Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    16 Jan '18 23:14
    Just to be clear: I think the #metoo movement has a point.

And just to be even clearer: I’m generally considered a communist feminist, I find the sexual intimidation of anyone abhorrent and I believe women are 100% equal to men.

I’m not against positive discrimination and I truly accept that positions of power / authority should be a mirror of society.

But #metoo seems to think that justice by twitter on the subject of women / equal rights is their complete domain.
    Anyone bringing any form of nuance to the debate, disagreeing with it, or... in the case of Atwood... feels that due process is being denied is automatically verbally assaulted.

Is this behaviour by the twitterers a form of intimidation?

Should any serious media outlet or individual actually pay any attention to the twitter community?

It seems to me that twitterers get a lot of attention, compared to normal people.
    Am I calling them abnormal and should twitterers be executed for the safety of humanity and evolution?

Okay... sorry.. my personal hatred of the bastards reared its ugly head.

But seriously. Can Matt Damon, Meryl Streep and Margeret Atwood seriously be called “anti-woman”?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42708522

Margaret Atwood:
    She says she is concerned the University of British Columbia denied due process to professor and fellow author Steven Galloway, who first faced accusations of bullying and sexual harassment in 2015.

She added: "In times of extremes, extremists win. Their ideology becomes a religion, anyone who doesn't puppet their views is seen as an apostate, a heretic or a traitor, and moderates in the middle are annihilated."
  2. 16 Jan '18 23:56
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

And just to be even clearer: I’m generally considered a communist feminist, I find the sexual intimidation of anyone abhorrent and I believe women are 100% equal to men.

I’m not against positive discrimination and I truly accept that positions of power / authority should be a mirror of socie ...[text shortened]... ws is seen as an apostate, a heretic or a traitor, and moderates in the middle are annihilated."
    "Should any serious media outlet or individual actually pay any attention to the twitter community?"

NO!
  3. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    17 Jan '18 00:21
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    "Should any serious media outlet or individual actually pay any attention to the twitter community?"

NO!
    That's why only idiots pay attention to your chief twitter addicted President.
  4. 17 Jan '18 00:27 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @kingdavid403
    That's why only idiots pay attention to your chief twitter addicted President.
    LOL...what does you calling millions of people idiots say about you? This forum here is no different than twitter. The anonymity of the keyboard allows weaklings like you to say things you wouldn't have the nerve to say if your identity was known. That is not the case with Trump. He is known.
  5. 17 Jan '18 00:38
    The metoo movement of course started out with the best intentions, unfortunately because of human nature it has now been raped of its original meaning and should be ditched as quickly as possible.

Just like how people have robbed the word racism of its meaning, just like how rich people can't stop themselves from wanting to be richer, just like how it seems impossible for us to do anything in moderation, so people have taken this movement to its extremes and far beyond and have rendered it meaningless and the rear-end of a bad joke.

Well done, humans. You did it again.
  6. 17 Jan '18 00:49 / 2 edits
    I would not call Can Matt Damon, Meryl Streep and Margeret Atwood “anti-woman”. I would simply refer to them as money whores.

For you see, they were willing to do anything to cover for the likes of people like Harvey Weinstein because they liked his politics and loved his money and power that helped them.

These very same people then have the nerve to take the moral high ground against people like Trump?

For the record, I say that all of this came out to try and get at Trump. It was also to punish him for backing a loser in Hillary Clinton. I have no other idea why they would hide it for decades and now just come out about it.
  7. 17 Jan '18 01:03
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

I’m not against positive discrimination and I truly accept that positions of power / authority should be a mirror of socie ...[text shortened]... ws is seen as an apostate, a heretic or a traitor, and moderates in the middle are annihilated."
    Lets not forget to add Op[rah Winfrey to this crowd too. #SHEKNEW
  8. 17 Jan '18 03:10
    Lets not forget to add Op[rah Winfrey to this crowd too. #SHEKNEW
    The singer Seal revealed that Oprah knew all bout Harvey Weinerstein but did nothing.

Woopsie!

Lover of women? Nope, lover of money and political power.
  9. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    17 Jan '18 05:12
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I would not call Can Matt Damon, Meryl Streep and Margeret Atwood “anti-woman”. I would simply refer to them as money whores.

For you see, they were willing to do anything to cover for the likes of people like Harvey Weinstein because they liked his politics and loved his money and power that helped them.

These very same people then have the nerve t ...[text shortened]... linton. I have no other idea why they would hide it for decades and now just come out about it.
    I don’t think Streep or Atwood covered for Weinstein.
  10. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    17 Jan '18 07:17
    LOL...what does you calling millions of people idiots say about you? This forum here is no different than twitter. The anonymity of the keyboard allows weaklings like you to say things you wouldn't have the nerve to say if your identity was known. That is not the case with Trump. He is known.
    Max sympathy for Trump, the little guy, standing up to be counted even though how dangerous the act of being a little guy expressing themselves on the interwebs could be. Such a brave fellow.
  11. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    17 Jan '18 10:53
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The singer Seal revealed that Oprah knew all bout Harvey Weinerstein but did nothing.

Woopsie!

Lover of women? Nope, lover of money and political power.
    How was he able to "reveal" this? Did he also know something about Mr. Weinstein but did nothing himself?
  12. 17 Jan '18 14:41
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    The metoo movement of course started out with the best intentions, unfortunately because of human nature it has now been raped of its original meaning and should be ditched as quickly as possible.

Just like how people have robbed the word racism of its meaning, just like how rich people can't stop themselves from wanting to be richer, just like ho ...[text shortened]... rendered it meaningless and the rear-end of a bad joke.

Well done, humans. You did it again.
    that's a load of bull. the #metoo movement wasn't raped of anything. saying that is as stupid as saying that a few black people that claim to belong to BlackLivesMatter and then engaging in horrible acts have destroyed the movement and all should ditch it as soon as possible.

BLM is still a valid movement with clear goals that have nothing to do with violence.
    #Metoo is still a valid movement. TimesUp still is a valid movement.

Associating some bad examples with a movement is intellectually lazy.
  13. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    17 Jan '18 14:49
    The truth is, you are in the minority cult who calls the millions more than you, idiots, un-American, etc. etc. Seems to me, it is YOU who comes in here daily with your identity unknown; talking all big and bad because you can hide behind a keyboard even when you make yourself and your worthless President look like idiots. I have no problem voicing my opinion face to face and do as often as need be.
  14. 17 Jan '18 15:58
    Originally posted by @kingdavid403
    The truth is, you are in the minority cult who calls the millions more than you, idiots, un-American, etc. etc. Seems to me, it is YOU who comes in here daily with your identity unknown; talking all big and bad because you can hide behind a keyboard even when you make yourself and your worthless President look like idiots. I have no problem voicing my opinion face to face and do as often as need be.
    "The truth is, you are in the minority cult who calls the millions more than you, idiots, un-American, etc. etc."

Only problem with this statement is...that is what you done, not me.

" Seems to me, it is YOU who comes in here daily with your identity unknown; talking all big and bad because you can hide behind a keyboard even when you make yourself and your worthless President look like idiots."

Tell me...whose identity here is >known<?

" I have no problem voicing my opinion face to face and do as often as need be"

You must use magic...how exactly do you do that on this forum? Is there a feature I am unaware of?
  15. 17 Jan '18 16:01
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Max sympathy for Trump, the little guy, standing up to be counted even though how dangerous the act of being a little guy expressing themselves on the interwebs could be. Such a brave fellow.
    Yes, because his identity is known he is constantly attacked by unknowns like you...congratulations on your cowardice.