Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 21:16
    Originally posted by @whodey
    What is interesting to me is, one killed in Virginia and 13 in Barcelona but the press is obsessed with the killings in Virginia.

Why?

Both are bigots. One is bigoted towards a certain race and the other is bigoted against people based on religion. Is one preferable to the other even though Islamic terrorism is a world wide movement that kills far more people? Is racial bigotry far worse than other forms of bigotry?
    Why does Whodey pretend to be shocked that the American media prefers to pay more
    attention to an American terrorist killing an American in the USA than to a foreign terrorist
    killing foreigners far away from the USA?

Does Whodey also pretend to be shocked when the American media pays more attention
    to a train accident that kills four people in the USA than one that kills forty people in Egypt?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 22:01
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Why does Whodey pretend to be shocked that the American media prefers to pay more
    attention to an American terrorist killing an American in the USA than to a foreign terrorist
    killing foreigners far away from the USA?

Does Whodey also pretend to be shocked when the American media pays more attention
    to a train accident that kills four people in the USA than one that kills forty people in Egypt?
    Just look at the threads here

It seems YOU only care about the American President even though you live over there.

Why is that?
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 00:39
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Just look at the threads here

It seems YOU only care about the American President even though you live over there.
    Why is that?
    Given the power of the USA, the US President has global importance and influence.

I care about many issues other than the US President or US partisan politics.
    I don't bother to mention most of my interests here because few, if any, readers would share them.