Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 12:14
    White men on the rampage against women.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/opinion/when-misogynists-become-terrorists.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region
  2. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 13:08
    Originally posted by @phranny
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/opinion/when-misogynists-become-terrorists.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region
    Groups which advocate for the legalized rape of women? Losers!

Maybe women could organize a group for the legalized rape of rapists?
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 16:45
    The more important message is the liberals constantly trying to divide this nation.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 18:19
    There was a movie in the late 70's called, "Gay Ni**rs from Space". It's a comedy about 2 gay black guys that come to earth to save the planet from gendercide where the women have been taking over the planet....

Classic.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 19:022 edits
    'Misogenist' (to quote Phranny) is correctly spelled 'misogynist'.

As I recall, the American lawyer No1Marauder has argued that 'terrorism' must be defined
    as political in nature and/or a threat to the security of the state, not only to individuals.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/terrorism
    "the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes".

I note, however, that this definition says 'especially', but NOT 'exclusively', for 'political purposes'.

"Here’s the term we should all use instead: misogynist terrorism'."
    --Jessica Valenti

In the interest of factual accuracy, men were MOST (when will HandyAndy start absurdly
    trolling me again about what 'most' means?) of the victims killed by Elliott Rodger, a misogynist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Isla_Vista_killings

Elliott Rodger killed these four men and two women:
    George Chen (19)
    Cheng Yuan "James" Hong (20)
    Weihan "David" Wang (20)
    Christopher Ross Michaels-Martinez (20)
    Katherine Breann Cooper (22)
    Veronika Elizabeth Weiss (19)

The mainstream US media--including the White Feminist media--have focused upon the
    murders of the two young white women (the US media's most fashionable kind of victim)
    while showing less concern for the murders of four (usually politically marginalized) men.
    Three of these men were of Chinese heritage (Chinese Americans have hardly any influence
    in US politics or media) and the other man apparently was at least partly of Hispanic heritage.
    So, on the face of it, one could argue that there could also be a 'racial' motive to the murders.
    (Would the four male victims have received more sympathy if they all had been white?)

In my view (though it goes against US political realities) all six young murder victims
    should be mourned equally and their lives be assumed to be of equal importance.
    But the US media routinely expresses more concern about the young white women.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

"Missing white woman syndrome is a phenomenon noted by social scientists[1][2][3] and
    media commentators of the extensive media coverage, especially in television, of missing person
    cases involving young, white, upper middle class women or girls. ... The phenomenon is
    defined as the media's undue focus on upper-middle-class white women who disappear,
    with the *disproportionate degree of coverage* they receive being compared to cases of
    missing men, or women of color and of lower social classes.[6][7] Although the term was
    coined to describe disproportionate coverage of missing person cases, it is sometimes
    used to describe the disparity in news coverage of other violent crimes."

"Charlton McIlwain, a professor at New York University, defines the syndrome as
    WHITE WOMEN PERPETUALLY OCCUPYING A PRIVILEGED ROLE AS VIOLENT CRIME
    VICTIMS IN NEWS MEDIA REPORTING and concludes that missing white woman
    syndrome functions as a type of racial hierarchy in the cultural imagery of the West.[8]
    Professor Eduardo Bonilla-Silva categorizes the racial component of missing white woman
    syndrome as a form of racial grammar, through which white supremacy is normalized by
    implicit or even invisible standards."

Why should the white-dominated media fetishize violent crimes against affluent young white women
    (particularly if considered attractive) and give them much more attention than similar crimes
    against other kinds of victims?
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 21:40
    Originally posted by @duchess64

As I recall, the American lawyer No1Marauder has argued that 'terrorism' must be defined
    as political in nature and/or a threat to the security of the state, not only to individuals.

"the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce ...[text shortened]... tractive) and give them much more attention than similar crimes
    This post by Duchess64, like most of her posts in this forum -- and by "most" I mean "almost all" and
    not just "slightly more than half" -- is meant not to impart information or to share a viewpoint, but to
    level insults and to denigrate other members of Red Hot Pawn. It's here to give her a cheap thrill.
  7. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 22:07
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    This post by Duchess64, like most of her posts in this forum -- and by "most" I mean "almost all" and
    not just "slightly more than half" -- is meant not to impart information or to share a viewpoint, but to
    level insults and to denigrate other members of Red Hot Pawn. It's here to give her a cheap thrill.
    She lost me at the words "all white men are racists".

Which is as absurd as saying "all oriental women hate white men".
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 02:132 edits

"the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce ...[text shortened]... tractive) and give them much more attention than similar crimes
    You do no favors to feminism when you slam other feminists for their writing just because they don't make racism the entirety of their focus on sexism. It does no good for feminism to shout down women writing about blatant sexist bastards for no reason other than they didn't talk about how worse non-white women have it. No woman needs you to claim that the concerns of non-white women should always take the forefront of ANY discussion about feminism.

And before you begin, please don't claim that my focus on ALL women, and not JUST non-white women, somehow makes me a "White Feminist". It does not, and only shows, again, how little you know me.

Did you even read the article before launching into yet another rant against feminists who happen to be white?

Apparently not, because nowhere in this article did I get the feeling that the author was addressing only white women. Out of the 10 dead and 24 wounded on that Toronto street, authorities said that the victims were "predominantly women". Not non-white women, not white women. Just women. The article went on to talk about a growing trend towards terrorism against women. Not white women, not non-white women. Just women. But God forbid you have any feelings for that. You focus your hate that non-white women's issues weren't focused on exclusively. Amazingly enough, and I know this hurts you to your core, in an article about sexism, the focus was not on racism, but sexism.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 02:50
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    The abusive lying troll HandyAndy has a long record of hurling insults
    and lies to attack me personally. Like most white American men,
    HandyAndy also may be motivated to deny or minimize racism or sexism.
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 02:52
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    She lost me at the words "all white men are racists".

Which is as absurd as saying "all oriental women hate white men".
    Can the lying racist troll Wolfe63 QUOTE where I allegedly wrote
    "All white men are racists" (the words he put into my mouth)?
  11. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 02:57
    From the article:
    "Minutes before his attack, he posted a message on Facebook lauding the mass murderer Elliot O. Rodger and warned of an “incel rebellion” — a reference to an online community of “involuntarily celibate” men who believe women unjustly deny them sex."

An online community of men who feel they are unjustly denied sex???
    Is this really a thing? Does that community exist?

Why don't they just say to their partner: "Darling, it was good whilst it lasted, but hey... I wanna have sex. So goodbye."
    And go find someone else to hang out with?

Or are these men who can't get partners? They feel that all women deny them sex?
    Perhaps they should shower or something? What sort of man admits to not being able to seduce women?
    And aren't there places where you can pay for sex and like...uh... have sex, even if they're as old and ugly as Trump?
    Obviously, if anyone should do that, they should make sure the sex workers they visit are unionized! You don't want your sweat-spent dollars feeding a pimp, instead of the sex worker.

What craziness must I read next!
  12. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 03:04
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/25/raw-hatred-why-incel-movement-targets-terrorises-women

Holy sweet Jesus and Mary mother of God.
    Why the hell did I even start reading this thread.

Standing for “involuntarily celibate”, the term was originally invented 20 years ago by a woman known only as Alana, who coined the term as a name for an online support forum for singles, basically a lonely hearts club. “It feels like being the scientist who figured out nuclear fission and then discovers it’s being used as a weapon for war,” she says, describing the feeling of watching it mutate into a Reddit muster point for violent misogyny.

It is part of the “manosphere”, but is distinguished from men’s rights activism by what Wendling – who is also the editor of BBC Trending, the broadcaster’s social media investigation unit – calls its “raw hatred. It is vile. It is just incredibly unhinged and separate from reality and completely raw.” It has some crossover with white supremacism, in the sense that its adherents hang out in the same online spaces and share some of the same terminology, but it is quite distinctive in its hate figures: Stacys (attractive women); Chads (attractive men); and Normies (people who aren’t incels, ie can find partners but aren’t necessarily attractive). Basically, incels cannot get laid and they violently loathe anyone who can.

I am flabbergasted. Seriously.
    There is no more hope for humanity.
    I have never, ever, heard of this group of people before!

How many more hate-filled gaggles of niche moronity are there out there??

One part of me really doesn't want to know.
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 03:352 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You do no favors to feminism when you slam other feminists for their writing just because they don't make racism the entirety of their focus on sexism. It does no good for feminism to shout down women writing about blatant sexist bastards for no reason other than they didn't talk about how worse non-white women have it. No woman needs you to claim that t ...[text shortened]... is hurts you to your core, in an article about sexism, the focus was not on racism, but sexism.
    First of all, the White Feminist Suxianne already has quite a record of
    lying tirelessly about why I condemn her White Feminist beliefs.
    Suzanne loves to reiterate the LIE that I criticize her or any other woman
    just for being white rather than for expressing racist White Feminist views.
    Suzanne prefers to ignore my citing some white women who condemn White Feminism.

I already know that the arrogant White Feminist Suzianne loves to regard
    White Feminists as above criticism. As a privileged white woman,
    Suzanne would be expectef--like other White Feminists--to assign
    much more value to the lives or deaths of two privileged white women
    than to the lives or deaths of three or four non-Awhite men.
    In particular, the three young Chinese American men murdered by
    Elliott Rodger can be easily written off by white Americans as "collateral
    damage", whose lives have no value in terms of US racial politics.
    When I have cited the extraordinarily lenient sentence (no time in prison,
    fines of about 3000 USD) given by a white judge to the white men
    convicted of killing Vincent Chin, not even one white person here
    expressed any criticism of this sentence.

White Feminists like Suzanne should stop being so arrogant that they
    tell us non-white women what's supposed to be best for feminism or all women.
    We do NOT need the 'advice' (sarcasm) of superior White Feminists
    to decide what's in our best interests as intersectional feminists.
    White Feminists have a poor record of listening to or respecting us.

Among her fellow white Americans, Suzanne may find it easy to congratulate
    young white Americans on their supposed absence of racism.
    But non-white people know that taking the first few steps away from
    racism does not mean that the journey's close to being complete.
    White people have much more painful work to do in order to overcome
    their deep racism. Only a few white people (such as Jamie Utt) seem
    to have enough self-critical honesty even to start that kind of work.

In an earlier post (which Suzanne apparently ignored as usual), I quoted
    a Black Feminist sharply criticizing the arrogant dishonesty, hypocrisy,
    and self-serving racism of White Feminists (like Suzanne).
    She concluded with "Dust to liberal White Feminism".

She's right in believing that White Feminism does NOT aim for the
    liberation of non-white women from racism, which privileges white women.
    White Feminism aims instead to raise white women to the same
    position of power that white men already have over non-white women.

Contrary to her arrogant pretension of having White Feminism speak
    for all women, Suzanne may fail to grasp that White Feminists are only
    a small minority of the world's diverse women. And most of the rest
    of us have reasons to regard White Feminists as, at best, a false ally.
    We would prefer that White Feminism be destroyed (even if that would
    give sexist men a temporary sigh of relief) and a more inclusive
    Intersectional feminism rise over its ashes.

As a white woman born into an affluent supportive family, Suzanne
    has benefitted from class and racial privilege all her life, despite her
    personal tragedies of abuse (with which I have offered sympathy
    without condescension). So it's hardly surprising that Suzianne's
    cherished brand is White Feminism, a racist ideology (relatively popular
    among racist white men here) that aims to keep her racial privilege.
    And I suppose that I should not be naive enough to imagine that
    Suzanne would not fight tooth-and-nail and become a shameless liar
    on behalf of White Feminism.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 03:54
    The abusive lying troll HandyAndy has a long record of hurling insults
    and lies to attack me personally. Like most white American men,
    HandyAndy also may be motivated to deny or minimize racism or sexism.
    You need to get some new insults. These are wearing out.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 04:25
    First of all, the White Feminist Suxianne already has quite a record of
    lying tirelessly about why I condemn her White Feminist beliefs.
    Suzanne loves to reiterate the LIE that I criticize her or any other woman
    just for being white rather than for expressing racist White Feminist views.
    Suzanne prefers to ignore my citing some white women who condemn ...[text shortened]... Suzanne would not fight tooth-and-nail and become a shameless liar
    on behalf of White Feminism.
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

Thanks for ignoring literally everything in my post you responded to.