Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 08:47
    YouTube

This is a great piece on a crapstain shaped vaguely like a human, Gov Paul Lepage.

I can't in good conscience recommend you watch this. Gov Trump Beta version is a despicable human being and seeing him in a position of power is depressing.

What i would like you to see is from 7:17 of this clip where Sam Bee says the following: "Maine is a beautiful state full of good people. How did a majority of them vote for a racist Fred Flintstone?" (they didn't, the blob got less then 40% of the votes because the rest of them got split between a democrat and several independents)
    Does this give you cause for concern for november?
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 17:34
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB1bSJB3n10

This is a great piece on a crapstain shaped vaguely like a human, Gov Paul Lepage.

I can't in good conscience recommend you watch this. Gov Trump Beta version is a despicable human being and seeing him in a position of power is depressing.

What i would like you to see is from 7:17 of this clip where Sam ...[text shortened]... between a democrat and several independents)
    Gov Paul Lepage is a symptom of a larger problem. I'd place most of the blame for this situation on the idiot voters that put him in office in the 1st place. As I said in an earlier post: We have seen the enemy, and it is us. 😞
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 18:46
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB1bSJB3n10

What i would like you to see is from 7:17 of this clip where Sam ...[text shortened]... between a democrat and several independents)
    I met LePage a few years back. I was touring the Maine state capitol with a group (yes, I like doing that sort of thing) and LePage was there with his entourage (or bodyguards or whatever) to sign or veto a bill or speak to the legislature or something (he has an office in the capitol building but has his residence and main office across the street). He stopped to have a 5 minute chat with the people on the tour. He was funny and clever and couldn't have been nicer. He's a nut job but I could tell instantly what the people of Maine like about him. He says whatever is on his mind and talks like he's on an Internet forum. He just doesn't care what you think of him. That probably appeals to the independent minded people of Maine. He'd probably do well in New Hampshire too.

While he and Trump are somewhat similar in their public personas, LePage is much smarter and is better at governing than Trump would be,
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 20:26
    Originally posted by sh76
    I met LePage a few years back. I was touring the Maine state capitol with a group (yes, I like doing that sort of thing) and LePage was there with his entourage (or bodyguards or whatever) to sign or veto a bill or speak to the legislature or something (he has an office in the capitol building but has his residence and main office across the street). He stopped ...[text shortened]... in their public personas, LePage is much smarter and is better at governing than Trump would be,
    "He says whatever is on his mind and talks like he's on an Internet forum."
    this again.

speaking whatever is on your mind is NOT a good thing especially if what is on your mind is racism. at least some self control is needed

"That probably appeals to the independent minded people of Maine."
    the independents voted for someone else