Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 11 Dec '16 13:46 / 2 edits
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/741644/Egypt-Giza-Great-Pyramids-bombing-dead-attack-entrance-tourist-attraction

    This time at the pyramids in Egypt. A bomb went off killing 6.

    Looking at the news today I see next to nothing about it. Have we simply accepted that this is common place in the world and not worth reporting, or do you think that the news has taken Obama's approach of never uttering the words Islamic terrorists as a means of down playing terrorism in the hopes of not giving them free press and more recruits?

    Obviously, this attack was meant to do one thing, send a message to infidels that they are not welcome to Egypt to see the pyramids. So should the press just ignore this in the hopes that the goal can be thwarted or should the public be made aware that there are dangers traveling to these Islamic countries?
  2. 11 Dec '16 13:53
    I think the perpetrators of these kind of attacks should be arrested and tried in court. What do you think, whodey?
  3. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    11 Dec '16 14:04
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I think the perpetrators of these kind of attacks should be arrested and tried in court. What do you think, whodey?
    Apparently, only if they are Islamic terrorists.

    Because after all, we all know that terrorists must be classified by their religion instead of their nationality, because really, it is their religion we don't like, and can blame it for their actions, because we have to keep people afraid in order to keep them out of the country. Right, whodey?
  4. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    11 Dec '16 14:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/741644/Egypt-Giza-Great-Pyramids-bombing-dead-attack-entrance-tourist-attraction

    This time at the pyramids in Egypt. A bomb went off killing 6.

    Looking at the news today I see next to nothing about it. Have we simply accepted that this is common place in the world and not worth reporting, or do you think that the ne ...[text shortened]... or should the public be made aware that there are dangers traveling to these Islamic countries?
    Have you considered a President making speeches referring to "Islamic terrorists" will only serve to inflame and already difficult situation?
  5. 11 Dec '16 15:17
    Libtards are idiots.
  6. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    11 Dec '16 15:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/741644/Egypt-Giza-Great-Pyramids-bombing-dead-attack-entrance-tourist-attraction

    This time at the pyramids in Egypt. A bomb went off killing 6.

    Looking at the news today I see next to nothing about it. Have we simply accepted that this is common place in the world and not worth reporting, or do you think that the ne ...[text shortened]... or should the public be made aware that there are dangers traveling to these Islamic countries?
    I don't what sort of news outlets you read, but it is reported on the BBC, Dutch TV, Al Jazeera.... well, let me check CNN for you...

    Oh... front page...

    Yeah... so pretty much everything you wrote is utter crap.

    Bloody moron.
  7. 11 Dec '16 19:08
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I don't what sort of news outlets you read, but it is reported on the BBC, Dutch TV, Al Jazeera.... well, let me check CNN for you...

    Oh... front page...

    Yeah... so pretty much everything you wrote is utter crap.

    Bloody moron.
    I watched CNN but saw nothing there.

    Here in the states the only news coverage is that Putin put Trump in the White House.
  8. 11 Dec '16 19:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I think the perpetrators of these kind of attacks should be arrested and tried in court. What do you think, whodey?
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!

    But that's not the question Spanky
  9. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    11 Dec '16 19:18 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I think the perpetrators of these kind of attacks should be arrested and tried in court. What do you think, whodey?
    Edit: Double post, similar to whodey's post above.
  10. 11 Dec '16 19:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    Have you considered a President making speeches referring to "Islamic terrorists" will only serve to inflame and already difficult situation?
    Well that is the question.

    I know when there is a police shooting involving a minority you hear the press scream from the roof tops with the President chiming in and feeding into the notion that law enforcement is racist. Then when police start being executed around the country nothing seems to dissuade them.

    I reckon this form of terrorism is OK but the Islamic terrorism is not PC.
  11. 11 Dec '16 19:36 / 1 edit
    If you ignore terrorism will it go away? No.

    If you ignore terrorism will it help diminish its impact and its spreading around the world? I dunno.

    Maybe the left should just ignore what they don't like. So instead of attacking the Tea Party by calling them a bunch of "teabaggers" maybe they should just pretend they don't exist.
  12. 11 Dec '16 19:40
    I've often wondered if school shootings don't just feed on themselves. What if the press was forbidden to mention them? Would the incidence of school shootings go down?

    My guess is yes.
  13. 11 Dec '16 19:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!

    But that's not the question Spanky
    What is the question? You know as well as I do that Islamic terrorist attacks are extensively covered by world media including the report you cite. The much bigger bombing of a Coptic cathedral is currently a top story worldwide.
  14. 11 Dec '16 19:41
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What is the question? You know as well as I do that Islamic terrorist attacks are extensively covered by world media including the report you cite. The much bigger bombing of a Coptic cathedral is currently a top story worldwide.
    The question is how to cover it.

    For example, Obama refuses to ever utter the words "Islamic Terrorism", presumably so as not to give attention to them which might encourage more of it.
  15. 11 Dec '16 19:45 / 3 edits
    The press did a brilliant job ignoring Ron Paul in 2008 while running for President.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ezPaMJH4Q

    Even when Ron came in first or second in some states, the press talked completely around him pretending he did not exist. As Jon Stewart aptly pointed out, "When did Ron Paul become the 13th floor in a hotel?"

    It worked like a charm. His campaign went no where. I think this is why Trump won. Although the press was all negative around him, they ate him up knowing he would bring in big ratings. This gave birth to his Presidency.