employees a raise? Last raises they know about was 07/08? My sis slipped them some though.
    My oldest daughter is working toward medical school. But, will she make that same kind of money? Not on your life.
  7. 08 Jan '10 20:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    The left begrudges all "rich" people EXCEPT those in government.
    I said I just swung more left,, I still am willing to bend and blend. This just shocks me from a paradigm.
    No raises?
    That money, was yours my friend, the government pays those bills. How about you and I giving them a .25 raise this past Christmas?
    There are exceptions to all rules, you have to be willing to acknowledge some discrepencies in what is FAIR.
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    08 Jan '10 21:10
    My oldest daughter is working toward medical school. But, will she make that same kind of money? Not on your life.
    Why do you say that? Maybe she'll become a brain surgeon and make 10 times that. Why do you want to limit your daughter?

Or do you think that the new healthcare bill will see to it that doctor's don't make much money?
  9. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    08 Jan '10 21:13
    Why do you say that? Maybe she'll become a brain surgeon and make 10 times that. Why do you want to limit your daughter?

Or do you think that the new healthcare bill will see to it that doctor's don't make much money?
    BINGO!!!
    We have a winner.
  10. 08 Jan '10 21:13

I wish I could answer that question. What and how will the Healthcare bill affect them, and us?
    My daughter walks her own path. Over Christmas break, she was in Sao paulo Brazil with a church group helping young children. She wants to go back.
  11. 08 Jan '10 21:15
    Of course the problem is not people making a lot of money but people not paying enough taxes. Someone making $100k should pay $50k tax at the very least, and the fact that this is not happening in the U.S. is causing its economy grave damage.
  12. 08 Jan '10 21:19
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Of course the problem is not people making a lot of money but people not paying enough taxes. Someone making $100k should pay $50k tax at the very least, and the fact that this is not happening in the U.S. is causing its economy grave damage.
    Three drs, previous quarter, each received 150K dividend, last quarter 90K dividend.
    In a state with no state employment taxes.
    They can't afford to give the employees a darn raise?

Paradigm shift here, sorry right wing, I am centering up on this one.
  13. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    08 Jan '10 21:21
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If you have 2 pigs and I have none, you should give me one. LOL
  14. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    08 Jan '10 21:43

'Why do you want to 'limit' you daughter'' ...so making as much money as is possible is the sole goal and limit of ones life it would appear ?? There are folk that dedicate their lives above and beyond their income, perhaps you suggest they are limited as much in their quest for wealth as in their desire not to engraciate the gross profiteers that benefit through inflated insurances....Not all professionals are driven by the mighty buck, the golf and country club, the biggest house and cars.
    The persons that desire to dedicate their lives, at great loss to their potential income, for the betterment of folk that cannot afford should be applauded most, they give more ????
  15. 08 Jan '10 21:56
    Originally posted by monster truck
    If you have 2 pigs and I have none, you should give me one. LOL
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.