Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 13 Nov '17 19:55
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-tells-roy-moore-164427890.html

So should every politician accused of sexual wrongdoings pull out of their election bid?
  2. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    13 Nov '17 21:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey

So should every politician accused of sexual wrongdoings pull out of their election bid?
    I'm convinced Roy Moore is guilty of at least some of these charges of sexual misconduct, but why did these women waited so long, then all decide to complain at once?? This situation makes me tired all over.
  3. 13 Nov '17 21:08
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Frankly, I don't know what to think at this point. I'm convinced Roy Moore is guilty of at least some of these charges of sexual misconduct, but why did these women waited so long, then all decide to complain at once?? This situation makes me tired all over.
    Oftentimes, when one accuser comes forward, it encourages others to do the same because they feel they are no longer alone when doing so, and when there are multiple people accusing someone of wrongdoing it makes the claim more credible. Many of these women have been harassed after coming forward by Moore loyalists and they have nothing to gain from accusing Moore other than perhaps a feeling of justice. So it is quite understandable that they have been quiet about it for this time.
  4. 13 Nov '17 21:34
    I'm convinced Roy Moore is guilty of at least some of these charges of sexual misconduct, but why did these women waited so long, then all decide to complain at once?? This situation makes me tired all over.
    You are convinced as well as Mitch.

Why have a court system? Seems like we could save a lot of $$$.
  5. 13 Nov '17 21:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @mchil to Whodeyl
    I'm convinced Roy Moore is guilty of at least some of these charges of sexual misconduct,
    but why did these women waited so long, then all decide to complain at once?? This situation makes me tired all over.
    Mchill shows that he has no comprehension of women's experiences of sexual harassment or assault.
    Does Mchill fantasize there's a conspiracy of unrelated women who wait for many years
    to pounce upon an innocent man with false accusations of sexual harassment or assault?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/13/roy-moore-threatens-to-sue-washington-post-sexual-misconduct-report

"Roy Moore: second woman says Senate nominee sexually assaulted her as a minor."

"Beverly Young Nelson ... said Moore sexually assaulted her when she was 16.
    Nelson said that Moore physically attacked her in a car, grabbing her breasts and trying
    to force her head down on to his crotch. “I thought he was going to rape me,” said
    Nelson, who at one point broke down in tears."

Is it more likely that she's truthful or an actress skilled enough to give such a convincing performance?
  6. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    13 Nov '17 21:43 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Mchill shows that he has no comprehension of women's experiences of sexual harassment or assault.
    Does Mchill fantasize there's a conspiracy of unrelated women who wait for many years
    to pounce upon an innocent man with false accusations of sexual harassment or assault?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/13/roy-moore-threatens-to-sue-washin ...[text shortened]... e likely that she's truthful or an actress skilled enough to give such a convincing performance?
    So Duchess. Saying that "I'm convinced Roy Moore is guilty of at least some of these charges of sexual misconduct" just wasn't good enough. I'm still the enemy because I'm a white male, right?
  7. 13 Nov '17 21:52 / 3 edits
    So Duchess. Saying that "I'm convinced Roy Moore is guilty of at least some of these
    charges of sexual misconduct" just wasn't good enough. I'm still the enemy, right?
    The racist and sexist troll Mchill's dishonest about what I object to in his post.

"But why did these women waited so long, then all decide to complain at once??"
    --Mchill

Mchill insinuates that these women must have a suspicious or sinister motive.
    KazetNagorra already has given a sufficient explanation to Mchill.

How many teenage girls are brave enough to accuse a well-respected powerful man of
    sexually harassing or assaulting them immediately after it happens to them?

Here's a recent example of Mchill's blatant sexism:
    "Women spend countless hours in front of their little mirrors, stressing over their hair,
    nails, clothes and countless other little details all so they'll get noticed and appreciated by
    men, then when men notice them, they become hurt, angry, insulted, and start sniveling
    about sexual harassment like little wounded martyrs. ... Almost any communication between
    a man and a woman can be seen as sexual harassment if viewed through the right lens."
    --Mchill (page 1, post 6, "Most Women Have Been Harassed at Work in the UK" )

Mchill's sexist drivel seems popular in this overwhelmingly sexist male-dominated forum.
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Nov '17 21:55
    Probably because they got calls from WaPo saying that WaPo was running the story. Until then, they may not have known where to turn or who was going to do anything about it. Once WaPo called them and said they were going public anyway, that seemed as good a time as any to come forward.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Nov '17 21:57
    Originally posted by @whodey

I'd say politicians accused of similar sexual wrongdoings by 4 independent alleged victims should probably step down to deal with the accusations, yes.

When and if they're vindicated, they can always come back.
  10. 14 Nov '17 03:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @sh76 to Whodey
    I'd say politicians accused of similar sexual wrongdoings by 4 independent alleged victims should probably step down to deal with the accusations, yes.
    When and if they're vindicated, they can always come back.
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/nov/10/bbc-suspends-drama-rape-allegations-against-ed-westwick

"BBC suspends drama in wake of rape allegations against Ed Westwick"

"The BBC has suspended the release of an upcoming Agatha Christie adaptation after
    allegations of rape were made against one of the actors in the programme.
    The British actor Ed Westwick, best known for his roles in American drama Gossip Girl
    and the BBC comedy White Gold, has denied the allegations made against him by two
    women – Kristina Cohen and Aurélie Wynn."

"“I told him to stop, but he was strong, I fought him off as hard as I could but he grabbed
    my face in his hands, shaking me, telling me he wanted to f*** me. I was paralyzed, terrified.
    I couldn’t speak, I could no longer move. He held me down and raped me."
    --Kristina Cohen (actress accusing Ed Westwick of raping her)

"“I said ‘no’ and he pushed me face down and was powerless under his weight,”
    --Aurelie Wynn (actress accusing Ed Westwick of raping her)
  11. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    14 Nov '17 12:58
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/nov/10/bbc-suspends-drama-rape-allegations-against-ed-westwick

"BBC suspends drama in wake of rape allegations against Ed Westwick"

"The BBC has suspended the release of an upcoming Agatha Christie adaptation after
    allegations of rape were made against one of the actors in the programme.
    The British a ...[text shortened]... d was powerless under his weight,”
    --Aurelie Wynn (actress accusing Ed Westwick of raping her)
    So in your mind EVERY one of the accusers are totally to be believed, given that women as a group are EXTREMELY honest in every aspect of their lives. There could not POSSIBLY be a situation where say, 3 of the women are telling the honest truth and 2 of them are hanging on the coatails of the others hoping for a free ride? OF COURSE NOT, since WOMEN are the totally honest sex, while males NEVER tell the truth and in fact males should be banished from the planet, right? ESPECIALLY RHP males.
  12. 14 Nov '17 21:06 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So in your mind EVERY one of the accusers are totally to be believed, given that women as a group are EXTREMELY honest in every aspect of their lives. There could not POSSIBLY be a situation where say, 3 of the women are telling the honest truth and 2 of them are hanging on the coatails of the others hoping for a free ride? OF COURSE NOT, since WOMEN are t ...[text shortened]... ell the truth and in fact males should be banished from the planet, right? ESPECIALLY RHP males.
    "So in your mind EVERY one of the accusers are totally to be believed..."
    --Sonhouse

The idiotic (or lying) troll Sonhouse puts more words into my mouth to attack a 'strawman'.
    Sonhouse keeps showing that he's morally reprehensible in many ways
  13. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    14 Nov '17 21:19
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So in your mind EVERY one of the accusers are totally to be believed, given that women as a group are EXTREMELY honest in every aspect of their lives. There could not POSSIBLY be a situation where say, 3 of the women are telling the honest truth and 2 of them are hanging on the coatails of the others hoping for a free ride? OF COURSE NOT, since WOMEN are t ...[text shortened]... ell the truth and in fact males should be banished from the planet, right? ESPECIALLY RHP males.
    The irony is of course, Duchess64 dodges any request for her to condemn Roman Polanski in light of the rape allegations made about him. (Instead she just posts a link about how Polish people are becoming more positive about him).

This of course has nothing to do with the fact that Polanski isn't American,....oh no.
  14. 14 Nov '17 21:24
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke to Sonhouse
    The irony is of course, Duchess64 dodges any request for her to condemn Roman Polanski in light of the rape allegations made about him. (Instead she just posts a link about how Polish people are becoming more positive about him).

This of course has nothing to do with the fact that Polanski isn't American,....oh no.
    If the lying troll Ghost of a Duke wants to fantasize that I approve of Roman Polanski, go ahead.
    I never wrote that, but Ghost of a Duke has a long record of putting words into my mouth.

My recent condemnation of Islamocphobic white supremacists marching in Warsaw
    should be enough to show that I am far from being a Polish nationalist who would
    admire Roman Polanski on account of some perverse sense of 'national pride'.
    I note, however, that Lech Walesa (a Nobel Peace Prize winner) greatly admires
    Roman Polanski and has supported him regarding accusations of sexual abuse.
  15. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    14 Nov '17 21:41 / 1 edit
    "So in your mind EVERY one of the accusers are totally to be believed..."
    --Sonhouse

The idiotic (or lying) troll Sonhouse puts more words into my mouth to attack a 'strawman'.
    Sonhouse keeps showing that he's morally reprehensible in many ways
    Yep, pose a situation that could be true, and it's a strawman regardless of whether it could be in fact true. I was saying that actually happens. It happened in fact to my step daughter who, while having an IQ of 170, was convinced by her psychologist she was molested by her biological father which was subequently proven to be 100% false but was in fact done by a psychologist who turned out to have a hatred of men and managed to instill false memories in a briliant child, whom we loved very much I can assure you of that. RIP. (another terrible story)
    It seems to you, for someone to mention a possibility it is an automatic attack on your person. Is this how you handle yourself in your own personal dealings with people around you or do you just reserve this kind of behavior for us hated males here at RHP?

When you say you like someone you give them the power to hurt. For me, that phase is over.