Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 22:03
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    ( Here is most of the text from that link. )

Thorbjorn Jagland, chairman of the Nobel Peace Prize Committee, said today that President Obama “really ought to consider” returning his Nobel Peace Prize Medal immediately, including the “really nice” case it came in.

Jagland, flanked by the other four members of the Committee, said they’d never before ...[text shortened]... then excused themselves to resume their celebration of Norway’s annual aquavit-tasting festival.
    That reads like an Onion article.

Fake news (or satire).
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 01:281 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    That reads like an Onion article.

Fake news (or satire).
    They definitely know how to take a little bit of info and make the most of it. But I don't know why anyone capable of believing the New York times (or any other lame stream media outlet) would be incapable of believing the story I posted... one sided gullibility imo is not true gullibility.

By the way, do you think the picture was fake?
    (hands cupped over a females breasts)
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 02:581 edit
    They definitely know how to take a little bit of info and make the most of it. But I don't know why anyone capable of believing the New York times (or any other lame stream media outlet) would be incapable of believing the story I posted... one sided gullibility imo is not true gullibility.
    If you're having trouble reading the Times, try the Post. They use shorter words.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 04:591 edit

By the way, do you think the picture was fake?
    (hands cupped over a females breasts)
    If you couldn't tell that article was satire, you must be an borderline idiot. Return the "nice case" the prize came in? A Norwegian aquavit tasting festival?

Seriously who ties your shoes for you?
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 05:19
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Dude!
    You're five for five!
    You got all five wrong!
    ~whoa~
    So... flat earth, no global warming, fairies exist, no gravity... and now the moon landings were faked...

A whole new world is opening up for me!

Did WW2 happen or was that communist propaganda?
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 05:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If you couldn't tell that article was satire, you must be an borderline idiot. Return the "nice case" the prize came in? A Norwegian aquavit tasting festival?

Seriously who ties your shoes for you?
    Where did I say it wasn't satire?

Obama was nominated for the peace prize a mere 11days into his presidency... just for fun see if you can digest this and tie your own shoes at the same time.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 05:53
    Where did I say it wasn't satire?

Obama was nominated for the peace prize a mere 11days into his presidency... just for fun see if you can digest this and tie your own shoes at the same time.
    LMAO! It's a little late to pretend you knew it was satire.

No one cares about the prize awarded Obama in 2009.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 06:12
    LMAO! It's a little late to pretend you knew it was satire.

It's a little late for you to pretend you don't know what the satire was lampooning. So if you knew it was satire, then who (or what) do you think the piece was satirizing?

LMAO!! Okay, so apparently you do know what was being satirized.

you crack me up
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 07:14
    It would seem to me, that if it was satire, it wasn't very good satire.

To be expected though. The right-wing never really produces good comedians. Or anything remotely creative, when you think about.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 07:261 edit
    Left wingers are notoriously slow when it comes to recognizing they are the ones being lampooned.

As you can plainly see I'm not speaking to anyone in particular...
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 08:281 edit
    It's a little late for you to pretend you don't know what the satire was lampooning. So if you knew it was satire, then who (or what) do you think the piece was satirizing?

[b]No one cares about the prize awarded Obama in 2009.

you crack me up[/b]
    Considering who writes for Final Edition, it's reasonably obvious what was being poked fun at was the outrage directed at Obama winning the Nobel Prize. That's mocking idiots like yourself, making you using it as a vehicle to complain about Obama winning the Nobel Prize even funnier.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 09:15
    Considering who writes for Final Edition, it's reasonably obvious what was being poked fun at was the outrage directed at Obama winning the Nobel Prize. That's mocking idiots like yourself, making you using it as a vehicle to complain about Obama winning the Nobel Prize even funnier.
    Ah, so now he goes from not recognizing it was satire to recognizing it was satire but not realizing he was the target of the lampoon all along.
    You're, like, an amazing mind reader!
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 09:31
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    So... flat earth, no global warming, fairies exist, no gravity... and now the moon landings were faked...

A whole new world is opening up for me!

Did WW2 happen or was that communist propaganda?
    You've been given the primer but you seem more obliged to eat the paint chips.
    Let's review.
    Again.

No globe earth.

Earth goes through multiple, wide-impacting climateReveal Hidden Content
    that means weather, don'tchaknow
    changes every year, let alone over the course of decades and centuries.
    With as far off as the 'real, super-duper, no-foolin-they're-the-real-deal' climate scientists/alarmists have been so completely off the mark in their dire predictions, it is a wonder anyone still falls for their snake oil charms.
    Since the turn of the LAST century, the sky has been falling... and yet there it sits.
    Nearly 500 days past the 500 day deadline for catastrophic climate chaos: we better do something--- and quick--- or we're going to run out of slogans!

Fairies do not exist; at least, none have been established as of this point.

No, not NOW the moon landings were faked.
    THEN the moon landings were faked.
    We were fly back in the 60's, able to send man to the moon with the staggering and nearly mind-blowing power of a pocket calculator, duct tape and sheer manly grit.
    Of course, despite ALL of our technological break-thru's since then, we haven't returned.
    Not even once.
    Oh well: been there done that, right?
  14. Germany
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 09:40

[b]No one cares about the prize awarded Obama in 2009.

you crack me up[/b]
    Your attempts at salvaging the situation are more embarrassing than the initial mistake. Man up, admit your mistake, learn from it and move on.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 10:021 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Your attempts at salvaging the situation are more embarrassing than the initial mistake. Man up, admit your mistake, learn from it and move on.
    What a cute little monkey you are, following your buddy's errant path!
    The article is CLEARLY tongue-in-cheek, with only the format following anything remotely 'newsy.'
    Yet you and numbnuts jump ALL OVER it as though anyone thought the committee was seriously contemplating asking Obama to return the prize.
    There have been a dozen or so people whose actions were inconsistent with the stated objectives for the prize over the last hundred or so years, and BHO is def one of those people.
    He had done literally NOTHING prior to receiving the award, and admitted as such himself.
    At the time, the New York Times said:

It was a reminder of the gap between the ambitious promise of his words and his accomplishments.