Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    20 Apr '09 20:47 / 1 edit
    Miss Calif.: Anti-gay marriage answer 'Cost me my crown'
    April 20, 2009, 3:54 PM EST
    MSN Entertainment

Miss California Carrie Prejean thinks her anti-same sex marriage opinion cost her the Miss USA title on Sunday.

In an interview on Monday's Billy Bush Show Prejean stated: "It did cost me my crown. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that's all I can do."

During the show, celebrity judge Perez Hilton asked Prejean on whether she thought same-sex marriage should be legalized. Prejean replied: "In my country, and in my family, I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman." Prejean later lost to Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton, who took home the crown.

"It is a very touchy subject and (Hilton) is a homosexual and I see where he was coming from and I see the audience would've wanted me to be more politically correct," she said. "But I was raised in a way that you can never compromise your beliefs and your opinions for anything."

Even though her answer stirred up some controversy, Prejean said she still felt like she won the competition.

"I feel like I'm the winner. I really do," Prejean said, mentioning that she had more than 200 friend requests and 1,000 new messages on Facebook.

http://tv.msn.com/miss-california-controversy/?GT1=28103

A miscarriage of justice to rival Dreyfus.

But I think we can all agree that the real winners these days
    are the women who get the most "friend requests" and "new messages" on Facebook.
  2. Standard member StTito
    The Mullverine
    20 Apr '09 20:57
    It is not politically correct to support gay marriage, it is called being fair. It is also called not being a bigot. So if you grew up in a bigoted house hold and you still believe your bigoted views and choose not to compromise those views, well then your a bigot.
  3. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    20 Apr '09 21:24
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    MSN Entertainment

Miss California Carrie Prejean thinks her anti-same sex marriage opinion cost her the Miss USA title on Sunday.

In an interview on Monday's Billy Bush Show Prejean stated: "It did cost me my crown. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I said wh ...[text shortened]... he women who get the most "friend requests" and "new messages" on Facebook.
    The Miss America pagent is such a bore. Miss California should go out and get a real job!
  4. 20 Apr '09 21:31
    Originally posted by StTito
    It is not politically correct to support gay marriage, it is called being fair. It is also called not being a bigot. So if you grew up in a bigoted house hold and you still believe your bigoted views and choose not to compromise those views, well then your a bigot.
    Well, civil unions are something.

Nice location, by the way.
  5. 21 Apr '09 06:04
    Bullchit!! I don't have to agree in gay marriage if my morals dictate that it is an abomination! That doesn't make me a bigot. Where do we, YOU, draw the line on what is classified as bigotry? Hating blacks simply because they are black is racial bigotry. Hating gays because they are gay is a form of bigotry. Simply expressing one's beliefs on gay marriage is an opinion. I don't believe in gay marriage, but I would never deny to gays from officiating the ceremony of marriage, and I don't hate gays. That is between them and God. Judge not, lest you be judged.
  6. 21 Apr '09 07:03 / 1 edit
    But it is politically correct to embrace the homosexual life style and this includes gay marriage. From the view of the politically correct crowd, if you oppose the homosexual life style you are a bigot and you must hate them also. Well guess what, there are other kinds of sexual behavoir, such as beastiality, that I am sure even you are opposed to yet that is "OK". In addition, I am sure you would be opposed to the state endorsing someone who wanted to marry a sheep, for example, without you necessarily hating them. Of course, perhaps this means you are merely a bigot towards them, eh?
  7. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    21 Apr '09 07:26
    I'll watch a miss competition the day they're naked and masturbating.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    21 Apr '09 07:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well guess what, there are other kinds of sexual behavoir, such as beastiality, that I am sure even you are opposed to yet that is "OK". In addition, I am sure you would be opposed to the state endorsing someone who wanted to marry a sheep, for example, without you necessarily hating them.
    This would be "Whodey's Really Big Idea #3 (of 3)"
  9. 21 Apr '09 08:07
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    MSN Entertainment

In an interview on Monday's Billy Bush Show Prejean stated: "It did cost me my crown. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I said wh ...[text shortened]... he women who get the most "friend requests" and "new messages" on Facebook.
    she stated her opinion and stuck by it even if lying would have perhaps got her the crown. and i respect her for it. and all that respect flew out the window when i read the "facebook paragraph"
  10. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    21 Apr '09 08:08
    But it is politically correct to embrace the homosexual life style and this includes gay marriage. From the view of the politically correct crowd, if you oppose the homosexual life style you are a bigot and you must hate them also. Well guess what, there are other kinds of sexual behavoir, such as beastiality, that I am sure even you are opposed to yet that ...[text shortened]... cessarily hating them. Of course, perhaps this means you are merely a bigot towards them, eh?
    Wow. Way to compare apples and oranges there, DB.

Marriage between two consenting adults != Bestiality

Sheesh, it's good to know what you equate homosexuals to...
  11. 21 Apr '09 08:09
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Bullchit!! I don't have to agree in gay marriage if my morals dictate that it is an abomination! That doesn't make me a bigot. Where do we, YOU, draw the line on what is classified as bigotry? Hating blacks simply because they are black is racial bigotry. Hating gays because they are gay is a form of bigotry. Simply expressing one's beliefs on gay ma ...[text shortened]... iage, and I don't hate gays. That is between them and God. Judge not, lest you be judged.
    why is racial segregation wrong but sexuality segregation a matter of opinion?

if it is wrong to make blacks use different toilets than whites, you don't believe it is wrong to deny gays to marry like the straights?
  12. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    21 Apr '09 08:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    I don't have to agree in gay marriage if my morals dictate that it is an abomination! That doesn't make me a bigot.
    FAIL!

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bigot
    one who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices;
  13. 21 Apr '09 08:11
    But it is politically correct to embrace the homosexual life style and this includes gay marriage. From the view of the politically correct crowd, if you oppose the homosexual life style you are a bigot and you must hate them also. Well guess what, there are other kinds of sexual behavoir, such as beastiality, that I am sure even you are opposed to yet that ...[text shortened]... cessarily hating them. Of course, perhaps this means you are merely a bigot towards them, eh?
    if someone marries a sheep, does that in any way affect you? is your marriage any less because a dood 1000 miles away from you is banging a sheep and calling her honey and wife?

it doesn't freakin concern you.
  14. Standard member StTito
    The Mullverine
    21 Apr '09 08:55
    Wow, those same arguments were used by people who were against interracial marriage. Bravo! See the difference between two consenting adults and say a sheep is well, do I really have to explain? I will say this though, In the US we have this great thing called separation of church and state. And you can bark all you want about your marriages being sacred and all, but the fact of the matter is the gov already has its' grubby little hands all over marriages with taxes and so on. So the we either let gays marry or EVERYBODY goes to a civil union format.(and the religious can keep their sacred marriages and their 50% divorce rate). What's it going to be?
  15. Standard member forkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    21 Apr '09 16:32
    Wow, those same arguments were used by people who were against interracial marriage. Bravo! See the difference between two consenting adults and say a sheep is well, do I really have to explain? I will say this though, In the US we have this great thing called separation of church and state. And you can bark all you want about your marriages being sacred and ...[text shortened]... religious can keep their sacred marriages and their 50% divorce rate). What's it going to be?
    I actually vote for the latter. I think the concept of "marriage" from the government and religious perspectives, should be completely separated. The the religious nuts don't lose their 'sacred holiness' and the homos don't lose their 'rights'.