Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19253
    27 Mar '18 22:16
    There was going to be a debate between a pro second amendment Parkland student, Kushov, and the now rather famous media darling Cameron Kasky concerning gun control but, rather predictably, the weaker side in the aruument has backed out:

    On Monday, student gun control activist Cameron Kasky backed out of a debate on the issue with pro-Second Amendment student Kyle Kashuv because he claims that Kashuv made a "personal" attack.

    After initially agreeing to debate Kashuv, Kasky tweeted his rationale for backing out:

    "Kyle, I’ve enjoyed my discussion about gun laws with you so far, but after seeing this, I think I’m out. For personal reasons. I disagree on certain policies with some family members of some victims, but I never go after them, especially not like this. This is low."


    https://www.dailywire.com/news/28710/parkland-student-backs-out-debate-pro-2a-student-ryan-saavedra?amp&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro&__twitter_impression=true

    Kasky couldn't hope to really have a good debate because the second amendment is, indeed, a historical right, and, morever, linking gun possession with violence is near impossible.

    It is, of course, also worth noting that there is more information rising to the surface on just how mentally damaged Cruz was.

    As Kushov has pointed out before, the real people responsible for this tragedy are the Broward police.
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39949
    27 Mar '18 22:53
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    There was going to be a debate between a pro second amendment Parkland student, Kushov, and the now rather famous media darling Cameron Kasky concerning gun control but, rather predictably, the weaker side in the aruument has backed out:

    [quote] On Monday, student gun control activist Cameron Kasky backed out of a debate on the issue with pro-Second A ...[text shortened]... hov has pointed out before, the real people responsible for this tragedy are the Broward police.
    Gee, how can you live in such a tyrannical country:

    Guns for hunting or target practice must be registered and kept at a local police station. Even biathletes couldn’t bring their rifles to their rooms and had to place them in a guarded warehouse, unlike previous Olympics.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    South Korea, which has fewer guns per capita than any developed nation, has about 510,000 registered guns compared to about 300 million in the United States, which leads developed nations in gun ownership.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Most police don’t carry sidearms, and few citizens can legally possess guns. The U.S. State Department notes in its travel advisory for Americans that crimes involving guns are uncommon because of the stringent gun laws.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/winter-olympics-2018/2018/02/18/winter-olympics-south-korea-tough-gun-laws-mass-shooting/349138002/

    Shouldn't you be out protesting these misguided policies in your hometown?
  3. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19253
    28 Mar '18 02:15
    There is no precedent for gun ownership in South Korea.

    This is also a country where people were tortured & murdered in the 70s & 80s for their political viewpoints.

    But still, I am a moderate on the "2nd amendment." I do not think it is best to introduce guns to a society which does not have them. I do not advise that this would make things universally better.

    However, I endorse the 2nd amendment because confiscating guns from 70 million Americans is a ridiculous idea, and it won't solve the problems that Democrats claim that it will solve.

    Does that help clarify my position?
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39949
    28 Mar '18 02:27
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    There is no precedent for gun ownership in South Korea.

    This is also a country where people were tortured & murdered in the 70s & 80s for their political viewpoints.

    But still, I am a moderate on the "2nd amendment." I do not think it is best to introduce guns to a society which does not have them. I do not advise that this would make things univ ...[text shortened]... ve the problems that Democrats claim that it will solve.

    Does that help clarify my position?
    It clarifies that you are willing to lie as no Democrat has ever proposed "confiscating guns from 70 million Americans" as you well know.
  5. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19253
    28 Mar '18 04:50
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    It clarifies that you are willing to lie as no Democrat has ever proposed "confiscating guns from 70 million Americans" as you well know.
    If the end goal isn't removing all guns, then what is it?

    You act like I cannot see the distant intention.

    ... Or do you guys really think that by banning certain "semi-automatics" you will prevent this kind of stuff? In which case that is very naive.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56242
    28 Mar '18 05:54
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    There was going to be a debate between a pro second amendment Parkland student, Kushov, and the now rather famous media darling Cameron Kasky concerning gun control but, rather predictably, the weaker side in the aruument has backed out:

    [quote] On Monday, student gun control activist Cameron Kasky backed out of a debate on the issue with pro-Second A ...[text shortened]... hov has pointed out before, the real people responsible for this tragedy are the Broward police.
    Yeah, linking owning a gun to using it to kill 17 people is nigh on impossible.

    He may have shot them with his eyes.
  7. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19253
    28 Mar '18 05:59
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Yeah, linking owning a gun to using it to kill 17 people is nigh on impossible.

    He may have shot them with his eyes.
    How many of the 70 million gun owners in the US kill someone every year?
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56242
    28 Mar '18 06:03
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    How many of the 70 million gun owners in the US kill someone every year?
    How many people without guns shoot people each day?
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14639
    28 Mar '18 08:51
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    How many of the 70 million gun owners in the US kill someone every year?
    Too many.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    28 Mar '18 09:04
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    How many of the 70 million gun owners in the US kill someone every year?
    I hope none of them kill someone every year.
    Although anything is possible in US.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7276
    28 Mar '18 20:40
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    How many of the 70 million gun owners in the US kill someone every year?
    More than in any other Western country, by roughly an order of magnitude.
  12. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    28 Mar '18 21:02
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59 to Philokalia
    I hope none of them kill someone every year.
    Although anything is possible in US.
    From a statistical perspective, if most American gun owners killed 'someone every year',
    then the American 'gun control debate' would become moot because the Americans
    would soon wipe out one another while celebrating their glorious 'gun freedom'.
  13. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22027
    28 Mar '18 21:29
    It's fruitless to argue with them.
    Eventually, mind-blinded gunsters will die out, kill each other off and/or get kicked out of office.
    We continue to hope that those on the NRA "take" will reap the whirlwind in November.

    The unfortunate question: How many more innocent lives will be lost before this epidemic is over?
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81223
    28 Mar '18 21:38
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    It's fruitless to argue with them.
    Eventually, mind-blinded gunsters will die out, kill each other off and/or get kicked out of office.
    We continue to hope that those on the NRA "take" will reap the whirlwind in November.

    The unfortunate question: How many more innocent lives will be lost before this epidemic is over?
    I have an idea, lets perform an experiment. Say we ban guns in a large metropolitan area, say Chicago, and see how that works out first. What you think?
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    28 Mar '18 22:42
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    ... Or do you guys really think that by banning certain "semi-automatics" you will prevent this kind of stuff? In which case that is very naive.
    Banning assault rifles won't stop all attacks, but it will indeed prevent some. The problem is that the longer we wait to ban those weapons, the longer it'll take for such a ban to work. Had we banned assault rifles in the 50's, they wouldn't be anywhere near the menace they are now in this day and age.
Back to Top