Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 01 Oct '10 18:51
    This is an example of what happens under Sharia law which is called for in the UK and other European countries by many 'moderate' muslims, so beloved by FMF and other Islamophiles on this forum.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/indonesia/8037264/Indonesian-women-caned-for-selling-food-during-Muslim-festival-of-Ramadan.html
  2. 01 Oct '10 18:55
    Gee whiz.
  3. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    01 Oct '10 19:01
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    This is an example of what happens under Sharia law which is called for in the UK and other European countries by many 'moderate' muslims, so beloved by FMF and other Islamophiles on this forum.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/indonesia/8037264/Indonesian-women-caned-for-selling-food-during-Muslim-festival-of-Ramadan.html
    I don't think FMF or anyone else on these forums has ever called for the implementation of sharia law in the manner you suggest. I don't think it is, or ever will be, on the agenda. What's more, I think you know that perfectly well.

I think you know - and if you do not, you should - that sharia law is already used exclusively as a court of arbitration for civil matters, in exactly the same way as are the Jewish Beth Din courts. In fact, as they are exclusively arbitration courts, they resemble other, secular, binding arbitration tribunals, whose rulings are binding provided the parties in the dispute agree to give it the power to rule on their case.

Educate yourself here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/23/contents
  4. 01 Oct '10 19:35
    Originally posted by DrKF
    I don't think FMF or anyone else on these forums has ever called for the implementation of sharia law in the manner you suggest. I don't think it is, or ever will be, on the agenda. What's more, I think you know that perfectly well.

I think you know - and if you do not, you should - that sharia law is already used exclusively as a court of arbitration ...[text shortened]... heir case[/i].

Educate yourself here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/23/contents
    Again you are confused and miss the point, which is NOT that you and others on this forum have ever called for the application of Sharia law but that many so called 'moderate'(non-terrorist) muslims resident in the UK and elsewhere in Europe do so.
    Read more carefully before metaphorically shoooting your mouth off.
  5. 01 Oct '10 19:45
    Again you are confused and miss the point, which is NOT that you and others on this forum have ever called for the application of Sharia law but that many so called 'moderate'(non-terrorist) muslims resident in the UK and elsewhere in Europe do so.
    About 5% of the Dutch population is muslim. It takes 0.67% of the vote to take a seat in parliament (proportional representation). A Sharia Law Party does not exist. There is not even a muslim party represented in parliament. If a significant amount of muslims wanted Sharia law they'd have founded a Sharia Law Party by now with at least a single seat in parliament, don't you think?
  6. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    01 Oct '10 20:14 / 1 edit
    My apologies.

However, I'd take issue with your definition of 'moderate'. To my mind, being 'moderate' means accepting that sharia law will never become a full part of UK law (other than in the limited sense previously outlined). I'm sure you can dredge up some stories where (non-moderate, by any reasonable definition) Muslims call for the introduction of sharia, but many do not, in any meaningful way. Because most are actually moderate.
  7. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    02 Oct '10 09:34

I was in Turkey during Ramadan and it was a great time ... constantly being given sweets and treats after sunset... all the restaurants open. London is the same. Why trawl the internet looking for the most shocking applications of Islam?

And your link isnt really that shocking , its not that long ago that the Isle of Man was caning people for minor offences and the women in question got 2 strokes and 3 strokes.

More shocking is the fact that corporal punishment is allowed on children by parents.
  8. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    02 Oct '10 10:36
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    More shocking is the fact that corporal punishment is allowed on children by parents.
    *waiting for the children beaters*
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    02 Oct '10 17:12
    Anglos etc
  10. Standard member Dasa
    Dasa
    03 Oct '10 04:20
    Islam is a religion started by a meglamaniac, it is not a bonafide religion, because of many reasons, but the main one is that it doesnt speak out against animal slaughter, for the purpose of meat eating.

Any person serious about spiritual advancement, does not eat meat, or condone the slaughter of animals.

Practically on every second page of the koran, it says that the non muslims are going to be punished in hell....its all nonsense.
  11. 03 Oct '10 11:53
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Islam is a religion started by a meglamaniac, it is not a bonafide religion, because of many reasons, but the main one is that it doesnt speak out against animal slaughter, for the purpose of meat eating.

Any person serious about spiritual advancement, does not eat meat, or condone the slaughter of animals.

Practically on every second page of the koran, it says that the non muslims are going to be punished in hell....its all nonsense.
    The only difference between the fanatical brand of muslims and the 'moderates'
    so beloved by Islamophiles is that the latter fortunately do not act in accordance with the dictates of the Qur'an.
  12. 05 Oct '10 09:11
    The only difference between the fanatical brand of muslims and the 'moderates'
    so beloved by Islamophiles is that the latter fortunately do not act in accordance with the dictates of the Qur'an.
    yes, that's like saying the only difference between me and hitler is i don't hate the jews and/or want to kill them.

it is a big difference is it not? and there are other differences. and the moderates as you so call them simply pay no attention to some of the dictates of the qu'ran, interpret others differently than psychos who blow themselves up and fully follow others because they are muslims and the quran is not a "kill the infidels" book.
  13. 05 Oct '10 09:11
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

yeah, you're bonkers.