Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    24 Dec '09 13:51
    Seeing as I am going to be the regular poster here who will enter Christmas Day before the rest (about 3 hours from now), I shall start this New Thread.

    Seasonal greetings to all those who are wont to receive greetings in this particular season. Normal greetings and best wishes to those of you who don't. Happy Hannukah to those of you for whom it is Hannukah.

    May the debates continue to rage and rile in the months ahead. May any hard feelings that are sloshing around be put on hold for a few days in the spirit of peace and collectivism. And may any changes of mind that move you closer to the views that I personally espouse be expedited with alacrity in keeping with the spirit of Christmas
  2. 24 Dec '09 14:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Seeing as I am going to be the regular poster here who will enter Christmas Day before the rest (about 3 hours from now), I shall start this New Thread.

    Seasonal greetings to all those who are wont to receive greetings in this particular season. Normal greetings and best wishes to those of you who don't. Happy Hannukah to those of you for whom it is Hannuka ...[text shortened]... ws that I personally espouse be expedited with alacrity in keeping with the spirit of Christmas
    Best wishes to yourself too and all the others here whether you believe in Santa or not.
    (Although it's been Christmas here for over an hour now in sunny Melbourne).
    And best of luck to everyone for the coming year.
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    24 Dec '09 14:14
    Originally posted by The Snapper
    it's been Christmas here for over an hour now in sunny Melbourne
    Oops. Sorry forgot about Australia. My minds eye was scanning the globe and searching the memory for posters from Japan, Philippines, Fiji, Tonga, Pitcairn, Bikini Atoll and so on. As England aren't playing an Ashes series right now, Australia never entered my mind.
  4. 24 Dec '09 15:01
    Why is a Godless heathen wishing us a merry Christmas?
  5. 24 Dec '09 15:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Seeing as I am going to be the regular poster here who will enter Christmas Day before the rest (about 3 hours from now), I shall start this New Thread.

    Seasonal greetings to all those who are wont to receive greetings in this particular season. Normal greetings and best wishes to those of you who don't. Happy Hannukah to those of you for whom it is Hannuka ...[text shortened]... ws that I personally espouse be expedited with alacrity in keeping with the spirit of Christmas
    You forgot Quanza. Does this demonstrate some level of racial intolerance I wonder?

    Just kidding, Merry Christmas FMF!!
  6. 24 Dec '09 15:06
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Why is a Godless heathen wishing us a merry Christmas?
    Its because deep down this godless heathen knows better.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    24 Dec '09 15:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Seeing as I am going to be the regular poster here who will enter Christmas Day before the rest (about 3 hours from now), I shall start this New Thread.

    Seasonal greetings to all those who are wont to receive greetings in this particular season. Normal greetings and best wishes to those of you who don't. Happy Hannukah to those of you for whom it is Hannuka ...[text shortened]... ws that I personally espouse be expedited with alacrity in keeping with the spirit of Christmas
    Merry Christmas to you too and to everyone. (Hannukah ended a week ago, but who's counting? )

    Seasons greetings to all; religious, secular; Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, other, whatever; American, European, Asian, African, Latin American, Australian, Antarctican and people from that country to the north of the US with the mediocre Olympic hockey team, whose name escapes me at the moment.

    As I mark 2 years since joining RHP and almost a year since becoming a regular on this board, I continue to marvel at and appreciate the diversity of views we're exposed to on this board. I appreciate our differences and truly enjoy engagement with those from all different backgrounds and views.

    And that goes for all you liberal pinko commies, right wing facist nutjobs and panty wearing gutless fence sitters!
  8. 24 Dec '09 16:19
    Originally posted by sh76
    Merry Christmas to you too and to everyone. (Hannukah ended a week ago, but who's counting? )

    Seasons greetings to all; religious, secular; Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, other, whatever; American, European, Asian, African, Latin American, Australian, Antarctican and people from that country to the north of the US with the mediocre Olympic hockey team, ...[text shortened]... u liberal pinko commies, right wing facist nutjobs and panty wearing gutless fence sitters!
    "...and panty wearing gutless fence sitters! "

    Nice to add yourself in there sh76 ! JK
    Merry Christmas everybody (or whatever you choose to celebrate this time of year) and have a happy New year
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    24 Dec '09 16:54
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Nice to add yourself in there sh76 ! JK
    I thought FMF would be first with that remark. I guess you beat him to it.

    Happy New Year to you too!
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    24 Dec '09 16:58
    Originally posted by sh76
    I thought FMF would be first with that remark. I guess you beat him to it.
    I held back. I am a class act - when necessary.
  11. 24 Dec '09 17:32
    Originally posted by sh76
    And that goes for all you liberal pinko commies, right wing facist nutjobs and panty wearing gutless fence sitters! [/b]
    Right winged facist nutjobs? I don't know of any here, who exactly are you referring to?
  12. 24 Dec '09 17:41
    Originally posted by sh76

    And that goes for all you liberal pinko commies, right wing facist nutjobs and panty wearing gutless fence sitters!
    Hey now, just because I'm right wing doesn't make me a fascist!
  13. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    24 Dec '09 17:44
    I hope you all stuff your faces without getting ill, drink your fill without puking your guts out and keep all your fingers whilst setting off fireworks.

    Even though I hate the majority of you, I really would miss our little clashes.

    Be happy.
    Be safe.
  14. 24 Dec '09 17:52
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Hey now, just because I'm right wing doesn't make me a fascist!
    I beg to differ on that. Christofascist.
  15. 24 Dec '09 17:55
    As a Muslim, I would like to use this thread to officially declare a War on Christmas. We will storm Christian houses and churches, eat all the stocking stuffers before you, burn the trees, claim all the presents, sing carols off-key, send heathen missionaries to claim your old and weak, and do an aerial bombardment of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.

    Answer my call to arms! Together, we will destroy Christmas!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!