Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    04 Jan '13 15:46
    Hey libboes - pay attention. This is what a national hero sounds like.

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime.

You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Joshua Boston

Cpl, United States Marine Corps

2004-2012
  2. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    04 Jan '13 15:49
    Originally posted by sasquatch672

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed pro ...[text shortened]... you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Joshua Boston

2004-2012
    Wow...that brought tears to my eyes! I'm going out right now and buy a gun for America...maybe I'll paint it red white and blue while I'm at it!
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    04 Jan '13 17:17
    So you have no desire to punch Joshua Boston in the face?
  4. 04 Jan '13 17:27

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed pro ...[text shortened]... you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Joshua Boston

2004-2012
    ...I will not have some woman...

Way to reach out, Josh.
  5. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    04 Jan '13 17:30

Respectfully Submitted,

Joshua Boston

2004-2012
    Sounds more like a national whiner. Didn't he learn to obey rules and regulations in the Marines?

Why is anybody who even served in the military considered a "hero" now? Of course, the exception is any veteran who isn't right wing like John Kerry.
  6. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    04 Jan '13 17:36
    Originally posted by bill718
    Wow...that brought tears to my eyes! I'm going out right now and buy a gun for America...maybe I'll paint it red white and blue while I'm at it!
    You better stck to your Xbox and your coffee shops, boy. Wouldn't want you getting hurt now...
  7. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    04 Jan '13 17:50
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Sounds more like a national whiner. Didn't he learn to obey rules and regulations in the Marines?

Why is anybody who even served in the military considered a "hero" now? Of course, the exception is any veteran who isn't right wing like John Kerry.
    "...nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own..."

"You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15..."

Er. Whoops.

Dumb kids.
  8. 04 Jan '13 18:00

Respectfully Submitted,

Joshua Boston

2004-2012
    The biggest danger to any democracy, and any free citizen is the politicised soldier, Mr Boston should be dishonourably discharged, before He does the same to His weapons.
  9. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    04 Jan '13 18:04

Respectfully Submitted,

Joshua Boston

2004-2012
    I wonder if his car is registered. What do you think?
  10. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    04 Jan '13 18:16
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    The biggest danger to any democracy, and any free citizen is the politicised soldier, Mr Boston should be dishonourably discharged, before He does the same to His weapons.
    Sacked? For voicing his opinion?

Even soldiers have opinions -- right sasquatch?
  11. 04 Jan '13 18:34
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    Sacked? For voicing his opinion?

Even soldiers have opinions -- right sasquatch?
    A bit harsh you think?

He did not just voice an opinion, He penned an open letter challenging the rule of the democratically elected govt, He Has broken his covenant with the people He swore to defend.

He should make His civilian status official and leave others to defend His right to hold any opinions He likes.
  12. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    04 Jan '13 18:42
    A bit harsh you think?

He did not just voice an opinion, He penned an open letter challenging the rule of the democratically elected govt, He Has broken his covenant with the people He swore to defend.

He should make His civilian status official and leave others to defend His right to hold any opinions He likes.
    My guess is he's out. I got the impression that he's no longer active.
  13. 04 Jan '13 18:45
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I wonder if his car is registered. What do you think?
    If it's not, it definitely should be. Those things are killing machines. How about a law requiring manufacturers to install something which limits speeds to 25 miles an hour. This would save way more lives than limiting ammo types or magazine capacity. Why isn't senator fienstein pushing for this sensible legislation?
  14. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    04 Jan '13 19:53
    A bit harsh you think?

He didn't disobey a direct order or violate the chain of command. Civil disobedience is not confined to hippies at Berkeley. I don't see how he did a single thing wrong, even if he is still in the Marine Corps.
  15. 04 Jan '13 19:59
    He didn't disobey a direct order or violate the chain of command. Civil disobedience is not confined to hippies at Berkeley. I don't see how he did a single thing wrong, even if he is still in the Marine Corps.
    You be a good boy now Sasquatch and do what the nice lady says.

She'll come down to your house and she can have a photo opportunity
    with you handing over your M60 and your belts of bullets.

Sheriff Joe Biden will be proud of you.