Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 09 Feb '18 13:40
    Great!

I'm all for it!

I envision a parade like the Macy's parade. I would have large inflatables hovering over head of people like Rocket Man and Putin, shirtless with hairy chest, of course.

This is going to be killer!

Can anyone find other ways to spend our money? We need to spend more ya know. Progs won't be happy till we are Venezuela.
  2. 09 Feb '18 14:00
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Great!

I'm all for it!

I envision a parade like the Macy's parade. I would have large inflatables hovering over head of people like Rocket Man and Putin, shirtless with hairy chest, of course.

Can anyone find other ways to spend our money? We need to spend more ya know. Progs won't be happy till we are Venezuela.
    are you stupid enough to somehow blame this idiocy on progressives? are you trolling?
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    09 Feb '18 14:00
    Great!

I'm all for it!

Is Trump a "prog" now, too?

Could you name a politician in the last 100 years or so who wasn't according to your unique definition?
  4. 09 Feb '18 14:07
    There's never anything wrong with honoring the soldiers of the nation.
  5. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    09 Feb '18 14:10
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    This has nothing to do with "honoring soldiers"; Trump saw a military parade in France and now like a 5 year old seeing Johnny next store with a new toy wants one too.
  6. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    09 Feb '18 14:27
    Oh, I’m all for this parade!
    Damn, Trump is like a comedic God.

I hope he wears one of those mad-hatter military dictator hats and has a nude Paul Ryan on all fours leashed beside him!

God damn... it’s too good to be true.
    All the American patriots lining the roads fist-fighting over if they’re saluting properly as McDonald killer clowns force feed hotdogs to flag waving republicans.

Bring it on America!
    You can do it better than North Korea!!!

Think of California girls in US flag bikinis riding those missiles like giant cigars!
  7. 09 Feb '18 14:27
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Is Trump a "prog" now, too?

Could you name a politician in the last 100 years or so who wasn't according to your unique definition?
    Progs love military parades. Look at France, they love them too.

Progs love military conquest. Just look at the track record. What would be funny is if Trump was the first President in about a 100 years not to start a war. If he does that, I say give him his damned parade!

Progs love war.
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    09 Feb '18 14:40 / 1 edit
    I've seen so much coverage of this damn story.

Who cares??

Yes parade. No parade. Who gives a damn?

So, Trump wants a parade. What's the big deal? The soldiers participating in it will drill for it. Drilling is what they do for a living. They march all the time. So they'll march down Massachusetts Avenue rather than on the West Point campus one day. So what?

Is the money what you're worried about? What? A few million dollars in preparation that will go into the hands of American service providers? That's what we're worried about?

Maybe they can even get Budweiser or Nike or Ford to sponsor the parade and make a net profit on it.
  9. 09 Feb '18 14:43
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    This has nothing to do with "honoring soldiers"; Trump saw a military parade in France and now like a 5 year old seeing Johnny next store with a new toy wants one too.
    Question is, why would Trump have been impressed by a French military parade? I mean, what is so impressive with a bunch of soldiers marching around holding a white flag?
  10. 09 Feb '18 14:58
    How the hell can the US be incapable of having a budget yet? How can it be incapable of providing homes for vets or healthcare?

Yet the lunatic in charge demands a several million military parade (because he saw the french have one and now he has to get a shinier one as well) and right now it seems he is going to get it?
  11. 09 Feb '18 15:00
    Question is, why would Drumpf have been impressed by a French military parade? I mean, what is so impressive with a bunch of soldiers marching around holding a white flag?
    No, that's not the question. Nor does anyone wonder how you can be this dumb.

The question is how one man has so much freakin power
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    09 Feb '18 15:01
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    I'd like to see us "honor our soldiers" by getting them out of the medieval blood feuds in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Bring them home and I'd support having a military parade to celebrate it.
  13. 09 Feb '18 15:08
    YouTube
    John Kennedy: "Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud"
  14. 09 Feb '18 15:18
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    How the hell can the US be incapable of having a budget yet? How can it be incapable of providing homes for vets or healthcare?
    Because that's how the colonial neo-aristocrats like Washington and Franklin wanted it.
  15. Standard member caissad4online
    Child of the Novelty
    09 Feb '18 16:42
    What would be funny is if Trump was the first President in about a 100 years not to start a war. If he does that, I say give him his damned parade!
    I do not believe Herbert Hoover or Jimmy Carter started a war.