Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 25 May '14 14:14
    So this kid goes out and starts shooting women because he can't get laid.

What extremist position do left wingers here hold, if any, when it comes to this tragedy?

1. All guns should be banned.

2. Sex is an entitlement. The government should see to it.

3. We should ban guns AND make sex an entitlement.
  2. 25 May '14 14:20
    In the interest of sparking a debate, I would like to say that lunatics are crazy.
  3. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    25 May '14 14:25
    Originally posted by whodey

What extremist position do left wingers here hold, if any, when it comes to this tragedy?

Explain me how hee could have shot the people without a weapon and you have won an argument.

To make Sex an entitlement would make a lot of young males very happy...
  4. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    25 May '14 14:45 / 1 edit

Guns will not be banned, no matter what the "left wingers" want. Americans love their guns, and they'll defend their right to kill a deer, no matter how many innocent people die of sensless gun violence. Over 30,000 people are killed or injured every year in America from guns, and neither the NRA or the gun owners care one little bit about these 30,000 people, all they care about is the rights of the baseball cap wearing Daniel Boon wannabes right can shoot a deer. This is the reality of guns in America, and it's not going to change.

How's that for an "extremist" view from a tree hugging, left wing, LIBERAL?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_gun_deaths_are_in_the_US_every_year
  5. 25 May '14 14:47
    He posted this on youtube just before his rampage, he was a sick puppy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIDGsz_8k_E
  6. 25 May '14 15:21

At least get the facts straight. There's a lefty idea for you; kinda extreme, I know, I know. I'll try to shape up.

Three of those he killed were male roommates who he stabbed. One other was hit by a car (gender not reported in the report I read, and whether by his car not reported, but likely, and could have been incidental to his evasive driving). Two females reported killed by gun. One he killed was himself.
  7. 25 May '14 15:36
    Originally posted by JS357
    At least get the facts straight. There's a lefty idea for you; kinda extreme, I know, I know. I'll try to shape up.

Three of those he killed were male roommates who he stabbed. One other was hit by a car (gender not reported in the report I read, and whether by his car not reported, but likely, and could have been incidental to his evasive driving). Two females reported killed by gun. One he killed was himself.
    Yeah stabbing 3 and running over 1 hardly qualifies as a "mass shooting".
  8. 25 May '14 15:47
    Originally posted by Krod Mandoon
    Yeah stabbing 3 and running over 1 hardly qualifies as a "mass shooting".
    Well there were 13 injured although I don't have the breakdown by gun/other.
  9. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    25 May '14 15:49
    C'mon you need your guns so that nasty King George won't come back and tax y'all without representation. If those founding fathers of yours heard you had handed in your guns they would be mad as hell with you. We don't have guns over here and we get taxed without representation all the time. That's why there's only about 100 billionaires in the UK and the City of London has lost all its money in a tax haven somewhere in the Caribbean. If we had guns we'd all be billionaires like you Americans. (Can I have a loan?)
  10. 25 May '14 16:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Explain me how hee could have shot the people without a weapon and you have won an argument.

To make Sex an entitlement would make a lot of young males very happy...
    Explain how banning guns will keep them off the streets.

I thought everyone here wanted to legalize such things as illegal drugs and such because prohibition does not work.
  11. 25 May '14 17:03

I thought everyone here wanted to legalize such things as illegal drugs and such because prohibition does not work.
    Prohibition of drugs does decrease consumption somewhat; the main argument in favour of legalizing drugs is that the drugs do less harm than criminalizing them does.
  12. 25 May '14 17:07
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Prohibition of drugs does decrease consumption somewhat; the main argument in favour of legalizing drugs is that the drugs do less harm than criminalizing them does.
    So you would rather have more people OD on drugs than getting shot selling them?

Hmm? The guns will still be around, more likely in the hands of desperate drug addicted individuals without a care in the world other than getting money for another hit.
  13. 25 May '14 17:09
    Exremism to me is outlawing things you don't like.

There seems to be a lot of that going around, not that our jails can hold anymore than they already do.
  14. 25 May '14 17:09

Man I love my guns I carry one all the time, lucky I live in a state that allows open and concealed carry with no permit required, just buy a gun, walk out the door with it, no waiting period, and stick it on your hip or under your coat.
    So cool.
  15. 25 May '14 17:15
    So you would rather have more people OD on drugs than getting shot selling them?

Hmm? The guns will still be around, more likely in the hands of desperate drug addicted individuals without a care in the world other than getting money for another hit.
    People ODing on drugs does not depend solely on the amount of people on drugs. Your characterization of drug users is laughable.