Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 09 Mar '10 01:43 / 1 edit
    "Stay with me, because you are not going to believe this column. This month in Chicago, an event will honor three men as "living legends." The men are Minister Louis Farrakhan, head of the Nation of Islam, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the former pastor of Barack Obama's church, and Father Michael Pfleger, a radical-left Catholic priest. The men will stand together, and thousands of spectators will pay to see them.

The press release announcing the program says, "Because of their legacy of educating, they are being honored as Living Legends for their unfailing work and dedication."

And who, exactly, selected the three men as honorees? Um, well, that would be the Rev. Jeremiah Wright!

Farrakhan, speaking before a crowd of 20,000 a few days ago, accused the "white right" of planning the assassination of President Obama. The minister, wearing a Muammar Gaddafi-style hat, went on to say that the "Zionists" were derailing the president's agenda and white Christians were praying for Obama's death. Sounds like the stuff of "living legends," doesn't it?

Also, what is a Catholic priest doing standing with Farrakhan and Wright? Catholics follow Jesus, a man who preached peace and love for all people.

WHAT?! This was Obamas spiritual advisor for 25 years right?

http://townhall.com/columnists/BillOReilly/2010/03/06/living_legends
  2. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    09 Mar '10 02:01
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    The minister, wearing a Muammar Gaddafi-style hat, went on to say that the "Zionists" were derailing the president's agenda and white Christians were praying for Obama's death.
    Was he also wearing Leon Trotsky-style shoes and Adolf Hitler-style Y-fronts?
  3. 09 Mar '10 02:33
    i doubt hitler wore y-fronts. they didn't hit the UK til 1938.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-front

Briefs were first sold on January 19, 1935 by Coopers, Inc., in Chicago, Illinois. They dubbed the new undergarment the "Jockey" because it offered a similar degree of support as the jockstrap (one style of which is also called Jock brief or Support briefs). Thirty-thousand pairs were sold within three months of their introduction. In North America, "Jockey shorts" or "Jockeys" is often used as a generic term for men's briefs.

In the United Kingdom, briefs were first sold in 1938. Soon, shops were selling 3,000 briefs per week. They were so popular that in 1948, every member of the British Olympic team was given a free pair of briefs.
  4. 09 Mar '10 11:58
    "Stay with me, because you are not going to believe this column. This month in Chicago, an event will honor three men as "living legends."[b] The men are Minister Louis Farrakhan, head of the Nation of Islam, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the former pastor of Barack Obama's church, and Father Michael Pfleger, a radical-left Catholic priest. The men wi ...[text shortened]... rs right?

http://townhall.com/columnists/BillOReilly/2010/03/06/living_legends[/b]
    You white devil you!!
  5. 09 Mar '10 16:52
    I am boycotting that, unless they invite Marcus Lattrel. He would bring some fire to the event.
  6. 09 Mar '10 18:18
    "Stay with me, because you are not going to believe this column. This month in Chicago, an event will honor three men as "living legends."[b] The men are Minister Louis Farrakhan, head of the Nation of Islam, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the former pastor of Barack Obama's church, and Father Michael Pfleger, a radical-left Catholic priest. The men wi ...[text shortened]... rs right?

Well, they're living legends, their work must be respected regardless of whether you disagree with their political point of view.
  7. 09 Mar '10 18:21
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Well, they're living legends, their work must be respected regardless of whether you disagree with their political point of view.
    It must be respected?!
  8. 09 Mar '10 18:31

I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt very seriously that you will be forced to go. I will however invite you to my awards where I will present you with an award for being the Most Left-Wing-Pinko -Commie-Undercover-Agent on this site. Your posts are an endless source of inspiration for those of us who are not Fascist Racists. Sharing the dais with you will be George W. Bush, Bernard Kerik, and Michael D. Brown. I'd start working on your speech now!
  9. 09 Mar '10 18:42
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt very seriously that you will be forced to go. I will however invite you to my awards where I will present you with an award for being the Most Left-Wing-Pinko -Commie-Undercover-Agent on this site. Your posts are an endless source of inspiration for those of us who are not Fascist Racists. Sharing the dais with you wil ...[text shortened]... be George W. Bush, Bernard Kerik, and Michael D. Brown. I'd start working on your speech now!

Your posts are an endless source of inspiration for those of us who are not Fascist Racists

LOL, you really are entertaining. I won't even for any evidence of this, I know you enjoy living in your fairy tale world where everyone who disagrees with you must be a "racist fascist", but seriously, this lunacy of yours is really getting out of control.
  10. 09 Mar '10 18:43
    It must be respected?!
    yes. why not?
  11. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    09 Mar '10 18:54

Nobody's asking you to respect them or anything they have done, but thousands, maybe tens of thousands, evidently disagree. Mutual appreciation societies and their trinkets and baubles are ten-a-penny. Nothing to see here except lots and lots of people who hold different opinions to sensible old uther. People, eh?
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    09 Mar '10 19:02
    Originally posted by DrKF
    Nobody's asking you to respect them or anything they have done, but thousands, maybe tens of thousands, evidently disagree. Mutual appreciation societies and their trinkets and baubles are ten-a-penny. Nothing to see here except lots and lots of people who hold different opinions to sensible old uther. People, eh?
    Of course.

It would be nice, though, if the President would say something negative about his pastor's willingly associating with an anti-Semitic hatemongering lunatic like Farakhan.

Oh, I suppose he's already repudiated Wright, so maybe he doesn't need to do so again. But it would be comforting just the same, in light of his support for Wright up until the time he made a buffoon out of himself at that press conference.
  13. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    09 Mar '10 19:13
    Originally posted by sh76
    Of course.

It would be nice, though, if the President would say something negative about his pastor's willingly associating with an anti-Semitic hatemongering lunatic like Farakhan.

Oh, I suppose he's already repudiated Wright, so maybe he doesn't need to do so again. But it would be comforting just the same, in light of his support for Wright up until the time he made a buffoon out of himself at that press conference.
    No argument from me there - I despise Farakhan and his politics, and Obama would do well further to distance himself from Wright, both politically and simply because some of Wright's views seem obnoxious. (The question of whether a further repudiation would suffice is another question, of course.)
  14. 09 Mar '10 19:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Of course.

This was his repudiation ,

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

Rev. Wright married Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope."

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/DemocraticDebate/story?id=4443788&page=1
  15. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    09 Mar '10 19:19
    This was his repudiation ,

In a campaign appearance earlier this month,[b] Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with,"
    telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

Rev. Wright married Oba ...[text shortened]... city of Hope."

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/DemocraticDebate/story?id=4443788&page=1[/b]
    Correct me if I'm wrong; but wasn't that before the circus press conference? IIRC, there was a stronger renunciation afterwards.