Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 21 May '15 18:25
    This Sumner Redstone chap has two girlfriends. Take a look at the picture and tell me if you think they are going out with him for love or money? Of course it could be both, the love of money, but I'd count that as money.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sumner-redstones-two-girlfriends-throwing-796971
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    21 May '15 18:37 / 1 edit
    These women seem older than say, Hugh Hefner's girlfriends. These women may have known him when he was younger and healthier, and could very well have had a genuine love for him. If they were 20-year-olds, I'd say money. But these women appear to be around 50. Assuming that they've known him prior to his health declining, this may be the real thing.

EDIT: i just read that his ex-girlfriend is 50, and the current one is 43. But then again, I just read that he is 92. So it's probably money.
  3. 21 May '15 19:17
    Originally posted by Eladar
    This Sumner Redstone chap has two girlfriends. Take a look at the picture and tell me if you think they are going out with him for love or money? Of course it could be both, the love of money, but I'd count that as money.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sumner-redstones-two-girlfriends-throwing-796971
    Maybe they are the twosome.
  4. 23 May '15 08:31

As British journalist Julie Burchill once said, “Wherever there are rich men trying not to feel old, there will be young girls trying not to feel poor.”
  5. 23 May '15 16:12
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    As British journalist Julie Burchill once said, “Wherever there are rich men trying not to feel old, there will be young girls trying not to feel poor.”
    I'd replace "trying not to feel old" with "wanting to have sex".
  6. 27 May '15 00:35
    I'd replace "trying not to feel old" with "wanting to have sex".
    I like the subtlety of the original better.
  7. 27 May '15 02:26
    Originally posted by Teinosuke to Eladar
    Ah, Julie Burchill! What may be said about her? Self-described 'militant feminist', etc.
    I shall let the ethnocentric right-wing Americans remain in blissful ignorance.

"If Burchill is famous for anything, it is for being Julie Burchill ... the outrageously
    outspoken writer who has an iconoclastic, usually offensive, view of everything."
    --John Arlidge (2002)

There are many political women writing outspokenly enough to shock, presumably,
    the overwhelming majority of the conservative men in this forum.
  8. 27 May '15 15:06
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I like the subtlety of the original better.
    Yeah, but I prefer the blatant truth.

Women who want rich men are no more than prostitutes.
  9. 27 May '15 15:28

And how about all those men who marry eye candy, women young enough to be their daughters or even grand daughters? Exactly what do you call them? Are they pedophiles?
  10. 27 May '15 15:32
    Originally posted by Phranny
    And how about all those men who marry eye candy, women young enough to be their daughters or even grand daughters? Exactly what do you call them? Are they pedophiles?
    You mean what do you call guys who marry women they are physically attracted to and actually have feelings for?

I call them normal and not prostitutes. If they are getting their women because they have money, then they would be called "Johns".
  11. 27 May '15 15:36

A hefty dose of misogyny with a topping of envy. Very nice. At least it's a change to your usual hate-filled racist and xenophobic ranting.
  12. 27 May '15 15:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    A hefty dose of misogyny with a topping of envy. Very nice. At least it's a change to your usual hate-filled racist and xenophobic ranting.
    You are so blind, but I suppose being raised in Europe it is what is to be expected.

Four legs good, two legs better!

How do you side step the truth? Oh yeah, personal attacks. Typical liberal trash.
  13. 27 May '15 16:02 / 1 edit
    You mean what do you call guys who marry women they are physically attracted to and actually have feelings for?

I call them normal and not prostitutes. If they are getting their women because they have money, then they would be called "Johns".
    You seem to assume all women who wed men wealthier then they are out for money, and have no attraction or feelings for the men while men who marry women young enough to be their daughters or grand daughters are doing so because they they are physically attracted to their appearance and have feeling for them. My point is, people wed for a wide range of reasons. Among consenting adults it is no one's business except the couple.
  14. 27 May '15 16:13
    Originally posted by Phranny
    You seem to assume all women who wed men wealthier then they are out for money, and have no attraction or feelings for the men while men who marry women young enough to be their daughters or grand daughters are doing so because they they are physically attracted to their appearance and have feeling for them. My point is, people wed for a wide range of reasons. Among consenting adults it is no one's business except the couple.
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying that it is not unusual and that these women are simply prostitutes and should be treated accordingly.
  15. 27 May '15 17:46
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying that it is not unusual and that these women are simply prostitutes and should be treated accordingly.
    How do you think prostitutes should be treated?