1. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    04 Dec '17 02:252 edits
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    As usual, your logic is abysmal.
    The idiotic lying racist troll HandyAndy spews more nonsense.

    I made a HYP0THETICAL ANALOGY to a writer assigning nicknames to Chinese.
    "I wonder how Western readers would respond to a book where the author had assigned
    nicknames such as 'Big Nose Schwartz' or 'Moneylender Weiss' to Jewish people."
    --Duchess64

    Then HandyAndy dishonestly attempted to twist that analogy into an anti-Semitic comment.
    "Add antisemitism to your personal list of endearing qualities."
    --HandyAndy

    I note that, in contrast, HandyAndy refused to criticize a (white) British writer for assigning
    names such as 'Big Ears Wong' and 'Opium Li' to Chinese.

    In many threads, HandyAndy has shown himself to be an extremely hateful troll who's
    obsessed with lying and abusing me as much as possible.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    04 Dec '17 02:45
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The idiotic lying racist troll HandyAndy spews more nonsense.

    I made a HYP0THETICAL ANALOGY to a writer assigning nicknames to Chinese.
    "I wonder how Western readers would respond to a book where the author had assigned
    nicknames such as 'Big Nose Schwartz' or 'Moneylender Weiss' to Jewish people."
    --Duchess64

    Then HandyAndy dishonestly attemp ...[text shortened]... to be an extremely hateful troll who's
    obsessed with lying and abusing me as much as possible.
    Big Nose Schwartz? Moneylender Weiss? Your hatred of Jews is painfully apparent.

    Add hypocritical racist to your sickening list of attributes.
  3. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    04 Dec '17 03:441 edit
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Big Nose Schwartz? Moneylender Weiss? Your hatred of Jews is painfully apparent.

    Add hypocritical racist to your sickening list of attributes.
    The idiotic troll HandyAndy fails (at best) to comprehend the distinction between 'use' and 'mention'.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use%E2%80%93mention_distinction

    A non-racist writer may MENTION the 'N-word' WITHOUT USING it in a racist sense.
    Likewise, I mentioned an anti-Jewish stereotype without using it.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    04 Dec '17 15:09
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The idiotic troll HandyAndy fails (at best) to comprehend the distinction between 'use' and 'mention'.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use%E2%80%93mention_distinction

    A non-racist writer may MENTION the 'N-word' WITHOUT USING it in a racist sense.
    Likewise, I mentioned an anti-Jewish stereotype without using it.
    Curb the histrionics. You did use, with malice, ethnic slurs to describe Jews.

    You are (at best) a hypocritical racist and a devout bigot.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13372
    05 Dec '17 16:28
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Kim Jong-un's family name is Kim. Jong-un is his given name.
    I am aware of that. What difference does it make? You make it sound like I am disrespecting Un by not adding Jong. Are you defending him? Why do you care?

    Kim Jong-Un
    Kim Jong-Nam

    Un and Nam. That is the difference in his name and his half brother's name. If I'm too lazy to write Jong that is my business. Get a life!
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13372
    05 Dec '17 16:38
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    I ALREADY explained this to Sonhouse and everyone else, BEFORE MetalBrain's posts.
    Perhaps this explanation will be taken more seriously here if it comes from a white man.
    What I write is often taken more seriously in this deeply racist, sexist forum if it's reiterated by white men.

    "Westerners tend to be ignorant (or disrespectful) of non-Western na ...[text shortened]... ng Europeans.
    (Yes, my dear lying trolls, I know something about Hungarian naming conventions.)
    As I ALREADY pointed out before, Korean last names are first and vice versa. Calling him Un is like calling Trump Donald. I have a cousin that Married a South Korean Woman. I met her brothers Yong Sung and Yong keyong long ago. Not sure of the spelling.

    You make it sound like you are defending Un against disrespect from me. After Trump calling him all sorts of disrespectful names you feel the need to nit pick as if I'm being rude? I don't know the guy and I'm sure he will never read this. Get a life!
  7. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    05 Dec '17 21:18
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    As I ALREADY pointed out before, Korean last names are first and vice versa. Calling him Un is like calling Trump Donald. I have a cousin that Married a South Korean Woman. I met her brothers Yong Sung and Yong keyong long ago. Not sure of the spelling.

    You make it sound like you are defending Un against disrespect from me. After Trump calling him al ...[text shortened]... ick as if I'm being rude? I don't know the guy and I'm sure he will never read this. Get a life!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_name

    "It is generally considered rude to address people by their given names in Korean culture."

    Does the North Korean acolyte Metal Brain fantasize that Kim Jong-un would be pleased
    if Metal Brain were to meet him and address him as 'Un'?
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13372
    08 Dec '17 17:32
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_name

    "It is generally considered rude to address people by their given names in Korean culture."

    Does the North Korean acolyte Metal Brain fantasize that Kim Jong-un would be pleased
    if Metal Brain were to meet him and address him as 'Un'?
    I don't know Un so I don't care. All I care about is writing as few letters in a person's name as possible. Everybody knew who I was talking about and that is all that really matters.

    If you think Un deserves more respect than I have given him just say so. Ironically I have probably defended Un more than anyone on this forum even though he might be a jerk for all I know. Most people will not care. Most people dislike me for merely playing devil's advocate and insist that Un is a nut job while having no idea what the USA did to piss him off and have no desire to find out.

    Il and Un both wanted a peace treaty. The USA doesn't and that is the root cause of the problem.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13372
    15 Dec '17 20:37
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    I don't know Un so I don't care. All I care about is writing as few letters in a person's name as possible. Everybody knew who I was talking about and that is all that really matters.

    If you think Un deserves more respect than I have given him just say so. Ironically I have probably defended Un more than anyone on this forum even though he might be a ...[text shortened]... Il and Un both wanted a peace treaty. The USA doesn't and that is the root cause of the problem.
    An excerpt from the link below:

    "Before the first season aired, you told Charlie Rose that you had an interview with Kim Jong-un, but it never materialized. What happened?
    We did interview him, but we didn’t get it on camera. We had a three-hour dinner with the guy, but we weren’t allowed to bring anything in. You couldn’t bring keys in, you couldn’t bring credit cards. We were supposed to get the footage from the North Korean television agency, but they didn’t give it to us."

    https://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/magazine/vice-shane-smith.html
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    73046
    15 Dec '17 20:59
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The idiotic troll HandyAndy fails (at best) to comprehend the distinction between 'use' and 'mention'.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use%E2%80%93mention_distinction

    A non-racist writer may MENTION the 'N-word' WITHOUT USING it in a racist sense.
    Likewise, I mentioned an anti-Jewish stereotype without using it.
    You sure do get a kick out of labeling people don't you? even to the point of manufacturing evidence. 😞😞
Back to Top